• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GOSSAMER
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • doncaster east vic

Just tried to book mine in, they told me they are booked out for recalls until next year (i call bullshit) so they said it would be done next service. By doing this it pretty well guarantees i have to have it serviced at the dealers.
    Back from the Dark side
    NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• bennyb29
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2015
      • Brisbane

I got the recall notice too. Not too inclined to take time off work to go and get this done. Will hold off for some time. Maybe there will be another recall soon enough to club with.
      Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• spot01
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by GOSSAMER View Post
        Just tried to book mine in, they told me they are booked out for recalls until next year (i call bullshit) so they said it would be done next service. By doing this it pretty well guarantees i have to have it serviced at the dealers.
        I agree BS - I suspect your dealer just wants to spread them out & focus on high profit work. With so many cars needing a safety recall, they should put on an extra person or two just to do them, but I doubt they get much money for the recall work.
        I'd ring a few other dealers.
        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• mortdad
          • Feb 2011
          • Kanahooka (Wollongong) NSW

Originally posted by GOSSAMER View Post
          I got the same response from my local dealer at Albion Park Rail. They told me they were booked out for recalls until late January 2017.

Rang a dealer in Southern Sydney and booked in for next Wednesday.

Guess which dealer I won't be going back to?
          [2010 GLX Activ Manual Pajero] Bullbar, Winch, Driving Lights, Drawer System, Fridge Slide, Cooper AT3 Tyres, Dual Battery System, 85 A/H Gel Cell Auxiliary Battery, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Heavy Duty Coil Springs, Polyair Suspension Lift Bags, UHF Radio, HF Radio, 85 ltr Auxiliary Fuel Tank, 4wd Snorkel, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller, Cargo Barrier, 3000kg Towbar, Heat Exchanger Shower System, iPod connection to MMCS, 75ltr Water Tank in rear seat well.Front ARB Diff Locker

Comment

• mortdad
            • Feb 2011
            • Kanahooka (Wollongong) NSW

Originally posted by Gus View Post
            Mitsubishi Motors Australia Limited—various Mitsubishi models: PB & PC Challenger; GA & GB i-MiEV; CJ Lancer Sedan & Sportback; ZG & ZH Outlander; NS, NT, NW & NX Pajero; ML & MN Triton

HERE

Note this thread is for NT Only & please keep to subject any threads opened will be closed.
            Mechanics
            Admin.
            Hmmmmm. My local dealer couldn't fit me in til January 2017 so booked into Tynans at Kirrawee. They have extremely clever mechanics there. They managed to complete the job without removing any dust which had accumulated during a very dusty 4WD Camp last week. I hadn't got around to cleaning the car, either inside or out so it is dirty outside and a layer of dust inside.
            [2010 GLX Activ Manual Pajero] Bullbar, Winch, Driving Lights, Drawer System, Fridge Slide, Cooper AT3 Tyres, Dual Battery System, 85 A/H Gel Cell Auxiliary Battery, Bilstein Struts & Shocks, Heavy Duty Coil Springs, Polyair Suspension Lift Bags, UHF Radio, HF Radio, 85 ltr Auxiliary Fuel Tank, 4wd Snorkel, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller, Cargo Barrier, 3000kg Towbar, Heat Exchanger Shower System, iPod connection to MMCS, 75ltr Water Tank in rear seat well.Front ARB Diff Locker

Comment

• GOSSAMER
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2008
              • doncaster east vic

Originally posted by mortdad View Post
              Hmmmmm. My local dealer couldn't fit me in til January 2017 so booked into Tynans at Kirrawee. They have extremely clever mechanics there. They managed to complete the job without removing any dust which had accumulated during a very dusty 4WD Camp last week. I hadn't got around to cleaning the car, either inside or out so it is dirty outside and a layer of dust inside.
              My local Mitsu mechanics must have trained at the same place their ninja skills enabled them to do the work without disturbing any dust around the steering column ????
              Back from the Dark side
              NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• hamish1970
                • Sep 2014
                • Leichhardt, Sydney

I have been attempting to get my car booked for recall in since receiving notice in August, on the north side of Sydney, dealership is booked until end of Jan 2017 last phone call. Reasoning is that they only have certain available spots for recall work, two a week?? Make moe space for standard servicing etc which makes money it seems. Sent a message to MM Facebook and received a response from a nameless individual requesting a private message with VIN details etc. Asked for a name to message so I didn't want to hand out information just because, never heard from them again.

Not sure why I should have to jump through hoops to get the car rectified, "just go somewhere else" is the simple answer from the local dealer, but all are the same. Costs time and money and MM should take care of this and either A. Have a mobile service, or B. Simply make space at the nearest dealership as required.

Next recall letter is suggesting airbags are faulty, but don't worry for the moment and we'll tell when to. We'll get to it when we can....seriously!

Comment

• hamish1970
                  • Sep 2014
                  • Leichhardt, Sydney

Received a letter reminding me to get my car fixed for the electrical recall, becoming a hinderance now. Just let me get it fixed with logistical convenience and I'd be happy. If MMAL allowed local mechanics fix and be paid it could alleviate the issues.

Comment

• NTChariot
                    • May 2015
                    • Canberra

Had the airbag recall done on my chariot the other day. Dropped the car off at 7:30am and was back home by 9am.
                    However, since the job was done, I've had regular issues with the DSC activating for no reason. Sometimes the light on the dash just flashes, and other times DSC intervention was quite severe, where I ended up pulling over to restart the vehicle.
                    So back to Mitsubishi dealer this morning at 7:30am with a "Please fix this, it's been happening since the airbag recall was done!"
                    The chariot was taken into the workshop and the keys were handed back to me about an hour later. No charge for the fix, but the invoice had the following fault codes which were cleared and/or rectified........
                    37 - AT fail
                    66 - St sensor self calibrate
                    65 - G Sensor
                    75 - Transfer line
                    71 - YAW sensor self
                    Anyone else had issues like this?

Comment

• spot01
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2011
                      • Adelaide

Originally posted by NTChariot View Post
                      Had the airbag recall done on my chariot the other day. Dropped the car off at 7:30am and was back home by 9am.
                      However, since the job was done, I've had regular issues with the DSC activating for no reason. Sometimes the light on the dash just flashes, and other times DSC intervention was quite severe, where I ended up pulling over to restart the vehicle.
                      So back to Mitsubishi dealer this morning at 7:30am with a "Please fix this, it's been happening since the airbag recall was done!"
                      The chariot was taken into the workshop and the keys were handed back to me about an hour later. No charge for the fix, but the invoice had the following fault codes which were cleared and/or rectified........
                      37 - AT fail
                      66 - St sensor self calibrate
                      65 - G Sensor
                      75 - Transfer line
                      71 - YAW sensor self
                      Anyone else had issues like this?
                      I believe they have to disconnect the battery for this job & although that shouldn't cause any issues it does result in the ASC light being on for the first few hundred metres until it sorts itself out. It has been mentioned that the front wheels should be pointing straight ahead when reconnecting the battery, so perhaps they just tripped over their shoelaces a bit?

Mine goes in this morning for this job (under 1 hour, I'm told), so hopefully it goes well.....
                      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• PradoEater
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2012
                        • Oatley

Most likely they forgot to put some plug back , few weeks I got both recalls done no issues, although I have slightly scratched indicator switch this was me being smart thinking they supposed to get the whole switch replaced don't know were I got that idea
                        NT 2011 DiD 30th Anniversary Edition, factory RD Lock, Toyo RT 33”, PWR interCooler, PWR radiator, MRT EcuTek tune, OL Steel Loop Bar, VRS 9500, ARB Awning, Kings rear awning, Full bushkinz, HD lovells + Koni RAIDS, front & back nolathane, EGR Block, 52'' LED bar, Scan Gauge 2, Projecta 150A, Optima + Fullriver, ProVent 200, Airtec Snorkel, Beaudesert Exhaust.
                        Towing 2015 New Age Manta Ray 19BC

Comment

• Scubapro
                          • Apr 2011
                          • Greystanes

Hi Guys
                          Just to let everyone know that I just had my Paj air bag and switches done yesterday.
                          When I was picking it up I was told the passenger side will need to be done as well.
                          They said they would let me know when the parts arrived.
                          I just got a message they are in.
                          So I will be booking in again.

Comment

• roboz
                            • Aug 2007
                            • Secret Harbour, WA

The driver’s airbag on our NT was replaced about 6 weeks ago after I received notice from MMA that the part was available at our local dealer.

The passenger’s bag was replaced today, following a speculative email from me on Tuesday as to when I might expect the passenger’s bag to be done. Although I’ve heard nothing from MMA, the local dealer replied within the hour saying they had the part and I should book in for the job to be done.

Moral: Don't wait to hear from MMA - keep in touch with your local dealer.
                            Rob

2011 RX, Redarc Smartstart, dual batteries, Tow-Pro Elite, Garmin Nuvi 3590, Safety Dave caravan rear camera, HID high beam upgrade, Viofo A119 dashcam. Icom IC-450 UHF. Firestone HD Airbags. Tows a 2015 Jurgens Sungazer.

Previously, 2005 NP DiD Platinum, similar mods/additions, towed a 20' Paramount semi offroad caravan or Pioneer Longreach camper trailer.

Some pics: https://flic.kr/s/aHsm3stBBS
                            Dashcam Viewer example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gIrjZTVdqM

Comment

• NTChariot
                              • May 2015
                              • Canberra

Front Pax airbag

This week I received a new recall notification. Now it's the front passenger bag. Booked in on 7th Sept. Faults resulting from the drivers airbag have been rectified and cleared.

Comment

• Alyosius
                                • Nov 2016
                                • NSW

Originally posted by NTChariot View Post
                                This week I received a new recall notification. Now it's the front passenger bag. Booked in on 7th Sept. Faults resulting from the drivers airbag have been rectified and cleared.
                                We only had ours in for the drivers airbag week before last. Got home on Monday to find the passenger recall in the mail....so frustrating, why couldn't you just do it at the same time....
                                2010 GLX NT
                                Installed: Carjoying Headunit, Hayman Reese electric brake controllers, awning, dual battery, Bushskinz guards
                                Awaiting installation: Rear camera, USB power outlets
                                Planned:

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X