• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Autophix Australia
    • Aug 2020
    • Werribee

Hi to all !

Just an introduction here and great to be part of your community.
    Autophix Australia is based in Melbourne, Victoria. A passion for automotive and 4wd and a career in the industry for over 20 years has led company director Trevor Ryan to make fault finding for your vehicle an easy DIY task.

“I was caught in the middle of Australia and my car went into limp mode. I had no way of checking what was wrong”

After having a major vehicle malfunction in the middle of Australia with no easy tool to diagnose the problem, Trev went on a quest to bring a DIY diagnostic tool to the Australian Automotive industry.
    The Autophix Australia range of OBDII scanning tools has now made this a reality. With a variety of features available, there is a unit to suit all experience levels. From wireless Bluetooth scanners to fully-fledged workshop grade units, our product range will have a model to suit you.
    Autophix OBD2 Scanners scan through all available ECU protocols in most vehicles built after 1996.
    You can order through our website and be assured of prompt service
    Looking to buy car scanner tools in Australia? We have wide range of all types of automotive code reader tools for all types of models & cars. Shop online today.
    Last edited by Autophix Australia; 30-08-20, 06:49 PM.
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Hello Autophix, welcome to the forum.

In the Mitsubishi world, most functions beyond standard OBDII stuff requires a Mitsubishi MUT-3, or something compatible.

There are a range of MUT-3 clones that (anecdotally) may or may not work, and a variety of other devices that fall between the basic OBDII device and the genuine MUT-3 (in terms of what they can and cannot do).

With this in mind, can you recommend a model from your range that will do more for our typical Mitsubishi-owning forum member than the ubiquitous code scanner / monitor?
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• GHendo
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Northern NSW

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
      Hello Autophix, welcome to the forum. ... can you recommend a model from your range that will do more for our typical Mitsubishi-owning forum member than the ubiquitous code scanner / monitor?
      x2

Geoff
      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• stumagoo
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2014
        • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
        Hello Autophix, welcome to the forum.

In the Mitsubishi world, most functions beyond standard OBDII stuff requires a Mitsubishi MUT-3, or something compatible.

There are a range of MUT-3 clones that (anecdotally) may or may not work, and a variety of other devices that fall between the basic OBDII device and the genuine MUT-3 (in terms of what they can and cannot do).

With this in mind, can you recommend a model from your range that will do more for our typical Mitsubishi-owning forum member than the ubiquitous code scanner / monitor?

I suspect this is originally a US based item - over there OBD2 is mandatory from 96 or so on.

here and the rest of the world Pajero's only went OBD2 on NP3.8's and newer (NS diesel I believe was the diesel change over) Prior to that its all Mutt protocol and no OBD2 scanner works.

Unless this is a scanner like big foxconn or snapon that support OBD1 (proprietry protocols) units it is probably only OBD2 compliant and as such will only work on the newer vehicles.
        1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
        *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
        1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• Pickle
          Administrator
          • Jun 2007
          • All over Oz

Cheers for the goodies today. Plenty of toys to play with now. And great service as well
          Dave Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20211111115152.jpg
Views:	1008
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	1095294 Click image for larger version

Views:	621
ID:	1095295
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Two Emms
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2020
            • Mansfield, Vic

ooohh, jellybeans!
            2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• Pickle
              Administrator
              • Jun 2007
              • All over Oz

Originally posted by Two Emms View Post
              ooohh, jellybeans!
              The most important items....and freebies
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Lakey
                • Apr 2012
                • Brisbane

Guys I’m looking to buy an OUTBACK 9000 OBD2 scanner. Emailed Sales a couple of times now with this question but no response and just realised you have a presence here also, so...

Unfortunately the cars getting a bit old and starting to have a few minor wiring connection issues that I need to be able to clear when in some fairly remote places.

Before I do however I’d like to confirm that this scanner will clear ALL code Classes (including Body, Chassis and Network classes) not just Powertrain codes?

Cheers
                G
                Cheers
                Lakey

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2016
                  • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by Lakey View Post
                  Guys I’m looking to buy an OUTBACK 9000 OBD2 scanner. Emailed Sales a couple of times now with this question but no response and just realised you have a presence here also, so...

Unfortunately the cars getting a bit old and starting to have a few minor wiring connection issues that I need to be able to clear when in some fairly remote places.

Before I do however I’d like to confirm that this scanner will clear ALL code Classes (including Body, Chassis and Network classes) not just Powertrain codes?

Cheers
                  G
                  Looks like Autophix Australia is a waste of time mate. They put up one post in August 2020. Two people asked them questions and Autophix Australia didn't reply as they haven't replied to you. Save your money and frustration and go elsewhere.

Comment

• Scooby
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2011
                    • Ipswich, Qld.

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                    Cheers for the goodies today. Plenty of toys to play with now. And great service as well
                    Dave Click image for larger version

Views:	1008
ID:	1095294 Click image for larger version

Views:	621
ID:	1095295
                    Hi Dave,

How is the Autophix going for you.
                    How about a review?
                    Sorry if already done.

Cheers,
                    Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.

Comment

• JustanotherPJ
                      • Dec 2022
                      • Tenterfield Nsw

Might want to share the 'off road jelly beans' Too Dave

They are handy when you break down in the bush and the code reader has no idea whats wrong
                      3.2 Diesel Auto, MY14, custom 6mm alloy bash plates sump to transfer case, egr blank with small hole, ryco prefilter, duel batteries, factory diff lock, front and rear light bars, faulken wildpeaks...

03 Pa Challenger 3L Petrol, semi retired converted fire truck

Comment

• Pickle
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2007
                        • All over Oz

Originally posted by Scooby View Post

Hi Dave,

How is the Autophix going for you.
                        How about a review?
                        Sorry if already done.

Cheers,
                        Used it twice in anger for the dreaded flashing nuetral light from a crap OBD reader. Worked both times but haven't had to use for anything else yet. It will do what it states but trouble is the Paj is too reliable.
                        Dave
                        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X