• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richo2002
    • Jan 2019
    • Perth

89 SWB 2.5td

Hey everyone.
    Been lurking the forums lately plenty of good Info around. Not very familiar with the pajeros but just got a run around. Basically so the dogs stop ruining the good car or the work van haha.

So far I've fixed a few things. Drivers window motor was slightly siezed up, had to repair main drivers window switch. ( I've quickly realised sourcing parts for the import models is difficult) vehicle accessories fuse kept blowing also which was just a bare wire behind head unit.

Next thing to sort
    Needs all fluids redone.
    Speedo needle flickers. Any thoughts on this? Do these run mechanical Speedo cable?
    Also having trouble with the 4th gear/overdrive. Not a huge issue as I rarely get over 70 but would like it fixed. Have read heaps of info regarding this, was a bit overwhelming on where to start, suggestions welcome. I started looking for the temp sensors as from what I read it won't engage unless at certain temp?? Have located a two wire and a single wire sort of below Intercooler area.

Thanks!
  • Jeffrey
    • Feb 2015
    • Pinjarra WA

Speedo

Hi, I had problems with both my speedo and tacho so I took out the whole cluster and had the lot repaired for $200 which I thought was reasonable as another thieving swine wanted $1000, and at the time everybody must have thought that everyone in WA was on a $150,000.

Comment

• Richo2002
      • Jan 2019
      • Perth

Originally posted by Jeffrey View Post
      Hi, I had problems with both my speedo and tacho so I took out the whole cluster and had the lot repaired for $200 which I thought was reasonable as another thieving swine wanted $1000, and at the time everybody must have thought that everyone in WA was on a $150,000.
      Haha I don't know where some people get there prices. I'll prolly check it out myself first. Where did you get your cluster repaired.

Comment

• TomW
        • Mar 2017
        • Melbourne

The transmission 4th gear / overdrive (at least on the petrol) is controlled by a temperature switch which inhibits 4th gear until the engine reaches a pre set temperature. On the petrol it is this sensor:

However it may look different on the diesel, possibly post a photo of the sensors you have?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X