• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miner
    • Apr 2019
    • Abu Dhabi

Clicking Noise From Low Behind Driver’s N/S

I’m fairly certain this is coming from the drivers seat... sometimes when braking, sometimes when going up over speed bumps... can make it occur fairly repeatedly. Any history of clicky seats?

It’s a Gen 4-3 GLS electric leather seat.

Become increasingly paranoid about clicking and clonking since I lifted the car but been underneath and had a look/shake and a good bounce on all corners including the runner boards. Seems ok. Sounds too sharp to be from outside, deffo coming from low, left behind the driver (LHD). Advice welcome as it’s driving me batty. Cheers.

NOTE: I have double posted - any issues please delete the other post in body & soul.
  • Handy Andy
    • May 2010
    • Brisbane

clunking behind front seat

Gidday Miner
    In the absence of any other info I've never had such an issue however I can recall the boys talking about such a noise when the fuel tank is low on fuel and causes some of the internal baffles/pick up to create such noises. I cant talk from experience but maybe a search might bring something up
    good luck Andy

Comment

• Muzza
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Nsw

The fuel tank issue, is a clunk under the drivers floor, when the tank is full and stops once it gets down to 3/4, my NP did it for 11 years with no ill effect
      Muzza
      2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
      2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
      2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• Mike DiD
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007

I did have a crack in the metal of the seat base which produced a clicking/chirping sound.
        Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X