• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richardl
    • Apr 2010
    • Melbourne Victoria Australia

Jeep Wrangler 2019 Euro NCAP 1 star rating

Euro NCAP safety rating of the Jeep Wrangler: detailed results, crash test pictures, videos and comments from experts

Drive in one if you dare!
  • dhula
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • South of Perth

There are some vids on utube of NCAP crash tests for the JL. It's interesting to compare them to similar vids of the Gen4 Paj doing the same thing. As a very untrained observer, the JL seams to get out of it looking better than the Paj IMO
    2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
    2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by dhula View Post
      There are some vids on utube of NCAP crash tests for the JL. It's interesting to compare them to similar vids of the Gen4 Paj doing the same thing. As a very untrained observer, the JL seams to get out of it looking better than the Paj IMO
      Gen 4-3 onwards is a 5 star ANCAP rating.

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2016
        • Greater Sydney

If the add ons for sore called Automatic Electronic Safety devices They can have them.

Safety Assist 32%.

Comment

• dhula
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • South of Perth

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
          Gen 4-3 onwards is a 5 star ANCAP rating.

OJ.

The ANCAP rating for the Gen4 Paj is based on 2011 tests/data which is the same year the vids for the Paj that I watched are based. When comparing the JL vids with the Paj vids, the Paj looks to come out of it worse than the JL did. I have not idea if it actually does or not, it just looks that way to me

Interestingly the JK gets a 4 star rating from ANCAP based on 2012 tests/data http://www.ancap.com.au/safety-ratin...rangler/a661ee so I reckon it'll be interesting to see how the JL fares when it's turn under the ANCAP banner comes up.
          2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
          2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

When comparing the JL vids with the Paj vids, the Paj looks to come out of it worse than the JL did. I have not idea if it actually does or not, it just looks that way to me.
            It quite possibly did. The Safety Rating agencies are interested in how the passengers fare, not the vehicle.
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• M@S@
              • Sep 2007

The ANCAP rating for the Gen4 Paj is based on 2011 tests/data which is the same year the vids for the Paj that I watched are based. When comparing the JL vids with the Paj vids, the Paj looks to come out of it worse than the JL did. I have not idea if it actually does or not, it just looks that way to me

Interestingly the JK gets a 4 star rating from ANCAP based on 2012 tests/data http://www.ancap.com.au/safety-ratin...rangler/a661ee so I reckon it'll be interesting to see how the JL fares when it's turn under the ANCAP banner comes up.
              The test and safety is not only about how the car looks, but to what kind of forces the people inside the car are subjected to, what kind of hit their body parts take, etc.

That is why the car and the crash test dummies inside the car have a lot of sensors, which measure these things very accurately.

Modern cars have crumble zones that are supposed to collapse, because that gives more time for the car to stop smoothly, and thus reduces the forces acting on the people inside the car. By other words, ideal car is not a brick that doesn't flex at all, but soft from the front, solid from the cabin area.

In the other hand comparing old result to 2019 result is not fair either, because newer tests are more difficult; In newer tests there is higher requirements for standard safety equipment to obtain certain amount of stars. Test results from the same year or nearly same year are more comparable.
              Last edited by M@S@; 24-01-20, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X