• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jimmyp
    • Jul 2020
    • perth

2005 NP pajero serpentine belt

Hi, first post hope its ok. I have owned the same toyota 4runner for 20years (the only thing that is digital is the clock!) but i feel like i have done something wrong by buying a pajero! or it is my fear of technology! its a 2005 NP exceed 3.8 6g75.

Got a few check lights popping up and going away but Ill research those and get to them another day, I have to address the serpentine belt first as it is squealing.

Wondering if anyone can help regarding the tensioning of the belt? it looks like an automatic tensioner? It sounds like a belt squeal so if i could tension it that would be job done.
    No expert by a longshot but any help would be appreciated. I did have a search but didnt see anything specific and hoping no one makes a total fool of me by bringing an old post up!

Thanks
  • Two Emms
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2020
    • Mansfield, Vic

Welcome to the forum jimmyp

No one here will make a fool of you. You asked for help so that's what you will get.

I can't help with the belt squeal, not familiar with the NP, sorry. At the risk of sounding rude, try spraying a bit of water on the belt to make sure it's slipping and not a squealing bearing.

Good luck with it
    2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2016
      • Greater Sydney

Tensioner?

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011
        • Adelaide, South Australia.

See pages 11A5 & 11A6.

OJ.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Jimmyp
          • Jul 2020
          • perth

Thanks, gave it a squirt and the squeal went away for a little while so assumed it was the belt.

im guessing (havent read link yet- thanks Old Jack) that you cant manually tighten it and the tensioner could be shot.

thanks for the help will read link now
          edit; great info in there cheers
          Last edited by Jimmyp; 08-08-20, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Stoic
            • Oct 2019
            • Narrandera

On my 2004 NP the serpentine belt snapped, luckily it was only a k' from home, the auto tensioner had seized which was the cause of it all, when I took a look there is an idler wheel at the top of the engine that was wobbly so I got a new tensioner and idler on ebay from Queensland for about $60, arrived here in the bush in a couple of days, installed it with a new belt and all is well.

As to the warning lights I got an OBD reader also from ebay for $30 and its paid for itself a few times, I made the mistake of getting a K&N oil filter instead of a stock one and it upset the MAF system, got a spray can of cleaner and did an oil change with a stock filter and was able to fix all the associated problems such as lots of warning lights and hunting at idle, now it runs like a Swiss watch @ 245,000 k, hope that this helps.

Cheers.

Comment

• Jimmyp
              • Jul 2020
              • perth

Thanks mate, good to know. Changed the belt and all seems good, the tensioner seemed ok but my idler is a bit wobbly so will change that soon.
              I think my check engine light wire has been snipped somewhere and the two anti skid lights come on after a little bit of driving. still researching it, but I may put up another post about it.

Ill be getting a reader asap and will give the maf sensor a spray.

cheers

Comment

• Stoic
                • Oct 2019
                • Narrandera

The anti skid lights were on in mine due to the MAF.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X