• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

How to: NM/NP wheels on your Camper

Well I finally found the sketch I made on what needs to be modified in regards to hubs fitting 16" NM/NP alloys. My hubs are drum units, I've just drawn a non braked hub for the detail.

This is a slimline bearing hub. My hub nose was 58mm in diameter. Yours may vary. All that was required to fit the 6 spoke alloy was to have a spigot 53mm in dia x 5mm in length turned on the seal cap area. To fit the 5 spoke alloy, another reduction is required about 57 dia x 8mm in length. I didn't turn this second bit, but lightly linished the hub till the 5 spoker fit (it took nothing).

In addition, you will more than likely need a longer axle to accommodate for the paj's +40 wheel offset. This will all be dependent on your particular trailer. Of course, the center cap on the wheel needs to be removed to fit. This mod will save you having to linish out the inner of the mag. I would also suggest that you use a centric ring in the wheel (this is not a wheel spacer) if your using standard the standard lug nuts to minimise side loading on the studs and keep axial runout within specs.

Paj wheels on my trailer:

Regards,

Shane.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sharkcaver; 27-02-11, 04:57 PM.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • Cypher
    • Jul 2007
    • Perth

Want to do mine for me?
    NP VRX 2006 DID, Milford Cargo Barrier, 50mm lift, Dual Batteries, Uniden UHF, Tint, Helton shower system,TJM Bash Plates, Rhino bars and carrier.

Comment

• sharkcaver
      "2000"+ Valued Contributor
      • May 2009
      • Perth

No, but trailer parts will sell you new hubs and charge you about $30 for the extra machining. BTW, being M12 studs, the knurl is smaller in dia than the 1/2" landcruiser type, so you need to have custom drilling to suit. Forgot to mention this. And 12mm studs are twice the price of 1/2 ones

Shane.
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• NJ94
        Valued Member
        • May 2009
        • Melbourne East

Hi all and thanks fro the replies. I had another run in with the big 'C' so couldn't get back. The Hi Lux rims have a 110mm hole but the brake drum wheel locator on my trailer axle is 63mm. The hole in the Triton rim is 67mm. By my meagre reckoning the bloody thing should fit. I know the wheel studs are different and I have taken the drums off. I have electric brakes as well. So off the trailer, the Triton wheel fits the electric brake drum hub but I can't see the hilux studs through the wheel boss. Maybe I just need to get Triton wheel studs that will poke through and that will fix it? Thanks a lot for your posts.
        "We have two lives, and the second begins when we realise we have only one." Confucius (551-479 B.C.)

MN Triton GLX Plus, dual batteries, ARB winchbar, Airtec snorkel and 3T towbar. Love it!!

Comment

• Nab
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2012
          • Perth

Who's making the trailer? Looking great
          SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
          NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• RUGGA
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2014
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Nab View Post
            Who's making the trailer? Looking great
            This was nearly 6 years ago. I think Shark had a build thread about this project.
            02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Nab
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2012
              • Perth

Haha the thread dig got another victim
              SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
              NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• JAD
                • Jul 2017
                • South East Qld