• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CharlieAubo
    • Apr 2018
    • Cairns

BOG OUT vehicle recovery gear

Originally posted by disco stu View Post
    Hi all. Just wondering if anyone has used the bog out style recovery cable harness thingies? Seems to be a few different versions around of the same thing

BOG OUT is an australian-made 4x4 vehicle recovery system.  Lightweight, compact & reliable, working on all vehicles forwards and reverse.

Just wondering how these would compare to a winch? I'm guessing a winch would give you more options, but the bog out would be at least a bit lighter to carry around, and cheaper than most winches. Just not sure how it work when on your own etc

Keen to hear any opinions

Cheers, Stu
    Hi there Stu - the BOG OUT was designed for single vehicle one driver recovery. Each unit weighs just over 1 kg - a single can work for lightly bogged vehicles but usually you need a twin which then gives a very powerful twin diff locked winch. There are test videos from 4WD Clubs - here is one which shows other equipment fails and an easy recovery when BOG OUT is finally used. https://www.facebook.com/BogOut/videos/367876243842475/ . We are the manufactures and happy to work with this club if you want to test out our gear. Please contact us via our LiveChat on the website www.bogout.com. Regards Charlie

Comment

• CharlieAubo
      • Apr 2018
      • Cairns

Hi there Stu - easy to remove BOG OUT after recovery. First untie your anchor point, then you can EITHER continue moving in the same direction until safe to remove. OR, pull to the side, drive over, loop off and repeat. See this video - https://youtu.be/AOyHNJQ4hbU

Comment

• CharlieAubo
        • Apr 2018
        • Cairns

Originally posted by ron.dunn View Post
        I've been wondering the same thing, waiting for someone to post experiences of using them.

I think they'd be great for a bog or sand scenario, but there's a couple of cases where a winch would be better:

* Up-hill / down-hill slipping (you'd need to somehow wind it on to the wheels first)

* Pulling vehicle back onto track (vehicle slides off track, or at risk of sliding, winch pulls sideways to bring it back)
        Hey there Ron - all equipment has its particular advantages. You might be interested in some of the custome recovery videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIr...SdE6R4A/videos We are the manufacturer and invite 4WD clubs for testing . How do we invite this club? Thanks

Comment

• Pajaru
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2013
          • Perth

In fact, the 4WD Club of WA liked our system so much they resold it at the 2019 Perth 4WD Show
          Todays date is 3.11.2019

The 2019 Perth 4WD Show starts in just under a weeks time on the 8.11.2019

The above quote is misleading and makes one wonder why.
          Building Now: MY20 GLX Pajero.

Retired: MY14 GLX-R Pajero
          To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel

Comment

• CharlieAubo
            • Apr 2018
            • Cairns

Originally posted by Pajaru View Post
            Todays date is 3.11.2019

The 2019 Perth 4WD Show starts in just under a weeks time on the 8.11.2019

The above quote is misleading and makes one wonder why.
            Hi there - apologies for my incorrect verb tense, its now 11th November and the show has just finished. We are sincerely grateful to the 4WD Club of WA for their support in reselling our product.

Sorry, we're quite new to this forum and hoping that Admin will be interested in independent trial and testing. We appreciate the opportunity to answer any questions. This is not just a new product but a different recovery technique.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Merts
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2011
              • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by CharlieAubo View Post
              Hi there Stu - easy to remove BOG OUT after recovery. First untie your anchor point, then you can EITHER continue moving in the same direction until safe to remove. OR, pull to the side, drive over, loop off and repeat. See this video - https://youtu.be/AOyHNJQ4hbU
              So, the answer to the question about how you remove them if you are on a long steep slope and require consecutive recovery runs is, you can't.
              Merts
              Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
              Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• erad
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2015
                • Cooma NSW

One problem I see with the Bog-Out is that you need a diff lock. If you put the Bog-Out on one front wheel, the open diff will allow the other front wheel to spin and you won't get anywhere. Another problem I see is clearance between the wheel rim and the brake caliper - there isn't much room to add anchors for the Bog-Out. But the Bog-Out is very simple I like the idea.

Comment

• CharlieAubo
                  • Apr 2018
                  • Cairns

Hi there Merts - sadly in the 4wd world there is no single tool that will do every job. Probably the closest is a hand winch but these are heavy. We're not saying that BOG OUT will do everything but its pretty good, has been well tested in the Australian market for over 5 years now. It carries a 12 month warranty and we use our equipment repeatedly. We're not getting customers complain or sets returned because they have broken. We enjoy participating in this forum because it is a different technique and there are a lot of questions. Thanks

Comment

• CharlieAubo
                    • Apr 2018
                    • Cairns

Originally posted by erad View Post
                    One problem I see with the Bog-Out is that you need a diff lock. If you put the Bog-Out on one front wheel, the open diff will allow the other front wheel to spin and you won't get anywhere. Another problem I see is clearance between the wheel rim and the brake caliper - there isn't much room to add anchors for the Bog-Out. But the Bog-Out is very simple I like the idea.
                    Thank you for your comment - a single BOG OUT will work in lightly bogged situations but as you note, a twin provides a more reliable solution and we try to make this very clear. Customers with diff lockers can use just a single - see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYuxBf0I55w

Some wheels don't have much clearance and that is why we offer 2 different methods of attachment. (And the BOG OUT has 2 differents ends, one for each attachment style). Again, we urge customers to check their vehicle prior to going off road. The best place to check your car is in the back yard!

BOG OUT is a modular system. Each harness is 4.5m in length and extension rope can be joined. We suggest low stretch and offer 15m and 30m rope but any good winch rope will work. Thanks, we agree it is a simple system and thank you for your observations.

Comment

• Merts
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2011
                      • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by CharlieAubo View Post
                      Hi there Merts - sadly in the 4wd world there is no single tool that will do every job. Probably the closest is a hand winch but these are heavy. We're not saying that BOG OUT will do everything but its pretty good, has been well tested in the Australian market for over 5 years now. It carries a 12 month warranty and we use our equipment repeatedly. We're not getting customers complain or sets returned because they have broken. We enjoy participating in this forum because it is a different technique and there are a lot of questions. Thanks
                      The point I was making is that Stu asked a clear and quite specific question, which you danced around and didn't really answer. In a situation where you need to winch up a slope in in more than one go, a conventional winch will do the job whereas your device objectively will not.
                      Merts
                      Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                      Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X