• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 06PAJ
    • May 2017
    • Brissy

KINGS Vac Seal

Anyone using the Kings brand Vac Sealer ?
    For the price im looking to order one today

Seem to be able to get 290mm rolls on eBay no problem for later too
    2006 NS V6 EXCEED - SOLD
    2014 NW 3.2L VRX
    Wetseat Covers, Kings 9" LED driving lights
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

If you want to take it away you need a 12v/240v unit. Aldi had some normal 240v units in a recent catalogue too and reports on those have been OK. Not sure about Kings.
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• ticky
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2015
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
      If you want to take it away you need a 12v/240v unit. Aldi had some normal 240v units in a recent catalogue too and reports on those have been OK. Not sure about Kings.
      I got the Aldi one. Havent used it much, but so far, it works a treat. I think it was about $50 or $60.

Steve
      2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• johndavis125262
        • Apr 2013
        • brisbane

I've had a couple of these I'm now using Aldi 1 ;; can buy rolls of there bags when on sale $15 .. love it for leftovers I think dometic have the 12v / 240 v

Comment

• razor
          • Nov 2014
          • Lewiston

I used it for the club trip in January to the high country plus a week after that. I had about 15 separate bags in my fridge. All sitting in the bottom of the fridge and I had one bag get air in it. It didn't leak though
          Previously: 2002 NM Pajero 3.2 DiD.
          NS Pajero Manual with mods

Silver NT Platinum. Long ranger sub tank, Dobinsons IMS 2" lift, Custom lightweight storage system, dual battery system with DCS 75ah lithium and redarc bcdc1250, full bash plates, bullbar, winch

"If you cant beat them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit"

Comment

• Ian H
            Valued Member
            • May 2015
            • Melbourne

Originally posted by johndavis125262 View Post
            I think dometic have the 12v / 240 v
            Yep, that's the one we have and it works well. It's very handy being 12v when on a long trip. I've seen themn as high as $199 and as low as about $140 I think.
            2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Silver Bullet
              • Dec 2016
              • Gold Coast

How is the current draw? Could you get an AC version & a small inverter for the same money?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

240 volt one uses about 11-15 amps from a 12 volt inverter. Normally you only use them for a short period so if you already have one then an inverter may be the answer.
                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• MELONHEAD
                  • Apr 2010
                  • Curlewis NSW

Australian Direct have a 12 volt vacuum sealer for about $100 I think. I recently bought an 80 litre Kickass fridge from them and it is a beaut. The vacuum sealers should just about be in stock I think from memory. I will be getting one.
                  2010 NT RX diesel manual, bushskinz intercooler + sump guards, factory alloy bulbar, GME TX3400 UHF, Donaldson secondary fuel filter, Bilstein/Kings/Polyair lift, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/17.
                  1998 NL GLS V6 auto LWB with ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, ALDI 9500lb winch, ARB onboard compressor, Hankook Dynapro AT/M 265/70/16s.

Comment

• Ian H
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2015
                    • Melbourne

Yes they are around the $100 mark but they are 12v only. The Dometic runs on both 240v and 12v but I suppose you could get a transformer for the 12v model.

Comment

• dhula
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2012
                      • South of Perth

Doesn't exactly answer the OP but we got ourselves a Kmart vac sealer yesterday for $59. Went the Kmart option as I can take it back to a shop if it's dead instead of having to send it to someone and having to wait.
                      Notice SCA do one for about the same price as 4wdsupacentre but they are not available in store in WA, only online for us.
                      Got the vac sealer as we want to start pre preping meals for camping instead of lugging all the crap to make it while out there.
                      Have used the vac sealer about 20 times so far and it seams to work as it should. Might add we are vac sealer virgins so youtube has been helpful.
                      2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
                      2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X