• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lasse.b
    • Feb 2016
    • Norway

Things to consider when lifting?

I'm in the process of fitting a OME kit on my 2013 NW and i want to do it right. So i have a few thoughts regarding this and hope to get some feedback from you guys.

Headlights:

The Pajero have automatic hight adjusting headlamps. There is two sensors connected to the suspension arms one at the front and one at the rear. Do i have to adjust the linkages? Calibrate the sensors? Or do they just self adjust and all is good?

Brakes:

Is there any load sensing valve/sensor that need adjusting/calibrating?

Stabilizer bar/anti roll bar:

Will lifting the car generate tension in the roll bar? should i release the bar and re attach when the suspension has settled inn? Or will the bar just rotate slightly in the bushings and settle it self?

Shock absorber assembly:

Any parts in the shock absorber assembly that should be replaced when it's pulled apart? Rubber parts? bushings? bearings?

Alignment:

Any issues with getting the wheels aligned? Is there enough adjustment possibilities?

I hope this makes sense to you guys, English is not my first language And if there is any thing else i should consider when lifting please do tell
    2013 NW pajero
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

I fitted a Lovells/Bilstein combination springs and shock absorbers to my 2014NW. Did not need to alter or adjust anything. Had a wheel alignment done after about 50klms . It did need it. Pajero will tolerate a 40-50mm suspension lift but I wouldn't go anymore. Have since done 60,000klms with no issues what so ever. After fitting the shock absorbers...do the final tightening of them with the full weight of the car sitting on them on the ground...otherwise you may get a knocking noise coming from them if tightened whilst wheel off the ground.

Good luck.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• lasse.b
      • Feb 2016
      • Norway

Thanks for you feedback and the tips

Here in Norway you must have the car inspected by the road authority when doing certain vehicle modifications, lifting a car will require an roadworthy inspection. And they can be quite hard to please, so i want to be as prepared as i can be
      2013 NW pajero

Comment

• lasse.b
        • Feb 2016
        • Norway

Anyone?
        2013 NW pajero

Comment

• dbdb
          • Aug 2008
          • Adelaide Hills

Headlights
          Can't comment, I think only the exceed here has auto levelling lights.

Brakes:
          No adjustments needed

Stabilizer bar/anti roll bar:
          Don't need to do anything

Shocks:
          From memory use the bits that come with the replacements, and if they aren't there use the bits from the original. Maybe the rubber bushes

Alignment:
          Front, no problem, rear should be ok, make sure the camber adjustment isn't seized, there is just enough play usually.
          14 NW GLX-R automatic, dual battery, Icom 440 UHF, redarc tow pro, Bushskinz bash plates, light bar, Dobinsons suspension, HPD front mount intercooler, ARB bull bar and other stuff.
          04 NP GLX now gone

Pajero Service Manual link

Comment

• NFT5
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Canberra

Headlights: If your lift is even, front and rear, then the declination angle will not change. However, it is more common that the rear goes up a bit more than the front to enable higher carrying capacity and stop the rear from sagging. In such a case your headlights should be checked in both empty and loaded states to ensure that you stay within the tolerances for aim.

Headlights with automatic levelling do have a manual adjustment which can be used to override and provide an initial setting.

Brakes: As above, no changes necessary.

Shock absorbers: Make sure you use the correct units that come with the lift package. These will have the capacity for extended droop and won't limit the suspension's movement.

Stabiliser/anti-roll bar: As long as your lift is even side to side the bar will just rotate in its mounts. Again, no adjustment or change should be required.

Wheel alignment: A lift will change the wheel alignment by moving the control arms down and body up. This does need to be compensated for. Make sure that both front and rear are done.
            Chris

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X