• Apr 2015
    • Jamisontown NSW

Track abuse.

Not good if the report is true.

• green troll
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2015
    • Adelaide

Yeah times have changed since roothy left. They do seem to be always blasting through puddles and spinning wheels when not needed.
    I hope they do cop some flack and change their behaviour. It just seems to be DVDs of bogans now. Very sad and embarrassing

Comment

• Hatto
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2013
      • Mandurah WA

I've watched that DVD and saw nothing wrong with it. Just banter between rival magazines I reckon. If there is a bog hole between you and your destination you have a go! If you don't make it, winch out. To say they rip up tracks is ridiculous to me. What about the thousands of vehicles that have been through those tracks in years gone by who have all contributed to creating those bog holes. Leave them alone I say and if people don't want to serious 4x4ing then Wath Pat callinan!
      Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
      ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Not unusual behaviour. This is the norm now for many dickhead off roaders. This is also the reason many tracks and parks are getting shut down. Its only going to see a lot more shut down in future.This promo vid shows the drivers as morons. Its crap like this that stopped me buying 4wd mags many, many years ago. This is not responsible, serious 4w driving. It was showing off with total disregard to the environment in some areas. There were side tracks that the wankers should have used!!!

Those tracks on the video will never recover from erosion and will eventually be closed off for good. I hope they didnt have the necessary permits and get fined to the full extent of the law.

Wheel spinning and roaring down wet boggy tracks doesnt make you look intelligent or prove your a good driver. Once again its the actions of a few that could ruin things for many.
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2014
          • Wellington,New Zealand

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
          Not unusual behaviour. This is the norm now for many dickhead off roaders. This is also the reason many tracks and parks are getting shut down. Its only going to see a lot more shut down in future.This promo vid shows the drivers as morons. Its crap like this that stopped me buying 4wd mags many, many years ago. This is not responsible, serious 4w driving. It was showing off with total disregard to the environment in some areas. There were side tracks that the wankers should have used!!!

Those tracks on the video will never recover from erosion and will eventually be closed off for good. I hope they didnt have the necessary permits and get fined to the full extent of the law.

Wheel spinning and roaring down wet boggy tracks doesnt make you look intelligent or prove your a good driver. Once again its the actions of a few that could ruin things for many.
          some may say the side tracks are an abuse too.
          2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
          BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2014
            • Wellington,New Zealand

it all looks pretty harmless.They are always on the track.The slo mo splash shots are just that They arent bogged and spinning wheels and spraying dirt everywhere making bigger ruts
            2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
            BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
              it all looks pretty harmless.They are always on the track.The slo mo splash shots are just that They arent bogged and spinning wheels and spraying dirt everywhere making bigger ruts

I must have watched a different promo video mate.
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• green troll
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2015
                • Adelaide

I think there's a difference between serious 4 wheeling and being irresponsible. You can still do intense wheeling but have respect for the track and the environment.

Blasting through water and mud for the slo Mo shots contributes to erosion. You will still get through without the speed and digging up the track with excessive wheel spin. The mag and videos has been marketed at bogans full stop. It's literally thongs and wife beaters worn in the vids, apart for graham who shows a bit more respect for his surroundings. This is what the new 4x4 driver thinks is the norm and they go out and repeat what they see.

There's no getting around the fact that tracks are getting closed due to behaviour similar to what they portray.

Comment

• dhula
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2012
                  • South of Perth

While I don't like the vids 4WDA do anymore and haven't for a long while now, I can't see any difference between what they are doing and what the lads from All4Adventure do on their video's/shows.
                  2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
                  2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• Pickle
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2007
                    • All over Oz

Originally posted by green troll View Post
                    , apart for graham who shows a bit more respect for his surroundings. This is what the new 4x4 driver thinks is the norm and they go out and repeat what they see.

There's no getting around the fact that tracks are getting closed due to behaviour similar to what they portray.
                    And Graham would have been on that trip notwithstanding his Grandfather dying just before he was supposed to go. Those guys did nothing wrong, these armchair critics who can bag them from what they think is bogan acts. I would rather them stay on the proper track than driving on the bypass. If you know anything about the Balfour Track then you would know that under all that water is a pretty firm base and your less likely to chop that up than the bypass. Most of them will drive through the water quicker to stop as much water ingress into the cabin. So in my eyes they did the right thing .
                    Maybe we should stop all videos being produced nowadays on 4wds and there trips as it seems to be once one spins a wheel on camera you are labelled. I can honestly say there wouldn't be too many people on this board that have driven through a muddy rut and not made a splash or had wheelspin happen....cut a new track around it and film it for everyone to see.
                    Then see how much crap you cop.
                    Dave
                    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• littleriver
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • Queensland

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                      And Graham would have been on that trip notwithstanding his Grandfather dying just before he was supposed to go. Those guys did nothing wrong, these armchair critics who can bag them from what they think is bogan acts. I would rather them stay on the proper track than driving on the bypass. If you know anything about the Balfour Track then you would know that under all that water is a pretty firm base and your less likely to chop that up than the bypass. Most of them will drive through the water quicker to stop as much water ingress into the cabin. So in my eyes they did the right thing .
                      Maybe we should stop all videos being produced nowadays on 4wds and there trips as it seems to be once one spins a wheel on camera you are labelled. I can honestly say there wouldn't be too many people on this board that have driven through a muddy rut and not made a splash or had wheelspin happen....cut a new track around it and film it for everyone to see.
                      Then see how much crap you cop.
                      Dave
                      Well said Dave

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Hatto
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2013
                        • Mandurah WA

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                        well said dave

x 2!!!
                        Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                        ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Paj man
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2010
                          • Perth

While that's a valid and good argument. The last 4wd action dvd I ever watched (maybe 18 months or so ago) had an outtake in the credits of a camera crew member on the edge of a puddle, wet and complaining while the presenter laughed and said 'well you told me to give it the berries'. I remember this quite clearly as, due to the size of said puddle, I couldn't understand why this was done other than only for the point of looking good.

4wd action need to remember who makes up their target audience. Once young/inexperienced drivers see this, it is likely they will head out and try and re-enact it. This unfortunately is a contributor to track deterioration and the potential resulting closure.
                          1997 NK - Quad cam goodness turning 33 Duratrac's and 4.9 diffs, 2inch lift, steel front/sides/rear, front locker and a winch

Now pending: Nothing

Comment

• Roach
                            • Nov 2013
                            • Cairns

X 3!!!
                            Swb nh import 3.0 v6 5spd man, ralliart, lifted, locked and charged on 37" creepys!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X