• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by coughy View Post
    well guess what the mod rear diff works so far well i need to modify a little but of stuff ajust then refit but what i seen today it is going to work and work well need to buy new bearings and stuff as im rebuilding it to go in my car but yes very happy so far

just need to get the rear diff housing from the wreck and 100% make sure the crown fits in there and im a goer to finish this little gem

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• coughy
      Valued Member
      • May 2014
      • Redlands Brisbane QLD

just a little update on this i have now got the diff center nilly together just need to get a little machining done i think but i will let the diff shop take care of that
      coming along nicely

um how does the car get the speed from???
      ie when i change the diff centers that will change my speedo so how do i get the speedo to read right anyone???
      can it be done with the mut3?? or a gear replacment in the box?? or these electronic from the auto ecu???

i currently have 265/70/17 tyres on and it is spot on 100kms-100kms via my gps to car speedo
      but 4.3 diffs???
      Looks at OJ
      My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
      New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

um how does the car get the speed from???
        According to circuit diagrams online, the speedo gets a signal from the Engine ECU, which appears to get a signal from the AT ECU, using the transmission output speed sensor.

Looking at the transmission wiring diagrams, the output speed sensor is a three wire device via connectors B11 and B14, into the AT ECU at C45.

ie when i change the diff centers that will change my speedo so how do i get the speedo to read right anyone???
        can it be done with the mut3?? or a gear replacment in the box?? or these electronic from the auto ecu???
        Buy this:

No assembly required, but you'll need to cut & shut the wiring.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• coughy
          Valued Member
          • May 2014
          • Redlands Brisbane QLD

cheers m8
          anyone used this??
          looks like a nice little piece of magic eletronics

are they reliable???

i will pick up the signal at the c45-32 wire as it is easy under the steer coloum to get to with power and earth there to

thanks for the help
          My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.

Comment

• coughy
            Valued Member
            • May 2014
            • Redlands Brisbane QLD

getting closer now for the rear diff to be finished and then the 4.3 swap is going to happen
            a little more machining and i will get it back next week for the put together setup steps

Comment

• Ent
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2014
              • Tasmania

Look forward to the report on them.
              2014 PC Challenger, manual, factory tow-bar, factory front diff protector, TJM inter-cooler plate, Bushskinz manual transmission protection plate, ProRack S16 roof racks, front elocker, Drummond Motor Sport front struts, custom 16mm King rear springs with Bilstein Dampeners, Buzz Rack Runner 3 bike platform, Eclipse Nav head unit, GME TX3800BW UHF, 16x8 CSA Raptor rims, 265/75R16 Maxxis MT-762, orToyo AT/2 265/70R16 Triton rims, BFGoodrich 235/85/R16 Triton rims, or Factory tyres and rims.

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

Hi Coughy, any update on this?

While I'm mucking around with Shorty and pulling out all sorts of bits & pieces, I should go the whole hog with re-gearing the diffs from 4.875 to 4.3.

I'm hoping the front swap will be straight-forward, do a cw&p swap.

It looks to me like I need a Gen 2 9.5" rear, and a 4.3 centre from a Triton. They're both 9.5", and (working off the ARB locker specs) the same axle diameter & spline count (both list RD154). Any advice to offer?
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• coughy
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2014
                  • Redlands Brisbane QLD

yes m8 the triton has a 31 spline and 9.5 crown wheel as for the pinion i cant comment as i am using triton im using a pajero crown and pinion from a 2002 v6 paj and a complete front diff from same year paj MUST BE A V6 petrol for the 4.3 diff ratios

the chally has a 28 spine axle count
                  triton 31 spline count and bigger
                  pajero i didnt count but i still can diff out side

i have had to machine the crown and pinion to fit the 9" housing plus some other mods to get mine to come close to fitting

if the paj yours is a 9.5 crown then you are laughing
                  the pinion you should be ok as well as i had to machine off 8mm in lenght of the pinion gear as it was to long it was interfering with the diff lock system in side the diff center

bearings in the paj are bigger as well i dont know if they same as triton i would think so as both have a 9.5 crown so im guessing that they would be m8

i havent finished yet i need to buy new bearings and front seal then take it to the diff shop to put back to gether as i have had it apart 5000 times getting it right

so hopefully in the next few weeks i can get it done and then ready for the swap out after i look in to the front diff measurements to see if it is a complete swap im looking into whole diff in and out not just the crown/pinion swap for the fron
                  the rear is a custom center build

time will tell
                  hope that helps m8
                  cheers pete

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X