X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wrexed03
    • Jul 2007

Another fuel saving device +31% Up 35HP

Sorry fellas couldnt resist had to post it havent seen this one before.

I wonder if a holesaw will have the same effect

Regards
  • sinbad
    • Aug 2007
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by wrexed03 View Post
    Sorry fellas couldnt resist had to post it havent seen this one before.

I wonder if a holesaw will have the same effect

Regards
    You can always wear it on your head as a king chump crown

do people actually buy that stuff
    NP 03 Exceed. 3.5l petrol. Injected LPG. 2in lift, Poly air at rear, custom rear storage, 10 wheeels, 5 tyres looking for some new tyres,

Comment

• zacc
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007

i bought one of them and they actualy realy work . i put it in the main thrusters of my uss enterprise and now i can get to warp 12 in no time and the nuclear fuel i save is a bonus , i should pay for it self in a quarter of a light year.

Comment

• dolphin
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008

not sure about this unit but this type of air flow enhancer has been around for years, remember the good old and fast GT - HO with the black bonnet shaker , the idea of this shaker was not just for looks but to enhance air flow to the carby / engine . this other type which was known as a helicoil vertually did the same thing for vehicles that had internal under bonnet air passages, so really when you think of something like this unit as long as it does spin free air freely and not block any air passages , it could work to some degree. anyway i,ll stick with my Prozone Fuel Conditioner for now as things are looking up going by the new magnetic water units for farmers, if its good for water it must be good for petrol.
        NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• zacc
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007

with this sort of item , yes it will spin the creating a vortex at wide open throttle, but at norman driving with the butterfly opening and closing would just disturb the vortex turning into non vortexing air. did you like that?

Comment

• Avanner
            • Jul 2007

You've all got it wrong....you wear it on your head...definitely right Sinbad

Comment

• Lambie
              • Jul 2007
              • Victoria, Gippsland near Sale

Bugger - you actually install these things somewhere under the bonnet???

Mines jambed under the accelerator pedal (thats what the instructions said ) - I have been more than pleased with the dramatic increase in fuel economy................

Oh yes the down sides,,, the paj will only pull 1000rpm with foot flat to the floor, max speed in 5th is now 33 km/hr - but I do get to see more of the country side, Towing the camper has been rulled out - cant pull the skin off a rice custard

Quite honestly though - I cant see why everyone isnt using one of these devices - it certainly cuts down fuel consumption when installed as I have - in fact its such a of a vehicle to drive I dont use any fuel at all.

NJ 1996 ITD GLX (poverty pack) with a couple of extras, ARB bar, dual batteries plus redarc, Glind shower, some roo spotties, running 235 85 R16 AT's for the road and MT's for the tracks, tweeked torsion bars, Free wheeling front hubs, Poly airs and prodegy electric brakes for the camper, GME radio thingy, Long range tank, cargo barrier, have I really spent all this on my bus??

Comment

• Stroker
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007
                • Glenorie NSW

Originally posted by zacc View Post
                i bought one of them and they actualy realy work . i put it in the main thrusters of my uss enterprise and now i can get to warp 12 in no time and the nuclear fuel i save is a bonus , i should pay for it self in a quarter of a light year.
                Zacc

At warp 12 it could actually pay for itself before you bought it.........

Glenn
                NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

• green monster
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • Adelaide

if any of this stuff worked im fairly sure the car companys would have been installing them years ago !!as for warp 12...

'Theres something in the fuel jim,,,,some,,,, thing'
                  'Im givin herr all shes got capn,,, a just dont huv the powerr'
                  ,,,would love to see ahoras thingies!!!
                  NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• zacc
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2007

you can not get to warp 12 wthout one of these things

Comment

• glsgls
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2007

you haave gott to be jokeing jim every pajero has one from factory

Comment

• csimic
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2012
                        • Maitland

fuel saving device

Hi had two installed in my NT 4M41 air intake and they cost heaps and did nothing at all for power or fuel economy just a con. At least the seller was friendly enough when I called him and cheerfully removed them and refunded me to total cost no problem. I agree if the factory could make such a simple thing to save fuel or make power they would be doing it no worries, there are a lot of rips offs out there, common sense prevails, though some people have no common sense lol
                        2010 Pajero VRX auto wagon, Cooper A/T 3's, 40mm lift, Lovells, Bilsteins, Polyair bags, Factory Nudge bar, driving lights, dual air cond, DVD player (rear) Hayman Reese Super Heavy Duty Tow bar, Bushskinz front/intercooler and engine sump, Polaris towing camera system, Clearview Mirrors, tows 2013 dual axle Jayco Outback Discovery Caravan. Redlec battery shutoff, Polaris HUD speedo. 400LMT Navman GPS. GME 88 channel UHF Radio. Bendix Stealth 4WD Disc Pads

Comment

• RUGGA
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2014
                          • Adelaide

Originally posted by csimic View Post
                          Hi had two installed in my NT 4M41 air intake and they cost heaps and did nothing at all for power or fuel economy just a con.

common sense prevails, though some people have no common sense lol

Wait, what?

The OPs link doesn't even show the original "thing".

What a thread revival
                          02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X