Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Mechanical

Mechanical Discussion of mechanical matters

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Default Any tips for rear hub bolts Gen 4 pajero

Wondering if anyone has any tips to get the 4 rear hub bolts out..

Have followed the YouTube video which someone has kindly out on but access is tight.. and so are the bolts. 4 or go then I can replace the hub.

I have left the lower control arms on have just pushed the cv shaft in for enough room.

I have sprayed it with inox + penetrene and am hoping to have a crack in morning with a smaller 3/8 drive socket..

Any other tips kindly appreciated.

Cheers

Mr Gus
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I haven't done a rear one, but have replaced the bearing hub assembly on a front Gen4 , from memory I had the knuckle off and used a 1/2 inch drive impact wrench to loosen the bolts.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

You have to remove the hub Iím afraid.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

Thanks guys I managed to get it off today.. lots of penetrene/inox. A bent socket spanner and hammer.. then the hub was seized in. Used the old disc as a slide hammer. Lots of taps and it eventually came out. It's a rather fiddly job. Thankyou