• Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by mcbadger2 View Post
    Hi Peter,
    They do a GLS version now in a 5 seat option. Decent option if you don't need the extra row. Still has rear vents for the A/C.
    Cheers

Mark
    Could one just get the seven seat option and remove the third row (better resale value)

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• PA.
      • Feb 2018
      • South Australia

I have been advised the 5 seat GLS is $1,000 cheaper than the 7 seat GLS. At the other end of the day I think the 7 seater may be easier to sell and demand a higher price in the used market.

Comment

• DID Dash
        • Aug 2016
        • Australia

Recently had the opportunity to drive a Pajero Sport towing about 2 tonnes of firewood in a big work trailer when a friend of a friend had a little heath issue preventing him from driving home from a trip. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it towed the load. Engine performance was quite strong, the 8 speeder just did the job without fuss, almost negating the need to use the paddle shifter. I reckon the Pajero Sport towed the 2.5t better than my Challenger tows 1.5t. I was really impressed. Definitely on my list when the time comes to update.
        17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• Pander6
          • Sep 2014
          • Happy Valley SA

Exceed On The Way

Originally posted by mcbadger2 View Post
          Hi Peter,
          They do a GLS version now in a 5 seat option. Decent option if you don't need the extra row. Still has rear vents for the A/C.
          Cheers

Mark
          Well we made a decision - a challenge for us! Exceed it is, Terra Rossa and hoping for the end of the week but more likely early next week. We will probably take the back seats out when we decide to head off on our lap of the country.

Comment

• littleriver
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2013
            • Queensland

Originally posted by Pander6 View Post
            Well we made a decision - a challenge for us! Exceed it is, Terra Rossa and hoping for the end of the week but more likely early next week. We will probably take the back seats out when we decide to head off on our lap of the country.
            Well done .. enjoy ... keep is updated with the trip and performance...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• DID Dash
              • Aug 2016
              • Australia

Pajero or Pajero Sport. I have agonized over both for a few weeks now, driving each twice.
              Top 3 things I like about Pajero: (owned gen 1,2,3 and 4 Pajero's in the past)
              Big unstressed 3.2L 4M41 diesel engine.
              Big open cabin and commanding view from drivers seat.
              Good old fashioned key start.
              Top 3 things I like about the Pajero Sport: (current vehicle, Challenger)
              Lift up tailgate, convenient as a sun shade, umbrella and easy access when trailer coupled.
              8 speed auto / deep low range ratio.
              Lots of my Challenger gear should bolt straight up.
              EOFY's prices were under 40K drive away for PS / 44.5K drive away for Pajero.
              Pulled the trigger on a Pajero Sport today. 17MY GLX, negotiated into the deal a factory towbar and electric brake harness, roof bars and rubber floor mats. Will install the King Springs and Pedders Cones out of the Challenger, know my spare set of Alloy Rims and A/T's bolt up, and suspect my custom rear storage system and factory bash plate will fit. Hope to pick it up later this week. If it is as reliable and comfortable as all of the 6 Mitsubishi 4WD's I have owned over the last 30 years, I am going to be a happy man. Can't wait for Friday.
              17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• dean
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2007

Have had my NM for just over 18 years.
                If I was buying to lug the family around I'd buy a Paj again.
                Had a look at both recently and the Paj is looking very dated and boring internally and externally compared to the Sport.
                For just the two of us it's going to be the Sport.
                Dean
                NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• erad
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Cooma NSW

I have never driven a Pajero Sport - mainly because I cannot safely see out of it around town. The roofline is too low on the sides and the windscreen rakes back so far that you could hide a B Double behind the A pillars and I would not see it. Yes - I could lower the seat a bit, but the thicker parts of the A pillars are still in the way. It is a pity, because I think that the PS has a lot to offer over the Pajero. Forward visibility and the smaller engine make the PS a non viable alternative to the Pajero for me.

Comment

• dean
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by erad View Post
                    I have never driven a Pajero Sport - mainly because I cannot safely see out of it around town. The roofline is too low on the sides and the windscreen rakes back so far that you could hide a B Double behind the A pillars and I would not see it. Yes - I could lower the seat a bit, but the thicker parts of the A pillars are still in the way. It is a pity, because I think that the PS has a lot to offer over the Pajero. Forward visibility and the smaller engine make the PS a non viable alternative to the Pajero for me.
                    Yes can't disagree with that...we have a 2017 smaller car and it's similar but you do get used to it.
                    Dean
                    NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• DID Dash
                      • Aug 2016
                      • Australia

Erad, agree your comments for visibility, Challenger with clear glass much better than Pajero Sport with swept D Pillars and privacy glass, but amazing what you get used to over time. Can manage in the work panel van with no windows and with 3 teenagers in the back seat of current car blocking the Rear view mirror.

Comment

• erad
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2015
                        • Cooma NSW

Originally posted by DID Dash View Post
                        Erad, agree your comments for visibility, Challenger with clear glass much better than Pajero Sport with swept D Pillars and privacy glass, but amazing what you get used to over time. Can manage in the work panel van with no windows and with 3 teenagers in the back seat of current car blocking the Rear view mirror.
                        My wife's car is a ZJ Outlander - the first of the latest body shell Forward visibility at intersections is abysmal. You could hide a B double behind the A pillar. The A pillars come right back almost past where I sit, and they create a massive blind spot. I think that the Pajero Sport is even worse than the Outlander. Mind you, Mazda BT50, Ford Ranger are even worse as far as I am concerned.

I am particularly careful at intersections, looking Right, then Left , then Right again and then Left again. Then I start to enter the intersection, but as I go through I do a final check both ways initially Right and then Left. Three times now I have not seen a car coming from the left,, and had it hit me, I would have been in the wrong. Each time, the offending car was a dark colour and was moving fast, but that counts for nothing when the brown stuff hits the whirring blades. I would still legally be wrong. The best thing as far as I am concerned is that I don't drive through that many intersections these days. Last weekend we were in Sydney and when we got out of that place, I am sure the seat was a lot browner - that place is insane. Why people live there is beyond me, but at least they are not coming into my territory (other than thousands of skiers every day), so I really cannot complain.

Comment

• Amok
                          • Dec 2016
                          • Sydney

Originally posted by erad View Post
                          My wife's car is a ZJ Outlander - the first of the latest body shell Forward visibility at intersections is abysmal. You could hide a B double behind the A pillar. The A pillars come right back almost past where I sit, and they create a massive blind spot. I think that the Pajero Sport is even worse than the Outlander. Mind you, Mazda BT50, Ford Ranger are even worse as far as I am concerned.
                          Interesting, I recently sold my NX Pajero and bought a ranger. I find the ford has better visibility past the A pillars than the Pajero. Maybe because my Pajero had dark weathershields that you couldn't see though.
                          MY17 NX GLX with too much cash blown on it

Comment

• DID Dash
                            • Aug 2016
                            • Australia

Picked up my Pajero Sport on Friday arvo. Friday evening had the false floor (straight bolt in from the Challenger) fridge slide and 12 volt wire in. Saturday morning saw some custom brkts made to mount the awning to the factory roof bars, and then the Challenger 17" rims on. Sat. arvo the son and I threw the swags in the back and headed for Salt Creek. Just home from 700km round trip taking in freeway, second class bitumen, dirt, a beach drive and a muddy run home. Couldn't be happier with it. Kings Springs improved the ride and load carrying, 8 speed auto is a thing of joy. No rubbing of guards with the 265/70R17 A/Ts even with 10mm of mud packed in. About 10.5L according to the fuel meter, will check when I fill tomorrow.

Comment

• gaz1
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2007
                              • Blue Mountains NSW

Originally posted by Amok View Post
                              Interesting, I recently sold my NX Pajero and bought a ranger. I find the ford has better visibility past the A pillars than the Pajero. Maybe because my Pajero had dark weathershields that you couldn't see though.
                              Agreed about the weathershields - my NT-VRX had them fitted when I got it, I find that I need to take a lot of care at intersections to be sure nothing is coming. I had a larger version on my previous NM, they had only a slight tint so didn't pose the same problem as those on the NT which are very dark tint. Like the side and rear windows other than front row - too dark I reckon.
                              2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                                Valued Member
                                • Aug 2014
                                • Wellington,New Zealand

looking what to buy ,any thing is on the table looking at everything from modding the Nt,buying a NX(is the current model still the nx,) fortuner,prado,76 or even a 200.
                                Drove a Pajero sport today.Quite impressed.Far far more refined ride than that of a challenger i drove when i bough the Pajero.The ride rivalled that of the Pajero but i must allow the Pajro has very well worn BFGs and has done over 200 ks.Was a vrx.It is the first time a salesman has ever spent anytime explaining all the mod cons!
                                The initial impressions were that the ride was nice,no rattles or squeaks(has 10000 ks on the clock).The auto is firm,changes are much more noticeable than on the Pajero,and whilst the motor is willing and the 8 spd helps the 3.2 def has more grunt.The paddle shifters are nice and the auto has quite good engine braking.The nvh is superior in the Pjero sport the engine is much quieter
                                When you first get in the cabin that huge central dash trim sweeps down into the cetral console.Seems quite clustrophobic at first but i didnt notice it after a very short while.
                                The only time i noticed an real inferiority was when i went over quite a sharp bump,the rear suspension was quite crude compared to the previous few minutes,you could sense the weight of the rear axle.I am now temted to see if I can drive some rougher/corrugated road s to see how it would go.
                                Overall i am impressed though
                                2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                                BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X