Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > GPS Tech / Navigation

GPS Tech / Navigation Discussion on GPS units. Maps and laptops

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Default Tablet mount.

G'day!

Is anybody using this type of mount with their tablets? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BASEUS-3....c100005.m1851

Just got myself an ipad pro 12.9 and have been looking at mount options such as the RAM products. I also saw similar mounts to these in sports cars and was not all that impressed. Sitting in the car today and can see that I could use four such mounts around the MMCS, which should keep it in place. My main concern is when the time comes to remove the mounts. Does the tape destroy the facia? Will the facia rattle under the load of the tablet which is stuff all TBH?
Thoughts please.

Regards,

Matt.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTX View Post
Is anybody using this type of mount with their tablets?
I have been using magnet mounts for years ranging from cheap to more expensive ones. It hold smartphones well and currently using S9+. But I don't think it will hold heavier tablets. Just my 2 cents. For a large tablet, you can't go wrong with Ram (expensive) or Arkon (affordable). Good luck.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Resident

I once wasted my money on some Baseus USB C adaptors. Disappointed. I can't say they didn't work, because sometimes they did, for some functions. They made a significant reduction to charging current, and wouldn't work with any of my headphone adaptors - so I have yet to find an application for which I want to actually use them.

I'm in no hurry to spend any money on a Baseus product.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
I once wasted my money on some Baseus USB C adaptors. Disappointed. I can't say they didn't work, because sometimes they did, for some functions. They made a significant reduction to charging current, and wouldn't work with any of my headphone adaptors - so I have yet to find an application for which I want to actually use them.

I'm in no hurry to spend any money on a Baseus product.

Yeah just copied the link as an exaple of the type of mount I am considering. Thanks for the heads up though, I will steer clear of them for sure!
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamerman View Post
I have been using magnet mounts for years ranging from cheap to more expensive ones. It hold smartphones well and currently using S9+. But I don't think it will hold heavier tablets. Just my 2 cents. For a large tablet, you can't go wrong with Ram (expensive) or Arkon (affordable). Good luck.

Cheers mate, yes if money was no concern, I woud go for the RAM (made in usa) option without a doubt. Such as this mount, which requires the tablet adaptor to be added! https://www.hurtlegear.com.au/ram-31...-5-round-base/

I would love to hear from someone who has attempted a magnet mount with their tablet, particularly the 12.9 size range. I would be concerned about the amount of shock the mounts could take before letting go in a 4wd, rock hopping scenario. I was planning on using four magnets and having the tablet in a hardcase (extra weight) I would also like to know of the long term affect on the dash from both the adhesive and the weight of having the tablet mounted on the facia.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Cheers mate, yes if money was no concern, I woud go for the RAM (made in usa) option without a doubt. Such as this mount, which requires the tablet adaptor to be added! https://www.hurtlegear.com.au/ram-31...-5-round-base/

I would love to hear from someone who has attempted a magnet mount with their tablet, particularly the 12.9 size range. I would be concerned about the amount of shock the mounts could take before letting go in a 4wd, rock hopping scenario. I was planning on using four magnets and having the tablet in a hardcase (extra weight) I would also like to know of the long term affect on the dash from both the adhesive and the weight of having the tablet mounted on the facia.

Crikey, what a price difference! https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Arko...ery!3042!AU!-1 ****Are they comparible for quality?
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Meh, I'll take two..... https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Unite-30...4AAOSwOXldLpfA

Packed full of carbon fibre goodness!
Old 2 Days Ago

Quote:
I would love to hear from someone who has attempted a magnet mount with their tablet, particularly the 12.9 size range.
Found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfy7ZYQqDCk
Old 2 Days Ago

The positioning of that tablet would be deemed illegal as it is obstructing the drivers view.
2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, BFG KO all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.