• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 02-SR5
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2010
    • Toowoomba

Instead of the awning out the back, can you turn your tent around so it opens towards the rear?
    MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• TC.Barky
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2011
      • Melbourne

Originally posted by 02-SR5 View Post
      Instead of the awning out the back, can you turn your tent around so it opens towards the rear?
      I can, I prefer it off the side though
      MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
      Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• Corker
        • Aug 2014
        • Victoria

Awesome, that tent set up is fantastic!

I can feel some G.A.S coming on.
        Sliver 2014 Pajero Exceed NW: ARB Deluxe Bar, Hayman Reese tow bar, EFS Elite Shocks 40mm Lift HD Springs, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Bash plates, MM Steel Rims, Dueller 697 A/T, ICOM IC-440N UHF, RFI CDQ 8000, Sandgrabba mats, Drifta Draws, MSA drop down slide/Cargo barrier, Quattro Elite 55W HID, MaxTrax, Ironman 12,000 lb Winch, Prodidgy P3 Controller, Redarc Manager 30, Dual battery

Comment

• grhyso
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2012
          • Perth

Can I ask why you have the awning on the drivers side? Personally I put mine on the passengers so I don't have to walk around the open rear door whilst I'm camped but thought you must have a reason to do differently?
          2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• TC.Barky
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2011
            • Melbourne

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
            Can I ask why you have the awning on the drivers side? Personally I put mine on the passengers so I don't have to walk around the open rear door whilst I'm camped but thought you must have a reason to do differently?
            Because of the roof top. I'd have it the other way round without it. Privacy when camped roadside
            Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• allanmac
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007
              • Eastern Suburbs Vic

Looking good TC.... Enjoy the weekend at Paradise Valley; is a great spot on the river, maybe a little expensive but again, good spot.
              NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2011
                • Melbourne

Originally posted by allanmac View Post
                Looking good TC.... Enjoy the weekend at Paradise Valley; is a great spot on the river, maybe a little expensive but again, good spot.
                We really love it as far as paid sites go. Need 2wd access and this is where we go when that's the case.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                  Valued Member
                  • Oct 2011
                  • Melbourne

Small update to make, had my CTEK D250S (DC-DC charger) moved this week. It was originally mounted underneath the starter battery in the engine bay (which is in the aux tray spot). I had mixed feelings about this initially but figured it'd be alright.

Next day I was flipping through the manual and noticed it was IP65 (splashproof but can't be submerged) and would wind the charge back at 50 deg. So I rang around a few places to get a few different opinions (describing that I do big river crossings, it's a turbo diesel etc etc) and was advised to not put it in the engine bay at all, definitely not where it is now as it would be possibly submerged and there would not be adequate ventilation to keep it cool.

Rang the installer, they were very good about it and booked me in to move it wherever I wanted. We looked at it for a bit with a display unit seeing where we could squeeze it. Basically nothing suitable for what I wanted in the engine bay and I had a few suggestions for possible spots inside.

Bit limited with where you can put it inside the car, it's ENORMOUS! No joy in the passenger footwell behind the glovebox. Best options are either next to the steering column drivers side or in behind the radio.

Ended up putting it in behind the radio. Very pleased with it back there. Suprisingly easy to access and can see all the lights and everything just by pulling off one panel. The installers did a great job (doesn't rattle or foul anything) and they did it all for no charge (woo!) even after I insisted I pay them some money as they changed to a bigger cable to allow for the extra distance etc.

Comment

• sparks2285
                    • Apr 2014
                    • Newcastle, NSW

Hi mate, any reason you went with the CTEK over a red arc ?
                    2012 NW Platinum Pearl White DiD Auto
                    GME TX3500 UHF, RHINO roof racks and rhino platform, Kings awning, black canvas seat covers, tekonsha voyager brake controller, DVD headrests, 50 x 50 tow package, spare wheel lifter, MMA nudge bar, 55w HID spotties, couplertec rust protection, Dual batteries, Engel 40L, LED lighting upgrade, 2inch lift (300kg on the tow ball), Air bags in the rear.

In Tow when on holidays....
                    2018 Jayco 19.61-3 Journey Outback using Eaz-Lift weight distribution hitch.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                      Valued Member
                      • Oct 2011
                      • Melbourne

Originally posted by sparks2285 View Post
                      Hi mate, any reason you went with the CTEK over a red arc ?
                      Mostly cost. Apparently they take less fiddling around with to get working as well, something about having to change some settings if you change the battery type (no idea if that's true or not).

Comment

• sparks2285
                        • Apr 2014
                        • Newcastle, NSW

So pretty much a plug and play job with the CTEK but a uni corse for the redarc ?
                        2012 NW Platinum Pearl White DiD Auto
                        GME TX3500 UHF, RHINO roof racks and rhino platform, Kings awning, black canvas seat covers, tekonsha voyager brake controller, DVD headrests, 50 x 50 tow package, spare wheel lifter, MMA nudge bar, 55w HID spotties, couplertec rust protection, Dual batteries, Engel 40L, LED lighting upgrade, 2inch lift (300kg on the tow ball), Air bags in the rear.

In Tow when on holidays....
                        2018 Jayco 19.61-3 Journey Outback using Eaz-Lift weight distribution hitch.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                          Valued Member
                          • Oct 2011
                          • Melbourne

Originally posted by sparks2285 View Post
                          So pretty much a plug and play job with the CTEK but a uni corse for the redarc ?
                          Tbh that's only what I was told. You'd have to check with people who have it. Doubt its particularly complicated, more that you've gotta remember

Comment

• rotor138
                            • Oct 2013
                            • Adelaide

The redarc you push a (1) button to select battery type. It has 3 leds with the type labled next to them. Hardly difficult but all do the same job.

Comment

• Nik
                              Valued Member
                              • Sep 2010
                              • Perth

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
                              Because of the roof top. I'd have it the other way round without it. Privacy when camped roadside
                              Couldn't you just park the car facing the other way when camped at roadside?

Good location for the CTEK. I've got one of those in mine. It's mounted in the engine bay and it's not a good place for it. It's fine when I'm not towing but it gets too hot in the engine bay when I'm towing and it stops working so the aux doesn't get any charge.
                              2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID Auto, Lovells HD springs, Bilstein shocks, Firestone Airbags, ARB bar, Warn XD 9000 winch, IPF 900 Xtreme Sport lights, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, Outback Accessories rock sliders, GME 3200 UHF, CTEK Dc to Dc Dual Battery system, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2 tyres, Torque Converter lock-up kit, Safari snorkel, Taipan high performance exhaust, LRA 66lt long range fuel tank.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                                Valued Member
                                • Oct 2011
                                • Melbourne

Originally posted by Nik View Post
                                Couldn't you just park the car facing the other way when camped at roadside?

Good location for the CTEK. I've got one of those in mine. It's mounted in the engine bay and it's not a good place for it. It's fine when I'm not towing but it gets too hot in the engine bay when I'm towing and it stops working so the aux doesn't get any charge.
                                Certainly could, this is just the way I've always run it I spose

Yeah I'm glad I got it moved. Very pleased with where it is now. Do you run the extra little relay in yours to compensate for the voltage cutout? They told me I shouldn't need it but I'm not convinced. Book says it cuts out at 12.5V and I think the alt charge goes down to 12.2. Waiting to get a good dual bat monitor before I go out and fit the relay up though.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X