• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MJMatt
    • Feb 2016
    • Melbourne

Trip to Rushworth Vic

Hi all, new on here, Just wondering if anyone knows any good tracks around Rushworth (North of Nagambie Victoria)? Any help would be much appreciated! Cheers.
  • Old Paj
    Pajero Club Life Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Heathcote, Vic

Rushworth Area

Lots of tracks through the Rushworth state forest and the Heathcote-Graytown National Park. Mostly these are simple forest drives on dirt (and at the moment very dusty) tracks. Very few 4WD tracks as such. However that being said, particularly if your prepared to get out of the car and look/walk there is a lot of history in the area, with mining of course (Whroo, Rushworth, Graytown) and the old POW camp at Graytown.

Would recommend a visit to the Tatura POW camps museum prior to visiting Graytown just to set the scene.
    NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• MJMatt
      • Feb 2016
      • Melbourne

Thanks for that Old Paj! That I will do!! Love the history.

Comment

• my.paj
        • Dec 2010
        • Tullamarine

As above not much to do in a 4x4 my father lives there, some minor bits around the back of the footy oval.
        Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
        New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

• GOSSAMER
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2008
          • doncaster east vic

If your heading down the Greytown end, off Mt Black Quarry road you have Melvilles lookout, i think it was once a walking track but you can drive up there for a nice view and across the other side of the road you have Mt Black, their use to be a hidden back track that was pretty steep and rocky. I tried the closed front track and it was a dead end and i nearly rolled it turning around so i walked up and found the back track. This info is about 4 years old so it may have changed but worth a look. If you type Mt Black Wirrate into google maps the back track is the one coming up from the sth.
          Back from the Dark side
          NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• MJMatt
            • Feb 2016
            • Melbourne

Thanks guys! Obviously their isnt a great deal there. Being Easter, will most likely be still dry! Will drive around and try and find places that hope to produce at least a little challenge!! Probably would be better if wet!! If I find places I will get gps co ordinates and post for all!! Hoping things have changed (for the better) up there! Just got new cooper Maxx on and a lift kit!! I want to test them out!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X