• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bugeye50
    • Oct 2013
    • Douglas Park NSW 2569

Nt mmcs unit

Hi guys, looking for some help.
    I have a 2009 NT Pajero and the navigation system decided not to work this morning. Everything else works, radio, cd, dvd, hands free etc. Just can't get the maps to come up.
    I have the original map disc, dated 2007 and also what appears to be a burned copy of a 2012 disc.
    The latter is what it's been working on up until this morning.
    Played around with it all day, with no success.
    Now I've got myself in a real pickle, I pressed what looks to be the reset button (little inverted button on bottom front right of the unit) and it now tells me to insert the map disc. Problem is, that and also a cd are in the machine already. I don't seem to be able to eject either now.
    Would perhaps disconnecting the battery reset the unit.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • craka
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2009
    • Newcastle (Newie)

Not sure if this will work, but found old post with similar issue,

NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• bugeye50
      • Oct 2013
      • Douglas Park NSW 2569

Thanks greatly Craka, pressing the top right hand side of the screen ejected the map dvd.
      I just need to eject the dvd from the top slot now.
      Any ideas anyone.
      Thanks once again.

Comment

• stevemc181
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • Thornlie/Perth

Have you tried inserting the original map DVD and not the burned copy. Sometimes the system won't boot up when the copy is in, once it's all booted up you can swap the discs out again.
        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
        3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• dhula
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • South of Perth

No need to eject the music CD/DVD (the top one)
          Once the map DVD has been ejected, put your original one in and the unit will do what it needs to do.
          it will take a bit of time for it to realise something needs to happen but just wait a bit and it will (should) happen.
          After about 1-2 mins the unit should come up with a "system loading, do not switch off power" type of message and a scrolling bar showing progress.

Once all done it will revert to standard settings and everything should work.
          2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
          2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• bugeye50
            • Oct 2013
            • Douglas Park NSW 2569

Thanks stevemc181, yeah I tried that.
            That's how it got stuck in there in the first place. I pressed what I think is the reset button and it says to load the map dvd, so I put the original map dvd in the bottom slot and it did nothing.
            Thank goodness it came out when I pressed the top right hand corner of the screen, as suggested.
            Unfortunately, the burned copy is stuck in the top slot and won't eject.
            I was trying anything and everything yesterday to get it working, but obviously buggered things up.
            Par for the course this weekend however, with all things electrical. Put a sensor light up, doesn't work, nearly burnt the bloody caravan when the exhaust fan switch decided to short out. ( not my fault). Probably would have burnt if the fuse hadn't blown. Took ages to find the cause.
            And now the Pajero.
            We're supposed to be going away in the van on Tuesday but not sure whether just to stay home, the way things are going.

Comment

• Greg Grey Grumbly
              • Aug 2012
              • Brisbane, Southside

I've had the same issue, the MMCS will not boot with the after market disc.

Touching top RHS of the screen gets you in, once all clear insert the Original disc in the lower Map slot and it will boot up. Once its all happy again, you can re-insert the updated after market map disc in the correct lower slot..

Not sure why your newer map disc is in the top slot, presumably utter frustration and trying anything, I'm recalling using a straightened paper clip fiddling around in the top slot to get it ejected but not sure.
              Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
              Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186

Comment

• bugeye50
                • Oct 2013
                • Douglas Park NSW 2569

Thanks guys for all the suggestions.
                Will go and try loading up once more.
                Yes, it did end up in the top slot through sheer frustration.
                Will keep you posted.

Comment

• bugeye50
                  • Oct 2013
                  • Douglas Park NSW 2569

Well I tried leaving it 15 minutes and then reset and left it for another 5 minutes, still no success.
                  I wonder if whereis is similar to microsoft where you're only allowed so many downloads.
                  Anyone know?
                  Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Comment

• amsweeting
                    • May 2015
                    • Perth

Hi,

When I had a problem with my "burned" map disc, i disconnected the battery and this reset the system. Then reloaded and was ok
                    Black 2010 MY11 NT EXCEED - SPV EGR module, LED interior lights, more to come....

Comment

• bugeye50
                      • Oct 2013
                      • Douglas Park NSW 2569

Thanks amsweeting, tried disconnecting the battery again and then inserting map disc, but nothing happened after 10 minutes of waiting.
                      Unfortunately, the burned copy of the 2012 maps is stuck in the upper dvd slot, and I wonder if that may be confusing the unit.
                      There doesn't appear to be any way that I can get it out of the top slot until the unit is working.
                      Back to square one.
                      I rang our local mitsubishi dealer and they want me to book it in, problem being I'm heading off tomorrow morning for 2 weeks in the van, so if I don't run into someone in my travels who knows how to get it going, then I'll have to take it in when I get back.
                      Thanks once again.
                      All suggestions are greatly appreciated.
                      Regards
                      Alan

Comment

• bugeye50
                        • Oct 2013
                        • Douglas Park NSW 2569

Following up on Craka's advice on pressing the top right hand corner of the screen to eject the bottom disk, after many frustrating hours of trying everything to get the top disk out, as a last resort I held the tilt button down as the screen lowered and lo and behold, out it came out. I've tried it several times since and that seems to be the way.
                        So, top right hand screen to eject the lower disk and hold tilt button in whilst the screen lowers, to eject top disk.
                        Just passing on for information to others who might end up in this position.
                        As far as reading either the original disk or the burnt later version, I've had no luck.
                        Even went to the dealer here whilst I'm in Cooma and although a couple of their technicians tried, they don't know why it's not reading the map disk either.
                        Have the radio and cd going, albeit no display, but no navigation or reverse camera. And probably no blue tooth either, although I haven't had the need to try this yet.
                        Thanks again for all the advice.

Comment

• Moya
                          • Apr 2015
                          • South west vic

Good on ya. I got the top cd out with tweezers and long nosed pliers!!! Your way would be a lot easier
                          PLUTO the NT Platinum - Bushskins - cargo barrier - dash mat - window tint

Comment

• bugeye50
                            • Oct 2013
                            • Douglas Park NSW 2569

Well guys, the saga of the MMCS continues. I'm away in the caravan at the moment and have called in to 2 Mitsi dealers so far. Both were very helpful, but still no success. The first, at Cooma, one of the technicians played around with it for about half an hour, but couldn't seem to re-set the unit. I called in to Bega Mitsi yesterday whilst I was there. It was right on lunch time and they were flat out, so they asked if I could come back later. Went back and they took the car into the work shop. 2 younger guys and an older technician, presumably the supervisor, worked on it for about an hour. Apparently they tried about 4 or 5 ways, that they knew of, to re-set the unit, without success.
                            Not having come across this problem before, they said that I'll probably need to get a new MMCS unit. Great, that's not going to be cheap by any means.
                            Anyone ever had to replace the MMCS unit or know how much they cost?
                            I couldn't complain about the service I received and they didn't even charge for the time they spent on the vehicle. Left them some cash and asked the young bloke to shout the others a drink after work.
                            Question is, where to now? See the auto electrician when I get home, order a new unit or go after market?
                            I can get along without a navigation system, but I really miss the reverse camera, hands free and not knowing what radio station I'm on.
                            It appears that you need to get the navigation system up and running before you can use the other features.
                            Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

• bennyb29
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2015
                              • Brisbane

Originally posted by bugeye50 View Post
                              Not having come across this problem before, they said that I'll probably need to get a new MMCS unit. Great, that's not going to be cheap by any means.
                              Anyone ever had to replace the MMCS unit or know how much they cost?
                              I couldn't complain about the service I received and they didn't even charge for the time they spent on the vehicle. Left them some cash and asked the young bloke to shout the others a drink after work.
                              Question is, where to now? See the auto electrician when I get home, order a new unit or go after market?
                              I can get along without a navigation system, but I really miss the reverse camera, hands free and not knowing what radio station I'm on.
                              It appears that you need to get the navigation system up and running before you can use the other features.
                              Any advice would be appreciated.
                              Most members here would concur that if you would need to change the MMCS unit, do look at aftermarket options. Quite a few threads here where members have installed aftermarket units with much better features and also used the existing camera setup.

Here's one i found from another forum:
                              This website is for sale! road.com.au is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, road.com.au has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
                              Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X