• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Commodore
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2009
    • Macarthur Region NSW.

Nudge Bar! Alloy or Stainless?

Looking around at various suppliers I've noticed that there's a choice of Stainless or Alloy Nudge Bars.
    I Previously fitted a genuine alloy bar on my NT but the smallest carpark 'nudge' meant I had a bruise that looked pretty crook and I had to replace it.
    So, has anyone used the stainless bars and do they have a high enough stainless content to resist rust etc?
    I know at least with the alloy bar they polish up nicely and can look good afterwards.
    Any thoughts please?
    Regards.....Keith.
  • woffleon
    • Jul 2016
    • NSW

Alloy (Aluminium alloy) will go "off" after a few years by that i mean if the coating gets a nic or scratch it will corrode (whiten) from there. Stainless (316) will always look good but has that more slightly yellow nickle tinge to it but needs no coating and you can re polish. Strength maybe the same but you would never put a tow rope on it just for lights looks and bumping roos outa the way. I would like a low profile nudge bar in stainless (just under the number plate) for my PS Exceed to clear all the collision mitigation gizmos
    Sterling Silver Pajero Sport Exceed -- HR towbar - Towpro Elite - Duel battery - King spring KCRS23

Comment

• Loady1
      • Aug 2016
      • Queensland

Nudge bar fitted

Just fitted, no cutting drilling etc.

More a place to mount lights rather than actual protection.
      Late 2016 PS 5 seat. Bridgestone ATRs, Kings KCRS-23, KCFS-55, Bilsteins , PROVENT 200, Safari snorkel, bash plates.
      Hayman Reese towbar. Tow pro elite.

Comment

• Loady1
        • Aug 2016
        • Queensland

Pic
        Attached Files
        Late 2016 PS 5 seat. Bridgestone ATRs, Kings KCRS-23, KCFS-55, Bilsteins , PROVENT 200, Safari snorkel, bash plates.

Comment

• The Commodore
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2009
          • Macarthur Region NSW.

G'day Loady1, that's more the type I fitted to my NT a few years ago and more recently (after some damage) a few months ago.
          It was a genuine MM alloy bar and as you point out, good to hold the lights and aerials etc.
          I had no idea that the genuine bar for the 'Sports' was going to take me a solid day to fit!
          Regards.....Keith.

Comment

• Loady1
            • Aug 2016
            • Queensland

This is a non genuine 304 Stainless steel one and takes about 20 to 30 minutes to fit if you are taking your time. Also only cost $299 as compared to genuine at $600+

Polishes easy with autosol
            Last edited by Loady1; 17-03-17, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• woffleon
              • Jul 2016
              • NSW

Hi loady1
              Does a nudge bar lower your approach angle or interfere with sump protection (bash plate) mounting points?
              Sterling Silver Pajero Sport Exceed -- HR towbar - Towpro Elite - Duel battery - King spring KCRS23

Comment

• Loady1
                • Aug 2016
                • Queensland

Originally posted by woffleon View Post
                Hi loady1
                Does a nudge bar lower your approach angle or interfere with sump protection (bash plate) mounting points?
                The bar mounts to existing holes in the chassis and does not interfere with bash plates. I guess the fact that it adds a few inches to the overhang, it must very slightly change approach angle. Although any increase in front ride height will go towards compensating for this.

Comment

• Beauh85
                  • Jun 2017
                  • NSW

Originally posted by Loady1 View Post
                  This is a non genuine 304 Stainless steel one and takes about 20 to 30 minutes to fit if you are taking your time. Also only cost $299 as compared to genuine at $600+

Polishes easy with autosol
                  Hi loady1. Where did you get this from?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X