Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Recommendations for a good quality synthetic winch cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

Recommendations for a good quality synthetic winch cable?

Any recommended online stores? There’s literally hundreds of different brands available including Dyneema and generics.

Just wondering if somebody has bought one recently for a reasonable price and is happy with it.
    Last edited by HeavyPizzaz; 02-05-19, 03:05 PM.
  • HeavyPizzaz
    Valued Member
    • May 2017
    • Sydney

Wondering if somebody can help me out with this one:

Surely it's better buying a "generic" synthetic rope from 4wdsupacentre than from a random eBay seller.

What I need help with is that it doesn't seem to have a thimble at the end, rather it seems to show just the black sleeve over the rope loop end. Can I just attach my existing winch hook (off my Warn wire cable) onto this loop end?

Also, another photo shows a yellow sleeve. Would this be the heat sleeve that is meant to go on the first roll on the spool? Or would I need another one? The sleeve looks thicker in this How To: http://www.masterpull.com/how-to-ins...ic-winch-line/

Any user experiences of this particular Hercules product would be appreciated.

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Use your hook or other end piece from your current winch. I would still be adding a wear piecearound the hooks pin to stop chaffing of the synthetic rope. Yes...the yellow piece is to stop heat from drum damaging the rope when extended time winching. You will probably find e-bay sellers and 4wd supercentre get their rope from the same suppliers. . Is it as good as paying 3 times for a "brand name" rope....who knows. I,d certainly buy one...however I just run 3 small winches with rope (4500kg on trailer) and rope seems fine...cheap arse winches as well...
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
        Valued Member
        • May 2017
        • Sydney

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
        Use your hook or other end piece from your current winch. I would still be adding a wear piecearound the hooks pin to stop chaffing of the synthetic rope. Yes...the yellow piece is to stop heat from drum damaging the rope when extended time winching. You will probably find e-bay sellers and 4wd supercentre get their rope from the same suppliers. . Is it as good as paying 3 times for a "brand name" rope....who knows. I,d certainly buy one...however I just run 3 small winches with rope (4500kg on trailer) and rope seems fine...cheap arse winches as well...
        Thanks Dicko. You’re probably right about sourcing the ropes from same suppliers. It’s worth a go for $79 and at least warranty / quality issues should be easier to resolve with a big online store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X