Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Review "Ironman Draw System inc. Wing Kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Review "Ironman Draw System inc. Wing Kit.

Happy to start the Review on the "Ironman Draw System" as it's now been in the Paj since September & been loaded with my recovery gear, 1st Aide kit, spares & tools.. It's also had a full load stacked on top inc. the Engle on the MSA Drop Slide.. Fully loaded with Drink & food stuff of course

The Draw800 is the size suited to NM-NW Paj with Wing Kits available for different models.
    Have your tools ready as the Draws are in a flat pack & must be assembled, Ironman supply great instructions & a video is available to download on line as well.

For your information:

Australian Made
    Fully Crash Tested
    Complies to ADR
    Child restraint approved

*Steel Roller Bearing Slides
    *150kgs load rating per draw
    *Lockable draws
    *Galvanised steel frame & draws
    *UV stabilized commercial grade carpet
    *Cross folded construction of draw floors

*Note: I modified the fitting to suit the full cargo Barrier & also spaced the frame from floor at front which allowed me to leave in the custom false floor. I also modified the Draw slide stops so I can remove the draws to get under the floor where I keep spares.

Shot of the Frame going in after assemble:

The wing Kits go in next:

Then the draws & bolt the tops on:

Note: You will notice Tie downs in the below pic I added these.. Not included with draws.

And the finished job with the MSA Drop Slide & Engle mounted:
    [IMG]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg270/gusvin/photo_zps3c65ca48.jpg[~original/IMG]

Bribie Island:

IMG_3476 by gus_paj, on Flickr

Very happy to say the Draws are excellent quality, solid no sideways movement at all. I've lined the draws with thin rubber using double sided tape to stop rattles from spares & the like which has proved the way to go no unwanted rattles! Which has worked well even when bouncing along the inland track on Bribie Island . As I said I use the under floor for spares & stuff that are rarely needed.. But I was nicely surprised to find that all the stuff that I use to have in the Old custom Draws plus all the recovery gear & my tools which were under the false floor all easily fitted into the draws Plus more the long handled shovel, (2 piece), which was tied to the frame of the old draw system also easily fitted in! So big improvement plus now I can fit a lot more in on top of them too.

So if your looking for a Draw system the Ironman get a big 9 out of 10 from me! 9 you say well yea I had to buy rubber to line the draws & also modify the Draw stops to allow them to come out to get under the floor yes easy done but wouldn't cost much to include either!

Great news too Creightons TJM, (Commercial Advertiser), have *special prices for Pajero Club & Public forum members inc these Ironman Draws!
    *Inc. other makes & models

Gus.
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals
  • 02-SR5
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2010
    • Toowoomba

I did look at these drawers when I got mine. They didn't do them for Challengers at the time.

I have always been of Ironman products. They seem to be the quiet achiever in the 4wd industry.

All the Ford Rangers in Afghanistan were all fitted with Ironman bar work.
    MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• Gus
      Administrator
      • Mar 2008
      • Traralgon. Vic

Have to agree Rob I like their Bars too. And I'm very impressed with the Awning will be reviewing it after a few more outings..

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Silver Streak
        Valued Member
        • May 2010
        • Adelaide. South Aust.

They look great Gus, as does your Paj. I gather you don't have to drill any extra holes to bolt the frame in place. You say, you can still access the under-floor storage? Do you cut the original cover in half, do you?
        Also, unless I missed something, how much from Creighton's?
        Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
        Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• Gus
          Administrator
          • Mar 2008
          • Traralgon. Vic

Prices will not be posted on the forum & Creighton's ask that no member does.. They have given me a Price list so I'll PM it to you..

No need to drill any holes! I have removed original & left the false floor with opening under mine.. If I was installing from scratch I would remove the false floor & make a frame for the Draws to sit on, (Frame would cover the under floor at front of draws only, you can see mine in pic).. I also modified the Draw stops only fitting them to the side of Draws & then Tapped the frame & used a bolt, the bolt is accessed through the wings lid undo them & the Draws slide out if needed.

PM on it way..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Rich0
            • Dec 2011
            • Sydney, South

Looks great! With the back seats folded down, are the seats level with the drawers making a flat surface all the way through (say, for a bed)?
            2002 NM GLS 3.2 DiD Manual
            My build thread on the to do list

Comment

• Gus
              Administrator
              • Mar 2008
              • Traralgon. Vic

I'll fold the seat down & have a look Richo as I have the cargo barrier I didn't even think to look at that...

Gus.

PS. I'll edit in the answer tomorrow mate...

No they don't fold flush sit up about 50mm..
              Last edited by Gus; 08-01-14, 07:10 PM. Reason: Added answer

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Ironman 4x4
                • Jul 2013
                • Melbourne, Australia

Great to hear you are enjoying the drawers and they are suiting your purposes!

Always great to hear the feedback as well! We take it all into consideration!

Cheers,

Matt
                Ironman 4x4

Comment

• Gus
                  Administrator
                  • Mar 2008
                  • Traralgon. Vic

G'day Matt, very impressed mate great product & well priced

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Dogtor
                    • Oct 2013
                    • Gold Coast

Thanks Gus, great pictures. I'm about to purchase a set of these, but had some concerns which you seem to have addressed with your modifications. Could explain exactly how you modified things to 1) fit with cargo barrier 2) allow retention of false floor (and is the original or did you make one up?) and 3) modify the stops to allow removal of the drawers to access recess under them? And is point 3 easy to achieve (in terms of access) ? I guess most of the gear down there would be spares and emergency stuff anyway?
                    I am but a simple vet, not a mechanic, so I need these things spelled out clearly to figure out how to do it myself!!
                    Also I assume there are child restraint anchors on top of the drawers to attach to?

Cheers

Comment

• Gus
                      Administrator
                      • Mar 2008
                      • Traralgon. Vic

Hi Dogtor.. vet

(1) This will depend on your cargo barrier too! Mine is a tradesman 1.
                      All I did was put the frame together pushed back against the C/Barrier made up some brackets, (solid 1s), which extended to the child anchor points on the floor, (Behind 2nd row seats), also picked up the tie down points at rear, (Back of vehicle), as per instructions.

(2) No I had replaced the stock false floor you could retain & space as I have but you would need to cut access hole in it.

(3) As per instructions I mounted the stops to the draws themselves but instead of mounting their opposites to the side walls I tapped the holes & used 2 bolts with rubber washers. I can access these via the wing kits only need to be finger tight rubber holds them in place undoing allows the draws to slide out.

(4) The Child Anchor points are on the back edge, (Cargo Barrier end), you need to fit them prior to bolting the top on.

Gus.

Vehicle Sold

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X