• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tritonl2000
    • May 2017
    • Away

Originally posted by CC2005 View Post
    Hi OJ

I'm after the ohms reading with the plug disconnected from the MAF sensor assembly, with no thermistor (or resistor) within the loom. I'm wanting to know the loom and ECU combined resistance at the plug connection.

MAF connector terminals 1 & 2 back to the ECU only. I have measured this resistance to be approximately 3.2k ohms and just want to clarify it.

EDIT - more info
    The reason for the check: I'm investigating a difference in EGR valve operation with the factory thermistor and the a 3.9k resistor.

I have a 3.9K resistor in a switchable sub loom so that it can be isolated from the system, thus I can operate with the factory thermistor if needed. What I have found is; when the factory thermistor is selected and the vehicle at operating temp, then I switch the ignition to the "off" poition, the EGR valve makes a few noises as the DC EGR motor goes through some sequence and finds its closed position. I then hear 5 audible clicks (3 stipulated in the manual when diagnosis checking) and the EGR valve shut down sequence is complete. When switched to the 3.9k ohm resistor, the DC motor shut down noises are the same with the exception of the final sequence, no audible clicking sounds can be heard (or felt when touching) from the EGR valve .

Cheers
    CC
    Hi CC2005,

I see you had a problem with the egr valve shutdown sequence. I have put a resistor into wire (in series) to alter temperature reading, and am having the very same problem. Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? Also why doesn't throttle butterfly close on turn off as it does under normal operation?

I'm trying to get my head around all of this.

Thanks

Comment

• alexyjh
      • Aug 2017
      • Whyalla SA

TL;DR

what is the current egr block off mod?

cheers guys, this post is all over the joint hahaha

Comment

• Sjb-85
        • Jan 2013
        • Pakenham, Vic

I only just installed my spvi egr control that I bought from 02_sr5 today so I will see how it goes from now on, hopefully all good
        2012, Mitsubishi PB Challenger LS (manual)

Comment

• amec
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Wamberal

Originally posted by alexyjh View Post
          TL;DR

what is the current egr block off mod?

cheers guys, this post is all over the joint hahaha
          Just read the first couple of pages and you will be well equipped to do the mod.

It will take you longer to go get the bits than to actually do the resistor mod.
          PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• CC2005
            • Sep 2011
            • Mornington Peninsula

Originally posted by tritonl2000 View Post
            Hi CC2005,

I see you had a problem with the egr valve shutdown sequence. I have put a resistor into wire (in series) to alter temperature reading, and am having the very same problem. Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? Also why doesn't throttle butterfly close on turn off as it does under normal operation?

I'm trying to get my head around all of this.

Thanks
            Hi

A very late reply and funnily enough I just checked this sequence again and not because I read your post, coincidence. I never fully investigated the observation so I decided to check it today.

With "only" the factory thermistor in circuit, I hear 3 definite clicks as per the factory service manual when the EGR shuts down with the ignition switched completely off. Not 5 clicks as I initially reported.

With the factory thermistor out of the circuit and only the 3.9k resistor in place (maybe 3.2k can't remember) "I do not hear the 3 audible clicks from the EGR valve?" - ignition switched completely off.

The engine coolant temperature must be 70C or more when conducting this test.

I have read here others still hear the audible clicking sound with the resister fitted in series with the factory thermistor. I am not sure what others are getting with only the resistor in the circuit. I would like to know.

I should invest in a scan tool although I hardly have the real need for one at the moment, it would confirm if my EGR is off with the resistor in place and the engine running.

Short answer - No.
            Last edited by CC2005; 25-08-17, 08:01 AM.
            PB MY11 LS 4D56 - auto, with stuff.

Comment

• BanjoPato
              • Jun 2015
              • north Coast

Thought I might revive this thread with a quick question.
              I've recently installed the Munji delete cable with no issues and would now like to check if it's working. I don't need or feel like paying a heap of money for a scangauge so am looking at a plug in reader Bluetoothed to my iPhone.
              There seems to be a lot online with a big price range & im interested if any members have any recommendations ?
              Cheers

Don

Comment

• Seigried
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2016
                • brisbane

I bought the jcar one. I probably paid too much for it but it works.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Tone13
                  • May 2014
                  • Victoria

Originally posted by BanjoPato View Post
                  Thought I might revive this thread with a quick question.
                  I've recently installed the Munji delete cable with no issues and would now like to check if it's working. I don't need or feel like paying a heap of money for a scangauge so am looking at a plug in reader Bluetoothed to my iPhone.
                  There seems to be a lot online with a big price range & im interested if any members have any recommendations ?

I bought this one :

Works perfectly with my android phone using Torque app and shows EGR reading among many others.

You will need the iPhone version.

Sorry, I've been off this forum for a while.......what is the Munji delete cable and how do I get one?
                  2012 Challenger XLS (Blue), Factory Nudge Bar, Full Length Bushskinz, OzTec Outback Shocks with Kings Springs (+50mm), Bridgestone Dueller LT697 A/T's, Rhino Aero bars.

Comment

• BanjoPato
                    • Jun 2015
                    • north Coast

Originally posted by Tone13 View Post
                    I bought this one :

Works perfectly with my android phone using Torque app and shows EGR reading among many others.

You will need the iPhone version.

Sorry, I've been off this forum for a while.......what is the Munji delete cable and how do I get one?

Thank mate that's the type i mean.
                    Munji cable is a simple plug in,check online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Cheers

Don

Comment

• alan_blue
                      • Aug 2011
                      • Sunny Coast

Does anyone know what resistor the munji P&P uses?

Comment

• johndavis125262
                        • Apr 2013
                        • brisbane

PB Challenger EGR Resistor Mod

Originally posted by alan_blue View Post
                        Does anyone know what resistor the munji P&P uses?
                        probably 4.7 k ive had mine in as op has shown going on 6 years no problem and i take it out once a year for car service so everything is factory then i turn it off again for 12 months

regards john

Comment

• Mitsu_Many!
                          • Apr 2012
                          • Central NSW

Added the resistor mod tonight.​

Just tired of the gunk inside the intake, falling fuel economy and now the new EGR is sticky so we have lumpy idle.

I cut and shut a 4.7KΩ 1W into the BL/BLU line and idle with ½ warm engine was lumpy.

Tried a 6.8KΩ 1W and idle was smooth with ½ warm engine but 'run on' at turn off.

Have reverted to 4.7KΩ 1W for now and went for a hit up the road, waited for the dust to clear (we have plenty of that out here) and idle was ok at home base, will see what the boss says after the 40K dirt school run tomorrow.

No need for a 1W resistor, I know, but, my F.I.L. was a ham (so am I) and I used to build a lot of my equipment, repair TV/ Radio/ install 2x etc 20 yrs ago so his (F.I.L's) resistor towers made it to my workshop and its all too easy to try a range of....​

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC03920.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.3 KB ID:	1124267
                          Last edited by Mitsu_Many!; 07-02-23, 08:40 PM.
                          L200 TT ute, Diesel - DOM 03/85, since new 06/85.
                          QA iO Petrol - Man, DOM 2002, 5Dr, regrettably sold 04/12.
                          NB SWB Petrol - Man, DOM 1985, since 02/11 for the paddock.
                          NH LWB 2.5 TDi - Man, DOM 1993, since 09/11 for the paddock.
                          NS LWB 3.2 DiD - Platinum, Auto, DOM 2008, since 04/12.

We don't do modifications (of any kind) for a reason.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X