Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 3 Weeks Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawty950 View Post
I have a 16 MQ triton and always turn ASC off.. ex rally/off road dude and dont like the intrusion...when testing some new suspension lately with the tuner, he jumped in and drove and I forgot to get him to turn off ASC...with muddies and some spirited driving it was dropping power out of turns on bitumen...and there was virtually no wheelspin...just enough for the ASC to cut power.
I believe it doesn't even need wheel spin, it uses a Yaw sensor (and probably some other stuff, like steering wheel angle) to determine when you're having too much fun, and intervenes pre-emptively.

I don't have the rally / racing background, just an as-yet unreformed hoon, and I find the ASC in my Pajero is too sensitive - try to gently accelerate through (bitumen) bends and power at the wheels is swapped out for a flashing light on the dash.

On most dirt road trips with fellow Pajero drivers, after a stop, somebody in the convoy will normally issue a reminder over the radio: "headlights on, ASC off".

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Unlike NJswb, I find the ASC on my Challenger to be excellent and only ever turn it off for low range 4wd as it does not turn off automatically like the Gen 4 Pajero. There is an easy mod you can do to the Challenger that automatically turns ASC OFF when in 4LLc or 4HLc/4LLc, I worked out how to do it years ago and never got around to doing it, but every time I get caught out forgetting to turn ASC OFF I am reminded of my tardiness..

On fast dirt in 4H, Njswb in his Gen 4 Pajero needs to have his ASC turned OFF to keep up with my Challenger with ASC ON, it is not the driver, tyres or suspension, it is the ASC programing!

Traction Control is the exact opposite, the Gen 4 Traction Control is excellent, so good it will over heat if you use too much power for too long a period, the Challengers Traction Control is woefully slow to activate and quick to deactivate, it is crap by comparison!

You could not find 2 ASCTC systems that are so different, surprisingly both from the same manufacturer.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Last edited by old Jack; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:33 PM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar correction
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
On fast dirt in 4H, Njswb in his Gen 4 Pajero needs to have his ASC turned OFF to keep up with my Challenger with ASC ON, it is not the driver, tyres or suspension, it is the ASC programing!
You're too kind OJ! Even with ASC off I struggle to keep up.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 2 Weeks Ago

I got the parts I ordered yesterday, new SCV and thanks to Jacks recommendation a fuel filter, changed over the SCV first to find the problem persisted so I swapped out the fuel filter, Bingo.
The first mechanic I saw looked in the filter and said it was fine and I took his advice and went to the dealer who services my car (and has never changed over my filter) lead me further down the sensor route.
So thanks very much OJ, youíve got me powering again, one thing I canít figure though is why the problem was intermittent.
Either the filter blockage was worse at lower temperature or the alpine fuel reacted more to the blockage?
Thanks OJ and everyone else that posted suggestions, Iíve learned a lot more about my car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk