• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Georgie
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2013
    • Secret Harbour WA

Engel mat

In answer to Shanes question of where to put the green Engel mat Im not sure but I put it under the basket to stop the rust marks from the basket and I use a piece of foam rubber cut from one of those square interlocking floor mats which stops any thing coming in contact with the water at the bottom of the fridge also it makes a good cushion in the bottom of the fridge
    Cheers
    Georgie
    2015 Sahara
    Black Mica in colour
    BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

• Turorit
      • Oct 2016
      • Adelaide

Great idea!
      I might give it a crack this weekend on my CF40. The dairy section is useless!
      2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
      --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

• sharkcaver
        "2000"+ Valued Contributor
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Originally posted by Turorit View Post
        Great idea!
        I might give it a crack this weekend on my CF40. The dairy section is useless!
        I have done it to all my fridges. It works brilliantly, particularly for those useless dairy sections.

So I started this post in 2012. The blower fans are still running well. And the original pic where I used round PVC pipe was changed to use rectangular cable duct from bunnings. 6 years later and I'm still very happy with it. It makes that large volume of dairy section in my CFX50 usable now, and the contents at the top of the fridge remain the same temperature as those on the bottom. from the little power it consumes and small volume it takes up in the fridge, you wont look back. I promise.
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• gemster
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2012
          • Gold Coast

There is a product we use in the Air-con industry that is called 'Wave-bar'.. It is a lead impregnated vinyl about 2mm thick and is used for sound insulation... May help in the noise department... We wrap industrial fans in it... A very nice mod Sharkcaver...

Gemster....
          YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
          And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
          ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• Turorit
            • Oct 2016
            • Adelaide

Turns out I've got every other size of fan in my junk box but no blower, guess I'll to play the waiting game

Sharkcaver, have you wired the fan directly to the fridge or just using an alternative 12v source?

Originally posted by gemster View Post
            There is a product we use in the Air-con industry that is called 'Wave-bar'.. It is a lead impregnated vinyl about 2mm thick and is used for sound insulation... May help in the noise department... We wrap industrial fans in it... A very nice mod Sharkcaver...
            Gemster....
            Gemster, would I be correct in saying that a bit of Dynamat would have the same outcome on these little fans? I've probably got some scraps around somewhere. Or is it a case of 'Wave-Bar' absorbing high freq noise?
            2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
            --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

• sharkcaver
              "2000"+ Valued Contributor
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Originally posted by Turorit View Post
              Turns out I've got every other size of fan in my junk box but no blower, guess I'll to play the waiting game

Sharkcaver, have you wired the fan directly to the fridge or just using an alternative 12v source?
              I tap into the fridge power lead, add a small m205 fuse holder and a 5x 2.1 dc socket. The fridge fan plugs into this connection. I have done this to all 3 different types of fridge power leads I have that power my 4 fridges.

he with the most toys wins
              Last edited by sharkcaver; 02-03-19, 05:58 PM.
              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• gemster
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2012
                • Gold Coast

Never heard of Dyna-mat Turorit... But I had a google and yes I think it would do a simular job. you could use 2 layers if needed... We only used wave bar(industry standard for us) but you could try some Dyna-mat.. I think you are correct saying it quietens High Frequency Noise... These Fans im talking about are up to 3m Diameter and just a single layer suppressed the noise dramatically around the Fan casing and duct work leading up to the fans ...

It is also used to make 'Silent Rooms' like on a job we did for Westpac... Used in their Meeting room so nobody can listen to what was said from outside... We had fun in that room telling our boss 'We Can't Hear You'...

Gemster....
                YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
                And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
                ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• Turorit
                  • Oct 2016
                  • Adelaide

eBay fan finally arrived. I thought I'd be clever and order a 2nd fan from a different seller, somewhere along the line I mixed up my tabs & ordered a 5v fan from the same seller. 50% success!

Fan is in & ready to be tested, Its powered from my fusebox in the rear of the car. I've also got an inline buck converter in case I want to run the fan at 7v to be a little quieter.

I mounted the fan on the long-side of the fridge so that I can still fit a six pack in that side of the basket.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X