• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • denmonkey
    • Oct 2017
    • Newcastle NSW

Overland XF Forward Fold Camper Series II

A mate just scored himself a bluetongue FF camper.
    On the weekend I got the chance to shoot some footage of it as he went through it for the first time.

Whilst not my cup of tea, it sure looks like a nice bit of kit.
    I either prefer my caravan, pull up and you're already set up or sometimes I go bush away from everyone else , a chair, a saw, some food and the dog out of the back of the Paj.
    Since this sits somewhere in the middle in my mind, it doesn't hold the attraction for me from either end of the spectrum.
    No denying its a nice set up though.
    Interested in others opinions .

Anyway there are 3 vids to come as I get them edited.

See below.

Part 1

cheers Brett
    Attached Files
  • denmonkey
    • Oct 2017
    • Newcastle NSW

part 2

https://youtu.be/aBE6eS0jyko
    Last edited by denmonkey; 23-01-18, 07:35 PM.

Comment

• denmonkey
      • Oct 2017
      • Newcastle NSW

and............part 3

Attached Files

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2014
        • Wellington,New Zealand

i like all the little aussie flags!Was that Australia Day?
        2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
        BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

I like the forward folds except for the ridiculous weight of the things . Most are around 2000k when ready to travel with the family. Tow ball weight is also normally on the heavy side. I,ve seen weights in excess of 240kg mentioned on forums. . I,d have one any day over a caravan. Have never understood why people want to get outdoors then spend mega dollars on a van. Canvas, whether swag or camper is real camping. Simpler the better. . Plenty of good campers out there. Actually the market is flooded with them. Some really cheap 2nd hand ones can be had. Hope your mate enjoys the camping..he,s got a nice rig to do it with.
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• denmonkey
            • Oct 2017
            • Newcastle NSW

Hey Dicko,

I was a bit surprised with the weights of them . Still, I think the forward folders or at least the hard floor ones are the pick of the bunch.
            I don't get the tent on a trailer concept through as a general rule.
            Ive got a caravan for a bit of travelling, but camping I'll take the dog, a chair, some firewook and my hammock. At that point, I'm happy as a pig in shit.

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by denmonkey View Post
              Hey Dicko,

I was a bit surprised with the weights of them . Still, I think the forward folders or at least the hard floor ones are the pick of the bunch.
              I don't get the tent on a trailer concept through as a general rule.
              Ive got a caravan for a bit of travelling, but camping I'll take the dog, a chair, some firewook and my hammock. At that point, I'm happy as a pig in shit.
              I,ve got a soft top...swore I,d never get another one..BUT..I did. Anyway I am going to take the canvas tent, base board and annex off and just go back to a tent or tent/swag. Boat fits on top of camper and once annex and tent is gone I,ll have room for plenty of firewood. I am trying to keep it simple..probably use a large tarp as well. I normally camp in the same spot for 3-5 nights at a time...plus I,m in no rush.
              cheers.
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X