• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

SSTT tour #2 Shayne's Find

Just after the inaugural tour, another one was undertaken. This time a 9 dayer out into the Great Victoria Desert.

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • 1533rl
    • Jun 2007
    • armadale wa

SSTT tour #2 Shayne's Find

Great vid, we live in a great country. Nice new sign on the back of the ute, tax deduction maybe !! Offset the enormous cost of paying punters to risk their lives out in the bush with you !!
    Getting smarter too, Nickles Knob by drone instead of sandals, and there's a reason your geocache was undisturbed - you're the only mad bugger that goes out there.
    Cheers
    Peter

Comment

• sharkcaver
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Originally posted by 1533rl View Post
      Great vid, we live in a great country. Nice new sign on the back of the ute, tax deduction maybe !! Offset the enormous cost of paying punters to risk their lives out in the bush with you !!
      Getting smarter too, Nickles Knob by drone instead of sandals, and there's a reason your geocache was undisturbed - you're the only mad bugger that goes out there.
      Cheers
      Peter
      pretty much lol to all of that

I do need to go back again, but have a dodgy ankle atm, maybe next season??
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Onslow
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2007
        • Perth, Western Australia

I've just spent two weeks out there myself Shane. Had permits but weren't allowed to go through indigenous communities due to Covid. We carried all our own fuel and water for two weeks exploring! An exceptional place with much to see - will be going back. Great vid mate.
        NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

• 1533rl
          • Jun 2007
          • armadale wa

SSTT tour #2

I stand corrected - there are two mad buggers

Cheers
          Peter

Comment

• sharkcaver
            • May 2009
            • Perth

Originally posted by Onslow View Post
            I've just spent two weeks out there myself Shane. Had permits but weren't allowed to go through indigenous communities due to Covid. We carried all our own fuel and water for two weeks exploring! An exceptional place with much to see - will be going back. Great vid mate.
            Nice one Onslow, I saw you were out there on insta. Pity about the communities though, you should be able to transit if not stopping or leaving the vehicle

155rl, make that 3 mad buggers. I just decided with John from that trip, we are going back to Shayne's find on the 24th.....hahah, suckers...

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
              • May 2009
              • Perth

God damn, I'm going to be busy.

I now have 2 months off work from the 17th August. Going back to Shayne's find (as above), probably hit the Pilbara for 3-4 weeks after that, I still have to finish the tour #2 video and I have 2 articles to write - One for Western 4wd'er mag and the second for the first edition of it's sister companion, Australian 4WDriver.

Still beats working

My Journeys

Comment

• Garc
                • May 2015
                • Perth

Better be careful Shayne. There’s a YouTube bloke of the same name with a long advert for trips like yours. His look more organised though. 😉
                Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

Originally posted by Garc View Post
                  Better be careful Shayne. There’s a YouTube bloke of the same name with a long advert for trips like yours. His look more organised though. 😉
                  Its hard being an influencer....everyone wants to copy your stuff

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                    • May 2009
                    • Perth

The SSTT concludes with the naming of a new site. I must have found enough bullets, wire, nails and horseshoes now:

Thank goodness for that, it took me long enough.....

My Journeys

Comment

• littleriver
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • Queensland

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                      The SSTT concludes with the naming of a new site. I must have found enough bullets, wire, nails and horseshoes now:

Thank goodness for that, it took me long enough.....
                      The efforts pay off .. and your clips make us all want to get out there .. the new drone takes amazing shots

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• sharkcaver
                        • May 2009
                        • Perth

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                        The efforts pay off .. and your clips make us all want to get out there .. the new drone takes amazing shots

Thanks mate, I feel for all those in lockdown. I hope it is over for those sooner rather than later.

Did I mention Clive is a fat____

BTW, the air2 hasn't gone on tour yet, the above is still with sparky

My Journeys

Comment

• 1533rl
                          • Jun 2007
                          • armadale wa

Sstt #2

Another great vid, fantastic sound track on this one too. Always thought your nuggets were on the small size
                          Cheers
                          Peter

Comment

• sharkcaver
                            • May 2009
                            • Perth

Originally posted by 1533rl View Post
                            Always thought your nuggets were on the small size
                            Cheers
                            Peter

Hey!....I'm working on that.....Friday next week in fact, back to Shaynes Find.

My Journeys

Comment

• Dicko1
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2014
                              • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                              Thanks mate, I feel for all those in lockdown. I hope it is over for those sooner rather than later.

Did I mention Clive is a fat____

BTW, the air2 hasn't gone on tour yet, the above is still with sparky
                              Clive is not a big fat..... Thats an insult to big fat .....!

Good vid,s again sharkey. Your livin the dream alright. Still happy with the Isuzu. Do it while you can mate...Clives after the state for $30 billion...he,s our answer to trump!!
                              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X