• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JulianHiggs
    • Mar 2009
    • Healesville

ARB Old Man Emu Suspension

Having purchased a Sport I've been looking at suspension upgrade options including keeping in touch with our local ARB branch in town (Healesville). ARB did not have a kit to suit the Sport but as of now they do. Not officially released yet but they have done the testing and engineering and it can be purchased if you so desire. The usual range of spring ratings depending upon your setup, loads and use. I had their stuff on our NS Pajero and was very happy with it and will probably go with them for the PS. It sure needs something. I would not be doing any serious towing or touring with the factory suspension.
    Julian (Grey Nomads rule!)

2017 QE GLX Sport, Bridgestone 697's 265/60R18LT, North Coast Topender XL off road caravan, roof rack mounted solar system, Clearview mirrors, Old Man Emu suspension, Rhino roof platform
  • Fisheagle
    • Aug 2012
    • South Africa

Originally posted by JulianHiggs View Post
    Having purchased a Sport I've been looking at suspension upgrade options including keeping in touch with our local ARB branch in town (Healesville). ARB did not have a kit to suit the Sport but as of now they do. Not officially released yet but they have done the testing and engineering and it can be purchased if you so desire. The usual range of spring ratings depending upon your setup, loads and use. I had their stuff on our NS Pajero and was very happy with it and will probably go with them for the PS. It sure needs something. I would not be doing any serious towing or touring with the factory suspension.
    Hi, I am deciding what to do regarding the suspension on my 2018QE. I want to install OME. Have you done the install. Did you install Performance or Load Bearing ?

Comment

• DID Dash
      • Aug 2016
      • Australia

Any idea if the ARB rear springs are progressive or linear type?
      17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by DID Dash View Post
        Any idea if the ARB rear springs are progressive or linear type?
        Rear coils for the PS are the same as the Challenger and ARB OME coils are made by King Springs in Australia to OME specifications. I will need to check my files tomorrow but I seem to recall that all OME rear coils are progressive rate.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• DID Dash
          • Aug 2016
          • Australia

Hi OJ, only asked out of interest as I have had a good run with Kings on the Challenger and OME on Gen 2 and Gen 3 Pajero's. Didn't know Kings made the OME's.
          17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• old Jack
            Regular
            • Jun 2011

Checked my files and all OME rear coils for the Challenger are progressive rate.
            OME shockers used to be made by Tenico/Monroe, I have not heard or read any different.

OJ.
            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• GeorgeJ
              • Nov 2017
              • Mandurah

OME Suspension question

I'm also looking at OME shocks & springs. Has anyone actually fitted OME shocks & springs to front & rear suspension, and would do you recommend the new ARB setup.

Comment

• old Jack
                Regular
                • Jun 2011

Rather than pay the ARB tax, just fit a Kings/OzTec combination.

OJ.

Comment

• ron2503
                  • Dec 2017
                  • Alex Hills

Or Outback Armour
                  2017 PS. OE Bullbar & Towbar. Uniden 7740NB UHF in Console. Roadvision 7" LED's, Custom Offroad SS bash plates, Outback Armour 2"lift; Outback Accessories 107L LRT, Towpro Elite, Masten 6 wheel TPMS.
                  Towing '99 Jayco 16' StarCraft poptop.
                  Traded 1997 Terrano II. OME with Kings Springs. ECB Bullbar

Comment

• old Jack
                    Regular
                    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by ron2503 View Post
                    Or Outback Armour
                    Outback are only quoting a 35mm rear lift with a mere 100kg of extra load, and this is their heaviest "expedition" rear coil. My Lovells CRR 69-EHDVR give a 40mmm lift with 250kg of extra fixed load and will carry another 500kg whilst only losing 40mm of ride height.

OJ.
                    Last edited by old Jack; 05-10-19, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X