• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Starkers
    • Jul 2019
    • South Australia

Kings worklights.

Hi all. I recently bought a PB Challenger and bought a 7inch kings driving light pack. I have had 0 problems wiring the lightbar and spotties using the provided loom, what I'm struggling with is where I'm supposed to wire the 2 worklights that came with it to. I have a dual battery set up in the cargo panel that I want to wire it to, I just can't find a loom to tap into like with the spotties and the high beams.
    Can anyone give me a clue what to do?
    Cheers Craig
  • amec
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Wamberal

When do you want them to come on?
    Reversing, tap into the reverse lights to trigger a relay.
    As camp lights? Depending on amp draw, a switch wired via a fuse to the house/aux battery.
    If they are to be used in conjunction with the spotties, depending on amp draw you may be able to tap directly into that wiring loom.
    A micro relay should be sufficient and easily mounted if needed.
    PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• Starkers
      • Jul 2019
      • South Australia

I had planned on just using them with the just switch as a worklight, I would have assumed that's how the premade kings loom would have been made, rather than piggybacking off a light.

Comment

• amec
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2015
        • Wamberal

Find out the amp draw and then see if you can get a switch that can handle the required current..
        If the required current is too high, use a relay.
        A decent multimeter will give you the info you need, or even any documents supplied with the lights might help.
        PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X