Clear All
  • Hill
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Adelaide

Bencjk and Geo Paj

Most critical input to date.

I may need to modify my criteria.
    No brakes will certainly not stop us but could be fatal!

Repair kit seems a good idea.

When? Km?

Hill
    200 Series
    AOR Quantum 4

Comment

• benckj
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2017
      • Alexandra , New Zealand

The trouble is when HBB fails and system loses pressure you cannot operate brakes no matter how hard you push on petal. Unlike vacuum assist you are trying to push the fluid past a pump seal.

There is no service interval for this part as it’s dependent on how often brakes are used. My truck came from Tokyo and did mostly city miles. I received at 64km and my HBB failed at 97km. Most vechicles in this part of the world would probably last 200k plus. Only way to know condition is to pull motor apart and measure communicator.

Comment

• mgazdar
        • Jan 2012
        • UK, Saudi Arabia

Originally posted by benckj View Post
        First thing on my list would be the HBB motor. I got caught out on this one and many are failing now. Once it fails you lose brakes in a very short time and unlike a power vacuum system cannot even have limited hard braking. It takes time to figure out how much of the MC needs attention and then source parts. MM only sell complete units for around $3500

I wish I knew about this a couple of weeks ago. My trouble just started a couple of weeks ago one morning at 239k km. Waiting for the rebuild kit to arrive any day.

Comment

• wanderay
          • Feb 2012
          • Richmond NSW

Originally posted by Hill View Post
          Preventative Maintenance

I'd like some input from the Pajero Club brains trust re additional items I'm likely to attend to. eg

Wheel bearings - km ( im thinking 200-250k - happy to be told otherwise)
          Suction control valve (I'm thinking around 200k)
          What else?

Thanks in advance

Hill
          fyi
          We replaced both rear wheel bearings before 200k and one front axle rubber boot at about 200k and one injector fuel line after manifold clean. Otherwise just basic services.
          NT Pajero (white), Smartbar, Warn winch, LightForce Lights, Safari snorkel, Provent 200, Lovells MD with Aussie Ryder shocks, Optima main and Renogy lithium aux battery and 300w solar on roof with Victron 100/20 reg, Tvan Sport campertrailer.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X