• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richyd
    • Dec 2019
    • Sydney

2000 nm pajero auxiliary fuel tank

Hey guys,
    Have been watching from the sidelines for a while now and have found lots of great info, but now need a bit more specific help.

I have recently purchased a secondhand 2000 nm glx pajero. I am hoping to install a auxiliary fuel tank and am looking at buying a secondhand tank.

I have found one on Gumtree which is advertised as:
    "Outback Long range fuel tank off Mitsubishi Pajero
    Fit NK,NL, NM, NP series
    90cm x 75cm 32cm depth
    Please call Outback with part number attached OBFT M914620L"

The advert also has pictures attached which shiw an "opposite lock 4wd" logo on it. I have attempted to contact opposite lock to get the serial number checked-but no luck.

I was hoping someone here may be able to help out and may know if this would fit? I have also read many posts about auxiliary tanks which mention different tanks depending on rear air conditioning. I'm not quite sure what this refers to- my car has vents in the rear near the floor (and the rear seats fold underneath the floor) but no separate air conditioning controller etc for the rear.

Hopefully someone here can help! I'm happy to post a link to the Gumtree advert so that you can see the pictures- I just wasn't sure if it was permitted or not.

Thanks for any help!
    Richard
  • pharb
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Tyers,Vic

The ad is mistaken with its stated model fitment.

The dimensions sound roughly like a long range tank for NH to NL models, which replaces factory tank under floor behind rear axle.

ARB are the only manufactures of long range tank for NM to NX models, which fit in front of rear axle on RHS.

How much do they want for it?
    I have a long range tank for Gen 2 (NH to NL) to sell as well.
    PCOV Member 1107.
    Daily driver NX GLX
    Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
    Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
    Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• Richyd
      • Dec 2019
      • Sydney

Thats a shame!
      Oh well, better than buying it and finding out later!
      They are after $250.

Thanks for the help

Comment

• El_Freddo
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2018
        • Bridgewater, Vic

You have all the options available from the LRA tank range - including the 81L since you don’t have rear AC.

Very well worth it. If you go second hand make sure you get all the body mounts, dual filler neck and the switch/gauge combo from the dashboard. The rest you should be able to source yourself.

I’ve just installed our second hand tank and while a PITA sourcing/modding parts to make it all fit and work, it was well worth the effort! It’s an odd experience watching the fuel gauge go from empty to full without a servo stop!

We’re more aware of a few cents price difference when filling both tanks too

Cheers

Bennie
        2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X