• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motorazr
    • Aug 2018
    • Adelaide

Viscous Fan NL 6g74

I am looking for a cheaper alternative than the MM replacement for the radiator fan, around $500 is a bit too steep.
    Has anyone found anything cheaper and suitable for the NL 3.5l 6g74 motor that will fit.
  • stumagoo
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Perth WA S.O.R

I am running one off my nissan 300zx.... apparently its the same or similar to a navara one..... the difference was the fan does not sit quite as far into the shroud and the fan is a little larger in diameter 5mm or so
    1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
    *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
    1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• TomW
      • Mar 2017
      • Melbourne

opinions vary but I just went with a cheapie from ebay, some people claim they don't work right / die after a short time etc etc but I have had one installed for about 3 years now with no problems:

Cheapest option:

For Pajero NL 3.5 MPFI Petrol (LWB 5Dr Wagon97-00, w/6G74 V6 SOHC engine). for Pajero NL 3.5 MPFI Petrol (SWB 3Dr Wagon97-00, w/6G74 V6 SOHC engine). MITSUBISHI models. IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

Slightly more expensive option (dayco)

Comment

• motorazr
        • Aug 2018
        • Adelaide

Thanks for the replies, i did find a post which referred this replacement as being ok. Anyone had experience with it?
        Attached Files

Comment

• TomW
          • Mar 2017
          • Melbourne

It’s probably fine, I expect most of the cheaper aftermarket ones would be very similar in terms of performance / durability. Only thing I would say is get one from Australia rather than the states, even if it does cost a bit more just to avoid any hassle if it doesn’t work or needs to be returned for whatever reason.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X