• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theantnest
    • Jun 2017
    • Aussie expat in Spain

Jack Stand Points

I've got some clunking in the suspension and need to get the Paj off the ground to check it out.

Where is the best place to jack it up/ put the stands?

Tried searching but didn't find anything. The manual tells you to jack it up under the suspension, which is no good for what I need to do.

I have a trolley jack and 2 stands.
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

When you say a clunking noise, are you sure you need to jack it up. I had a loud clunk which seemed to be coming from the left rear when tapping the accelerator. Turned out to be the nut on the axle which needed tightening. No jacking required for that.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• theantnest
      • Jun 2017
      • Aussie expat in Spain

Could be that, but if I'm going to check it out, it's much better to get the suspension in the air to check everything properly, no?

Comment

• spot01
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Adelaide

Which model Paj do you have?
        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• theantnest
          • Jun 2017
          • Aussie expat in Spain

2009 3.8L Petrol LWB

Comment

• Ian H
            Valued Member
            • May 2015
            • Melbourne

Originally posted by theantnest View Post
            Could be that, but if I'm going to check it out, it's much better to get the suspension in the air to check everything properly, no?
            The way we did it at the workshop was to have the car in drive at idle, press the brake pedal to hold the car in place and tap and release the accelerator to make the car rock forward an back while someone was standing beside the rear wheels. If it's a loose axle noise, you'll hear the clunk.
            2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• theantnest
              • Jun 2017
              • Aussie expat in Spain

It isn't a loos axel nut.

I think it's the bushes, hence needing to jack the car off the suspension.

Comment

• NFT5
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2011
                • Canberra

There are a few lifting points under the car but you're going to need a full sized trolley jack and some serious stands to get it up high enough for the tyres to clear the ground. Recommended lifting points are under each sill, marked with two notches.
                Chris

Comment

• theantnest
                  • Jun 2017
                  • Aussie expat in Spain

Thanks mate

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X