• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 02-SR5
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2010
    • Toowoomba

Long Ranger aux fuel tank quote

I received my quote today for the instalation of a Longranger Aux fuel tank.

I think I will pass on this one.

When you read it, ensure you are sitting down.
    Attached Files
    MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.
  • AndyRW
    • Jul 2011
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by 02-SR5 View Post
    I received my quote today for the instalation of a Longranger Aux fuel tank.

I think I will pass on this one.

When you read it, ensure you are sitting down.
    Hi Rob,

you could minimise that by just installing the tank that goes where the spare wheel sits and keep the 70lt OEM tank.

Cheers
    Steve

Comment

• robdavo
      • Dec 2013
      • Wantirna, Vic

That quote is for the fitting of 2 tanks - 78Lt and 115Lt.
      Assume you wouldn't be fitting both, so if only one tank, then deduct around $1600.
      MY14 PC Challenger Auto, Terra Rosa, Rear Storage Drawer and Fridge System, 120Ah Dual Battery, Traxide SC80 Isolator, H/Reece Hitch. Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, LED Running Lights, 80W LED Light Bar, Factory (PB) Nudge Bar. Thule Racks, GME TX3510 CB, Poly Airs, MN Triton 17" wheels. Tinted windows, deflectors and bonnet guard. Headlight protectors.

Comment

• dean
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007

Have you got a price from Long Range Automotive ?
        NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• Toddyh
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2013
          • Lalor Park, NSW

I don't see why you would spend $1660 to replace the original tank with one that is only 8L bigger? If you need to replace it because of damage I would be finding a wrecker.
          As for the auxiliary tank you can get 135L tanks that replace the spare wheel for around $1500.
          2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• fester
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2013
            • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by AndyRW View Post
            Hi Rob,
            you could minimise that by just installing the tank that goes where the spare wheel sits and keep the 70lt OEM tank.
            Cheers
            Steve
            Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
            As for the auxiliary tank you can get 135L tanks that replace the spare wheel for around $1500.
            http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111498142...84.m1423.l2649
            Just pray you never get a flat tyre.

Comment

• MSF
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2009
              • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Firstly - Toddyh, I think you will find they are Auxiliary (ie, additional tanks) not Replacement, so the factory tank will remain in situ.

Secondly - your quote is from Australia's Richest Bushranger
              Therefore ARB tax has also been applied.

I got a quote for my Aux tank in the shorty with them and it was $440 more expensive that using my usual mechanic.....

Comment

• charger265
                • Mar 2014
                • Victoria

Hmmm .... Is ARB!!!!
                I used myava.com.au and managed to pick a 120l long ranger main replacement tank for under $900 delivered... (for the triton)
                To have it fitted was $250 by my local shop... So the only thing that looks right about the quote is the fitting price...
                I would do some shopping around.

Comment

• Toddyh
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2013
                  • Lalor Park, NSW

Originally posted by fester View Post
                  Just pray you never get a flat tyre.
                  You would obviously need a rear tyre carrier.

Originally posted by MSF View Post
                  Firstly - Toddyh, I think you will find they are Auxiliary (ie, additional tanks) not Replacement, so the factory tank will remain in situ.
                  The quote included both a replacement and an auxiliary tank.
                  2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• fester
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • Gympie Qld

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
                    You would obviously need a rear tyre carrier.
                    Which then negates any principal of it being a cheap way to go.

Comment

• Toddyh
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2013
                      • Lalor Park, NSW

Which then negates any principal of it being a cheap way to go.
                      The quote already included an auxiliary tank. This is obviously the way the OP is going. Just found a cheaper and larger auxiliary tank.
                      I believe the OP already has a rear bar and tyre carrier if you bothered to read his signature.

Comment

• fester
                        Valued Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • Gympie Qld

I dont read signatures they are BS most of the time.

Comment

• 02-SR5
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2010
                          • Toowoomba

The quote was for two versions. The smaller one and the larger one.

Since I have the spate relocated to the rear bar, storage isn't really a problem. It's more with cost and weight.

I fitted a Long Ranger tank to my Hilux to replace the factory tank. Total cost, including a full tank of fuel was $1100. This tank I'm looking at over 2k.

I'm going to pass. Just thought I would post to show how much it would cost if somebody else was interested.
                          MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• dean
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2007

I dont read signatures they are BS most of the time.
                            NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• 02-SR5
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2010
                              • Toowoomba

Just to show I'm not talking out of my ar5e
                              Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X