• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale101
    • Apr 2015
    • adelaide

Bridgestone duellers

Just about ready to purchase new tyres and decided on Bridgestone Duellers A/T which are light truck tyres.
    I have had these tyres before on a previous vehicle and reasonable happy.
    Anyone else had these on their Pag.
    2" lift kit, SVP EGR mod, Roley rear bash plate, LED interior lighting, spare wheel lift, Uniden UHF, Poly Air bags, 2100 mm Rhino Roof rack on Rhino rails, Rear drawers, LED reversing lights
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

This thread has 36 pages so it gives you a pretty balanced reveiw.

In LT they are only 8 ply rated so ok for light to medium towing and light off road duties are ok but in the rougher terrain and heavier loads they not that robust. A few of the SA guys I occasionally travel with have all had D697 issues on trips where others have not. Coastal limestone, Flinders Ranges rocks and desert country have all taken out sidewalls.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• christopher
      • Mar 2012
      • Chidlow W.A.

Have them on my Triton, gives me better traction as it's not 4WD

Just got the standard bridgestones on the Paj
      2011 3.2 DID Pajero NT GLS Auto O/L Premium Steel Bullbar, Towbar, Redarc electric Brake controller, Graphite Tint Windows, Wireless Rear Camera low mount for easy float connection

Comment

• Georgie
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2013
        • Secret Harbour WA

Duelers

I had Duelers 697s on my 2013 from new they were reasonably quiet on the bitumen and good off road but I only got 50 k from them even though the were rotated regular but I do tow an off road van so this may account for the low miles I now run MTs and the look like they may better Ks but they are much noisier on the road and I personally don't feel that comfortable with on very wet roads so that's when flick to 4x4 high but they great in sand and off road hard stuff
        Cheers
        Georgie
        2015 Sahara
        Black Mica in colour
        BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

i HAVE THE 697,S ON MY nw. Only because they are used on bituman. Have general grabbers for off road as I have never got good mileage off road from the 697,s. Grip well on the wet or dry tar roads though...and quiet.
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Gareth
            • Nov 2012
            • Adelaide (North)

Ive got the 697's and they were ok when new but now they are in the last 25% of their life and I won't be getting them again. They have worn quickly and I don't rate them off road. They got pretty chipped and cut on the birdsville track where my Maxxis tyres did not and the conditions were very similar.
            Silver 2008 NS VRX 3.2 DiD
            Ironman / Lovell 50mm lift, 275/65R18 Maxxis Big Horn's, Custom Rear bar protection, Bush Skinz intercooler guard, 4mm oil pan guard (self made), Bush Skinz Trans and Transfer guards, Bush Skinz Rock sliders, ARB Deluxe colour coded bull bar, ORU 12,000LB winch, Light force 240 Spot Lights, Custom dual battery carrier / Red Arc Isolator, UHF, Custom Tuned Uni-Chip.

Comment

• Sunnywaxman
              • Apr 2014
              • Caloundra

Just been through the same after a change from yokohamas at 12, could not get at 15 in same pattern, shifted to the duellers and so far have been a great tyre, in the wet, sand and towing with some gravel thrown in. Very happy so far.

Comment

• MrIsuzu1
                • Sep 2012
                • Cairns

Had the 697's before my Continental A/Ts. Was glad to get rid of them. So noisy that it sounded like my rear wheel bearings were on the way out.
                2010 NT GLX, RD lock, Smartbar, Warn winch, Uniden UHF, Piranha dual battery, Redarc Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz protection

Comment

• jhale101
                  • Apr 2015
                  • adelaide

Originally posted by MrIsuzu1 View Post
                  Had the 697's before my Continental A/Ts. Was glad to get rid of them. So noisy that it sounded like my rear wheel bearings were on the way out.
                  Sorry guys - not sure what you mean by 697's. I take it they are Bridgestone variant.
                  2" lift kit, SVP EGR mod, Roley rear bash plate, LED interior lighting, spare wheel lift, Uniden UHF, Poly Air bags, 2100 mm Rhino Roof rack on Rhino rails, Rear drawers, LED reversing lights

Comment

• old Jack
                    Regular
                    • Jun 2011
                    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by jhale101 View Post
                    Sorry guys - not sure what you mean by 697's. I take it they are Bridgestone variant.
                    Yes, D697 are a Bridgestone AT Dueller.

OJ.
                    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• tyap
                      • Apr 2012
                      • WA

Had 697 Duellers on my NM - staked a sidewall when almost new on some tin which soured the experience.

Good on road and sand - not as tough as other tyres on the market, useless in mud.

I prefer the Micky Thompson STZ I have got on my NW - tougher and more capable off road but still handles well on road.

Depends what kind of driving you are planning to do and what your budget allows.

Comment

• jhale101
                        • Apr 2015
                        • adelaide

Are your Continentals a LT tyre

Comment

• jhale101
                          • Apr 2015
                          • adelaide

Are your Continental AT's a Light Truck tyre?

Comment

• zepps
                            • Oct 2016
                            • Adelaide

Originally posted by tyap View Post
                            Had 697 Duellers on my NM - staked a sidewall when almost new on some tin which soured the experience.

Good on road and sand - not as tough as other tyres on the market, useless in mud.

I prefer the Micky Thompson STZ I have got on my NW - tougher and more capable off road but still handles well on road.

Depends what kind of driving you are planning to do and what your budget allows.
                            Similar experience.

No problems as long as I kept the pressures up. I shredded a d697s while carrying a light to medium load with lowered pressures (~32psi) and speed to help soak up some rough roads. I was astounded how quickly the entire tyre tore apart with no damage or marks to the rim. I'll be the first to admit it was probably due to driver error or bad luck but I had only just spent 400km in similar conditions with normal pressures without incident.

I feel even though they claim AT/LT rated they are better suited for highway/light duties. They also became quite noisy with wear and age (2 years 30k).
                            2014 NW Pajero GLXR

Comment

• littleriver
                              Valued Member
                              • Jan 2013
                              • Queensland

Originally posted by zepps View Post
                              Similar experience.

No problems as long as I kept the pressures up. I shredded a d697s while carrying a light to medium load with lowered pressures (~32psi) and speed to help soak up some rough roads. I was astounded how quickly the entire tyre tore apart with no damage or marks to the rim. I'll be the first to admit it was probably due to driver error or bad luck but I had only just spent 400km in similar conditions with normal pressures without incident.

I feel even though they claim AT/LT rated they are better suited for highway/light duties. They also became quite noisy with wear and age (2 years 30k).

great to know about the tyre pressures ...

found with ours now hitting 30k km + doing a rotation every 5k km keeps them quiet ...
                              soon as we had heard louder then usual noise we rotated and noise was at a bare minimum

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X