• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robin
    • Nov 2010
    • monbulk. vic

Brain drain

https://www.facebook.com/igotboggeda...3769193395440/ sorry about the idiot laughing
    Robin.
    Mods. After market cup holders. 4 After market weather shields from ebay that look and work great. No more messy hair NG 1989 V6 3Ltr. Super Wagon. Electric sun roof, cruise control, ashtrays and great seats and new motor.
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Robin View Post
    Wow!

Where to start?

Yes, as the laughing jackass stated, this is why it's important to use proper recovery points.

Having the bull bar come off like that could've had extremely nasty consequences - laughing like that kinda misses how serious the incident could easily have been.

Had the bull bar been properly mounted, there is no way it would've come off before the snatch strap failed. It scares the bejeezus out of me to think how many other 4wds are out there with such poorly mounted bull bars?

They're out there. They live and breathe amongst us.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2016
      • Greater Sydney

They're out there. They live and breathe amongst us.

and breed.

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2014
        • Wellington,New Zealand

and the fella filming it is too close too
        2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
        BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• erad
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Cooma NSW

At least the Patrol driver had not hooked the snatch strap onto the towball....

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Sydney

No dampener used either unless you consider a bull bar itself as a dampener.
            The Patrol took off like another sinkhole was forming.
            I wonder the rating of the strap used, perhaps an 11T?

I shouldn’t laugh but there’s just something about bogan dumbarsed stupidity. Priceless reaction from both drivers.
            NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• pharb
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Tyers,Vic

Happy to be corrected but was that a snatch strap or tow or winch extension strap?

Appears to have no give at all, and the bull bar didn't travel very far.

Bull bar came off as soon as strap went tight.

No stretch, hence no momentarily stored kinetic energy, hence bullbar didn't travel through Patrol's rear window.
              PCOV Member 1107.
              Daily driver NX GLX
              Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
              Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
              Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2014
                • Wellington,New Zealand

i think it just illustrates that the bullbar was just not well attached.The sound of it coming off was just a tinny little snap.A rated hook would probably not even have yielded
                2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X