• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snoman
    • Jul 2018
    • Melbourne

Assistance sourcing Milford Cargo Barrier strap kit

I have picked up a second hand Millford cargo barrier 2006+ non sun roof for my 2007 NS. I called many MMA dealers and they told me i need to get the MR935895 strap kit, however MMA no longer stocks this product. I have tried several Millford stockists in melbourne and they have said that i can only get the strap kit with a complete cargo barrier purchase.

Can anyone suggest where i can get my hands on a strap kit as per the attached?

I was thinking about adapting an autosafe strap kit, anyone tried this?

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks
  • craka
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Newcastle (Newie)

How about from here
    Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for MITSUBISHI NW PAJERO GL REAR "FRONT POSITION" CARGO BARRIER STRAP KIT 2011 2012 at the best online prices at eBay!
    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
      Valued Member
      • May 2017
      • Sydney

I think u may have the wrong part number mate. I’ll try to find it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
        Valued Member
        • May 2017
        • Sydney

Assistance sourcing Milford Cargo Barrier strap kit

Hang on are you after the full fitting kit including all bolts etc or just the straps? That strap kit you’ve mentioned (and the part number) is the front strap kit for if you want it behind the front seats.. is that where you wanna install it?

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
          Valued Member
          • May 2017
          • Sydney

MR 935384 quoted at my MMA dealer for $80.97

That’s for usual fitting kit for behind middle row seats. Sorry if you’re after just straps.

The dealer couldn’t find the right fitting kit for me, I found it on another thread on the forum. Then I called back and he found it. It’s got a very weird name in their parts catalogue which makes it hard for them to search it out.

Comment

• Snoman
            • Jul 2018
            • Melbourne

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
            MR 935384 quoted at my MMA dealer for $80.97

That’s for usual fitting kit for behind middle row seats. Sorry if you’re after just straps.

The dealer couldn’t find the right fitting kit for me, I found it on another thread on the forum. Then I called back and he found it. It’s got a very weird name in their parts catalogue which makes it hard for them to search it out.

Thanks HP. I got a photo today from a dealer of the 935895 part and as you mentioned it is the strap kit for the forward position only. This is the same kit that Craka mentioned. Did the dealer happen to mention that the 935384 parts were in stock anywhere in Melbourne . Thanks

Comment

• Snoman
              • Jul 2018
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by craka View Post
              Thanks Craka, but this kit is for the forward position only which I cannot do due to the airbags. HP has given me an alternative part hat I will follow up. Cheers

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                Valued Member
                • May 2017
                • Sydney

Originally posted by Snoman View Post
                Thanks HP. I got a photo today from a dealer of the 935895 part and as you mentioned it is the strap kit for the forward position only. This is the same kit that Craka mentioned. Did the dealer happen to mention that the 935384 parts were in stock anywhere in Melbourne . Thanks

Sorry mate they didn’t, I’m up in Sydney. Good luck!

Comment

• Snoman
                  • Jul 2018
                  • Melbourne

Sorry mate they didn’t, I’m up in Sydney. Good luck!

HP, checked out the MR935384 with my local MMA dealer and they say that part was the Perspex window kit for the barrier. So decided to give up on finding a fitting kit and give it a go myself using 3mm steel plate and high tensile bolts. So far so I good, will post photos when done. Cheers

Comment

• Snoman
                    • Jul 2018
                    • Melbourne

Well got the install completed, modified heavy gauge structural plates from Bunnings and it came together really well. Cut the rectangular plate and painted it to give the professional look. Flipped around the bent straps off the Milford rack so the it aligned perfectly with the mounting plates. Used high tension bolts all round, 5/16 x3/4UNC coarse bolts for the child restraint fixing point and the M5 fine metric for the grip handles.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• gopher
                      • Oct 2012
                      • Aberfoyle Park

That looks awesome, the fitting kit is now obsolete and not available anywhere ,unless you buy a new barrier lol.

Comment

• koshari
                        • Oct 2018
                        • gippsland

Great work snowy. Gives me some good references to make some anchors for a dog net.
                        Last edited by koshari; 06-11-18, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2017
                          • Sydney

Originally posted by gopher View Post
                          That looks awesome, the fitting kit is now obsolete and not available anywhere ,unless you buy a new barrier lol.
                          How come they gave me a fitting kit quote only 2-3 weeks ago?

Comment

• gemster
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • Gold Coast

Once you modify Any part of a purpose fitting 'Cargo Barrier' it becomes Illegal... But if ever you are questioned about the Modification, You Call it a 'Pet Barrier'....
                            I made one out of an old barrier and fitted it to my Forerunner... Got Questioned about it and replied that is a Pet Barrier, not a Cargo Barrier... No rules apply to pet barriers.....
                            Gemster...
                            YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
                            And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
                            ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• NomadTales
                              • Feb 2018
                              • Maitland

How come they gave me a fitting kit quote only 2-3 weeks ago?
                              Where did you get one? I am trying to track down one myself. Rang Mitsubishi, ARB, Hayman Reese and a local parts place and none of them will sell the fitting kit without the Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X