• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pajaru
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2013
    • Perth

Hema 150k Update is it worth it.

Finally got the Hema 150k and maps upgrade done and have now been looking at the maps. This what I have noticed so far.

The numbers in brackets (1205) appear to be the year/month that the map was produced.

Australia: 150k. A new colour scheme, but not too bad, but not sure there is any benefit over the 250k. A lot of tracks around Norseman to Peak Charles to Lake King to Cave Hill are missing from the 150k. The 150k still shows the Dunns* Track (Peak Charles towards Ravensthorpe) is still shown although the track is realigned along "Cleared Lines" and the Track is no longer accessible.

Kimberley: Has two maps one in the new style (1406) with a map date of 2014 and one in the old style (1205) with a map date 2012.

Brisbane to Carins (1406) : 2014 Map Scale 1:1,500,000
    Cairns to Broome East (1405) :
    Cairns to Broome West (1405) :

Goldfields Esperance (0912): Does not appear to have changed

I will add more as I check them.

My thought on doing the update a this stage:

Hema HN7: Maybe only the 150k Map
    Hema HN6: Brought after 2012, Maybe only the 150k Map
    Hema HN6: Brought before 2012: 150k Map and 4wD Maps

My Hema HN6 was brought in 2013 and I am undecided if the 150k Map and 4wd Maps update at $75.00 is really worth it. Maybe the 150k Map only would have been better or maybe I just wasted $75.00.

Edit*: Typed Mundale when it should have been Dunns
    Last edited by Pajaru; 22-06-16, 07:27 PM.
    Building Now: MY20 GLX Pajero.

Retired: MY14 GLX-R Pajero
    To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

A mate purchased a HN7 with the 150 topo. Seemed to have more detail than the 250K I have in the south west. Namely camp sites and road names.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• grhyso
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2012
      • Perth

Looks like the latest version of Hema explorer on android and ios will have the explorer maps going by the video they put up on youtube today. Not bad for a $30 app!
      2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

I have the Hema 7 and all the maps (and more). I upgraded to the 1:150,000. The more detail the better. Another idea is joining ExplorOz, become a member and download the Treks to your computer and Navigator. Some great info on this site.
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• grhyso
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2012
          • Perth

If any wants to trial the hema explorer maps, sign up to the hema explorer cloud, the map on there is one and the same as the explorer map being loaded to hn7's. You can upload gpx (maybe kml too) and then print the maps. The interface can be a pita but it gives you the ability to trial the maps.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
          2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X