• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hatto
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2013
    • Mandurah WA

Ahh, so that one looks the goods. A cap to seal it. By the sounds of it you can only remove it using tools. Not a big deal though as how often do you use a Jerry can.
    Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
    ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

Gday steve,

Sorry to hear of the mishap, any news back yet?

I mentioned to the wife about what occured to you and the story. After a short time she says " Are you telling me because you think I'll do it?"

I didnt have the heart to tell her the truth.
      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• geopaj
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
        I mentioned to the wife about what occured to you and the story. After a short time she says " Are you telling me because you think I'll do it?"

I didnt have the heart to tell her the truth.
        There’s a bit of a theme here... I also had a similar discussion with my wife too
        Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• aussieintas
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2013
          • Sorell, Tasmania

Haha......we're all that little bit worried!!

Previously
          88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
          92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
          92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
          95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
          08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• kerway
            • Aug 2010
            • North West Sydney

I don't think I'll ever have to worry about my wife putting the wrong fuel in. I'm sure she hasn't put fuel in a car since 1998 when we moved in together . Mind you she hasn't washed a car since then either .
            NW CoolSilver with things bolted on it. Some better than others

Comment

• stevemc181
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • Thornlie/Perth

I received a call from the insurer this morning advising me they have accepted the claim and Mitsubishi will go ahead with repairs. I asked what was being done and they said it’s a full flush/filters etc as no damage to the pump or injectors is evident. I expected as much and probably could have done the flush myself, but just couldn’t take the risk of there being major damage to the pump etc.

I’m away on a trip at the moment, so not exactly sure of the final bill, but max it will cost me, is the excess of $500, and some pain come renewal time.
              Last edited by stevemc181; 27-03-18, 05:10 PM.
              2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
              3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• spot01
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2011
                • Adelaide

You guys are brave - imagine if YOU then accidentally mis-fuelled it after that discussion! A potential lifetime of grief might ensue..................I think the cap OJ suggested might be very cheap insurance, in more ways than one!
                Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• spot01
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                  I received a call from the insurer this morning advising me they have accepted the claim and Mitsubishi will go ahead with repairs. I asked what was being done and they said it’s a full flush/filters etc as no damage to the pump or injectors is evident. I expected as much and probably could have done the flush myself, but just couldn’t take the risk of their being major damage to the pump etc.

I’m away on a trip at the moment, so not exactly sure of the final bill, but max it will cost me, is the excess of $500, and some pain come renewal time.
                  Thats a relief! Looks like the lower concentration may have saved the day?

The insurer may ask you to sign a "no further claims" clause in relation to this claim, which I would try to avoid or at least get them to agree to cover any other damage that may become apparent as a result of this incident/claim (they would probably want a time limit though).
                  Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• aussieintas
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • Sorell, Tasmania

Glad it's turned out good Steve.

Previously
                    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• stevemc181
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2012
                      • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                      Thats a relief! Looks like the lower concentration may have saved the day?

The insurer may ask you to sign a "no further claims" clause in relation to this claim, which I would try to avoid or at least get them to agree to cover any other damage that may become apparent as a result of this incident/claim (they would probably want a time limit though).
                      They never mentioned it on the phone, just said MM would be in contact and to just pay the excess to MM when I pick it up
                      Yep, I’d say there was enough lubricating qualities left in the fuel mix to avoid damage!
                      2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• erad
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2015
                        • Cooma NSW

Originally posted by kerway View Post
                        I don't think I'll ever have to worry about my wife putting the wrong fuel in. I'm sure she hasn't put fuel in a car since 1998 when we moved in together . Mind you she hasn't washed a car since then either .
                        Same here! I cannot remember the last time my wife put fuel in a car - it was a long time ago. At least with our setup, I have the diesel, she has petrol, and she doesn't like driving the diesel (it is too heavy to steer compared to her Outlander).

As for washing the car, we take it in turns to wash the car, except that it is always my turn to wash the cars. I don't know how that one works for her,but it does....

Comment

• stevemc181
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2012
                          • Thornlie/Perth

The Paj is back home once again and all seems to be good, The cost of the whole exercise at MM was $762.55 for a cleanout and flush of the tank and lines, new filter, SQL and also an injector service to apparently clean the fuel rail and correct the injector spray? I'm not sure what gizmo they hook up to do this, but they call it "Injector Max Service Equipment"

Anyway the bottom line is all up with towing, the bill would have been around the $950-$1000 mark, but only cost us the insurance excess of $500 with RAC. I had my son pick up the Paj yesterday and he never had to sign anything regarding 'No further claims etc'. So hopefully all is good and we don't have any issues down the track!
                          Now, I need to send the missus down to refuel it at the servo.

Comment

• Dicko1
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2014
                            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                            The Paj is back home once again and all seems to be good, The cost of the whole exercise at MM was $762.55 for a cleanout and flush of the tank and lines, new filter, SQL and also an injector service to apparently clean the fuel rail and correct the injector spray? I'm not sure what gizmo they hook up to do this, but they call it "Injector Max Service Equipment"

Anyway the bottom line is all up with towing, the bill would have been around the $950-$1000 mark, but only cost us the insurance excess of $500 with RAC. I had my son pick up the Paj yesterday and he never had to sign anything regarding 'No further claims etc'. So hopefully all is good and we don't have any issues down the track!
                            Now, I need to send the missus down to refuel it at the servo.
                            Your game!!!!
                            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Hatto
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2013
                              • Mandurah WA

Surely she wouldn't do it again.
                              Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                              ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• stevemc181
                                Valued Member
                                • Sep 2012
                                • Thornlie/Perth

Looking at the dual tank filler, I don’t think any of the available fuel specific cap options would suit. I don’t think they would give enough wiggle room to get the nozzle where it needs to go?

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                                Your game!!!!
                                Yes, I like to live life dangerously

Originally posted by 0415discog View Post
                                Surely she wouldn't do it again.
                                Let’s hope not!
                                Last edited by stevemc181; 30-03-18, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X