Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 1 Week Ago

Well still no luck finding an affordable replacement pump. But I have found out that these pumps are used in a few other cars.
Here are the makes and part numbers I have found
Mitsubishi
3590A011 MR453610 MR953484
Suzuki Vitara / XL7
2794065D03TAO 2709465D02 2794065D03 2794065D00

Chevy Tracker 91177534, 91175575

KIA 510303e100

I just thought I would list these as a reference I case others might need to find a replacement.
Cheers
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

worth hunting around the wreckers?

do the new pajero sport have the same diff lock pump? could be a cheap option.
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie9 View Post
worth hunting around the wreckers?

do the new pajero sport have the same diff lock pump? could be a cheap option.
No, the Pajero Sport has an E Locker fitted.
Low pressure pump is used on the Gen 4 Pajero, Challenger and Triton.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
No, the Pajero Sport has an E Locker fitted.
Low pressure pump is used on the Gen 4 Pajero, Challenger and Triton.

OJ.

is it possbile to swap the guts into the PC challenger?
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
is it possbile to swap the guts into the PC challenger?
Fitting a Pajero Sport E locker to a Challenger may be possible since it seems to have the same solid axle housing or it should be possible to fit a complete rear disc to disc axle assemble from the Pajero Sport onto the PB/PC Challenger. However most wreckers want about $1800 for the assembly and this is the price you can purchase a Harrop E locker for so there are no real advantages that I can see.

To changeover the diff centre, the spline count on the axles and the axle lengths would have to be identical. You would be able to cross reference part numbers on Partsque if you had the VIN of the donor PS.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

ok, seems the harrop is the only option for a dead OEM locker.

I need to check my pump as think that is my probelm also, if its only few hundred makes sense to replace the faulty pump..

cheers
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
ok, seems the harrop is the only option for a dead OEM locker.

I need to check my pump as think that is my probelm also, if its only few hundred makes sense to replace the faulty pump..

cheers
Sorry Cookie, I misunderstood your question.

The PB PC Challenger that is fitted with a factory diff lock has a different CW&P gears, different bearing sizes, different axle lengths and different axle spline counts to the PB /PC Challengers that do not have a factory diff lock. I am reasonably sure the aftermarket diff locks from Harrop, ARB and TJM only fit the Challengers without the factory diff lock.

It seems the cheapest option is a $300 pump from Partsque or a secondhand pump from a wrecker.

OJ.
Old 4 Days Ago

It seems the cheapest option is a $300 pump from Partsque or a secondhand pump from a wrecker.

OJ.[/QUOTE]

Good prices on that website.
The suzuki pump p/n 2794065D03 is the cheapest $206.38 aud
The cheapest mitsubishi p/n 3590A011 is $442.04 AUD ($300US)
I'm thinking to get the suzuki pump to save all the messing around.
Im also thinking of relocating the pump and breathers into the rear of wagon near the jack.
Has anyone done this?