• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LDV60
    • Aug 2009
    • Brisbane

Landcruiser Mountain Park

Hi everyone.
    My wife and I went on our first "camping" outing on the weekend.
    Went up to Landcruiser Park, near Jimna / Kilcoy, with some friends. (they've got an Amarok)
    We hired a camper trailer from Moreton Bay Camper Trailer Hire. Really nice unit. Good people.
    We went up on Saturday morning. Got there about 11am and set up and out on the trails by 11:30.
    It had been raining all day Friday so it was a bit damp and cold for the weekend.
    But we had a blast. We were amazed by our Paj again. Better still we amazed our friends too. (he's an off road driving instructor in the Army - usually teaches off road driving in Landies, G-wagons and Unimogs.)

Our Paj is a 2010 NT Activ. The only mods so far are Bushskinz cooler and sump guard and the HID lights.
    Here are some pics.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by LDV60; 26-06-13, 09:00 AM. Reason: Add car details
    2010 NT Activ 3.2. White. Non OEM Tow Bar and all the Activ goodies. 55w HIDs. Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards. ScanGuage. Safari Snorkel. Dobinsons Springs and Shocks. 5 watt Handheld UHF.

My other ride: Lexus IS250 X - in Red.
  • LDV60
    • Aug 2009
    • Brisbane

Some more pictures
    Attached Files
    2010 NT Activ 3.2. White. Non OEM Tow Bar and all the Activ goodies. 55w HIDs. Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards. ScanGuage. Safari Snorkel. Dobinsons Springs and Shocks. 5 watt Handheld UHF.

Comment

• LDV60
      • Aug 2009
      • Brisbane

The ground was pretty reasonable given the rain that had come down the day before.
      But it sure did make traction really hairy at some times.
      Attached Files

Comment

• GHendo
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2012
        • Northern NSW

Looks like you enjoyed yourself. What did the Camper Trailer cost you to hire, if it's not a rude question.

Cheers

Geoff
        03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• LDV60
          • Aug 2009
          • Brisbane

No worries.

$62 per night. 3 night minimum.

Was a really good unit. Heavy duty tent. Excellent towing manners.

Of course the Paj felt like it wasn't there most of the time.

Comment

• GHendo
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Northern NSW

That's pretty good actually - if you don't use one very often it is the way to go. It would also be a good way to trial a couple of different ones if you were thinking of purchasing.

I've been reading the article that came in the magazine that accompanied the latest 4WD Action - about soft or hard top campers. The hard tops sound easier and more comfortable for two or three people but I presume they are more expensive. Notice the one you hired is a soft top.

Cheers

Geoff
            03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• tomlola
              • May 2010
              • Brisbane

Nice water crossings The Amarok looks so much like a VW Golf with a long bumm on the last pic ;-)

I like the idea of renting a trailer. I will give it a go. $62/day is honest. Does it include the trailer insurance ? I will google those guys.
              NP MY05 DiD

Comment

• LDV60
                • Aug 2009
                • Brisbane

Can't say for sure if the insurance was included.
                We pay with our Platinum Visa which covers insurance excess and coverage on rental cars etc so we're not in the habit of even asking that anymore.
                We really liked the trailer. Was great space. Very clean. Almost brand new mattress. (we had to go for the Queen size bed)
                The smaller beds are lower price.
                You can also go the full off road campers too.
                We were really happy with the service and help from the MBCH.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X