• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

First thing would be check with multi meter the 12v line into rear of HU when in reverse I suppose.

Anyway good luck bud.
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• rodsfromday
      • Jul 2017
      • Kingaroy

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
      Just a final thought having looked at the digoptions link. In that link it has the Install guide in the Compatible Models section. Had a look at that and it says to connect the video cable (yellow plug) into CCD-IN socket on rear of HU. In you previous post you say you connected it to a seperate plug at rear to camera in.

Not sure if this is the problem but..............with you saying the HU screen goes off when selecting reverse indicates to me it is getting a signal through the positive wire activated from the reverse light wire but then isn't producing a picture, which leans me towards the video cable isn't in the correct plug at rear of HU.

Just a thoought mate
      Yeah it has another plug with a bunch of RCA's and stuff on. Yeah will have a look at that as well.
      If not I will be on the phone to them first thing Monday morning.

Comment

• rodsfromday
        • Jul 2017
        • Kingaroy

NS aftermarket stereo install

No luck with reverse camera. Tried all the different scenarios but nothing. Even hooked up another monitor I had. I think the video cable might be the problem. Will be on the phone to the supplier in the morning. Sonar sensor looks a like a wiring issue. Did some faultfinding and removed, what I thought was, dicky sensor. But looks like the wiring around that sensor playing up. With the sensor out of the circuit it works the way it should.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Last edited by rodsfromday; 17-09-17, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• aussieintas
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2013
          • Sorell, Tasmania

Sounds like you're getting there. Don't you hate electrics..........I do!!

Previously
          88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
          92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
          92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
          95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
          08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• rodsfromday
            • Jul 2017
            • Kingaroy

Sounds like you're getting there. Don't you hate electrics..........I do!!

Being a sparky i have always enjoyed it. I've always ever done my own installs from huge sound systems, many years ago now, to flashing led's and fancy stuff.But the cars are becoming more tricky now with all the electronics. I have done about 2 reverse cameras in my bmw's before with no issues.
            Very pedantic and always make sure all cables soldered and heat shrinked.
            Thanx for your assistance. Really appreciate it.

Comment

• aussieintas
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2013
              • Sorell, Tasmania

No worries

Previously
              88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
              92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
              92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
              95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
              08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• rodsfromday
                • Jul 2017
                • Kingaroy

Just a final update. DigOptions are sending me out new camera and cable. Think one of them faulty.
                Parking sensors While I had nothing do as everything else is done, I thought I would have a look again. And as you said, the simplest of a problem, well this is hilarious. The rear corner of the car was almost in line with the carport support pillar. The sonar sensor is about almost 90deg to it. I reversed the car a bit out and would you believe it all went very silent. I did not expect them to read at almost right angles!!! Happy days!!
                Thanx

Comment

• aussieintas
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • Sorell, Tasmania

Well bud that's about the best "simplest thing" I've heard in a while. I bet there was a bit of swearing

Glad they're sending you a new cable, hopefully all will be resolved.

Previously
                  88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                  92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                  92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                  95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                  08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• rodsfromday
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Kingaroy

Well bud that's about the best "simplest thing" I've heard in a while. I bet there was a bit of swearing

Glad they're sending you a new cable, hopefully all will be resolved.

Haha yeah it got quite animated. My wife came out a few times to see if I was still ok and if the car was intact.

Yes started stripping off all the panels again, removed old cable and just will wait now......

Comment

• aussieintas
                      Valued Member
                      • Feb 2013
                      • Sorell, Tasmania

Yep i reckon you would have done exactly what I'd do......swear shout throw some things around then just sit down and laugh!

I'm sure you've thought of it...........a quick plug in with new cable to test prior to final fitment?

Previously
                      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• rodsfromday
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Kingaroy

Yes definitely test first.....

Comment

• starjunk
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2011
                          • Sydney

When I put in my reverse camera, I got caught out thinking that when the HU gets a video signal it would switch to reverse cam automatically, but not so. Needed to hook up that little red cable too, and there was no wire to connectt to on the loom, as I used the can bus module loom... So I had to cut one of the wires from the can bus module to connect the reverse sense wire to, to make it all work. I found that very strange, but at least I got there in the end.
                          Oh, and reverse beepers!!! Mine have been wired with the incorrect plug it seems, so they only work with trailer attached instead of the other way round
                          I just jam a stick into the flap on the trailer plug to hold it open to make the sensors work!!! I hardly ever tow, so I'll just leave it for now. Until my stick falls out, at least
                          '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
                          '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
                          '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
                          '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

• Turtlee
                            • Apr 2013
                            • Western Australia

Update.
                            Received the headunit today postage was faster than I expected , they posted last
                            Friday 8th and received today from Hong Kong!! Usually it's a 2-3week wait even a month .
                            kudos to DHL express

First look looks good , I finished installing it today as well .
                            Steering functions still work took me awhile to figure out how
                            To set it up properly though .

Everything works perfectly radio , gps wifi etc. I haven't set it up properly yet
                            As ran out of day light . Will post pictures tomorrow .

PS only thing I didn't like was the top fascia part doesn't fit flush as it should
                            But it's barely noticeable anyway , and I didn't need to use the OEM mounting
                            Brackets because they wouldn't fit lol . But it's pretty stable and firm without it .

Regards Johny
                            Last edited by Turtlee; 18-09-17, 10:47 PM.
                            MY13 NW Pajero GLXR 3.2 Turbo Diesel
                            Bushskinz Sump & Intercooler plates , MM Alloy Bullbar , Safari Snorkel , Turbo Timer , Factory Rear Diff Lock , GME TX 3220 , HD Front & SD Rear 2" Lovells Springs, Hercules Terra Trac AT LT275/70/17 , Roley's rear skid plate , TC + RDL Mod , EGR blank , SPV Mod.

Comment

• aussieintas
                              Valued Member
                              • Feb 2013
                              • Sorell, Tasmania

Nice bud, how did you go with the freebie SD and removal tools, did they come with it?

My top fascia when i first installed was slightly out of whack. After i took the unit out again, had a bit of a fiddle it went back in pretty good. Dont know exactly what I did but might be worth a fiddle

Previously
                              88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                              92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                              92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                              95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                              08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Turtlee
                                • Apr 2013
                                • Western Australia

Only got a USB stick ..
                                Have another problem when trying to connect to car ECU
                                Through torque Bluetooth connects but the ECU can't read
                                It was working perfectly on my galaxy tab but not this head unit
                                ... any suggestions ?
                                MY13 NW Pajero GLXR 3.2 Turbo Diesel
                                Bushskinz Sump & Intercooler plates , MM Alloy Bullbar , Safari Snorkel , Turbo Timer , Factory Rear Diff Lock , GME TX 3220 , HD Front & SD Rear 2" Lovells Springs, Hercules Terra Trac AT LT275/70/17 , Roley's rear skid plate , TC + RDL Mod , EGR blank , SPV Mod.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X