Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Do It Yourself Projects

Do It Yourself Projects Anything that you have made up yourself. Rear storage systems etc

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-20

Default Gen4 NW Yet another 'card holder switches' thread

I thought I'd do something a little different with my card holder. After having an NJ with a million ARB carling switches and other gadgets, I'm trying to keep the NW a little tidier.

Whilst pulling apart the dash to fit Vlad's TC Loom Mod, I modified the card holder to accept 6x 12v rocker switches. Same style as these but I bought them on eBay, 10x for $13. I ordered red but ended up with blue, oh well.
https://www.jaycar.com.au/30a-12vdc-...witch/p/SK0955

For the pocket, I attempted to design & 3D print a bracket using TinkerCAD. I'm hopeless with 3D design but it kinda worked. I had to drill out the holes and file the back corners as the factory pocket tapers inwards. It was faster for me to do that, than redesign & reprint. With a bit of pushing & shoving, it fit!
mount.jpg2.testfit.jpg3.switches.jpg

The 'card holder' was cut with a hacksaw and then filed until I could fit 2 switches in horizontally. I also needed to file the short ends of the switch to make them fit. I made a quick backing plate from some scrap wood & painted it black, then hot glued the lot into place.
These two operate the traction control.
4.pocket.jpg
Now I have 6 hidden switches

5.hidden.jpg6.finished.jpg

At this stage they will probably operate HID spotlights, maybe a light bar, rear & side worklights.

Hope this helps someone else with their build!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.dash.jpg (81.1 KB, 101 views)
2013 NW GLX. 268,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar | Boo's bashplates | 4x4 Tough (Aldi) Winch | Underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator | D697 265/70r17 | Rhino tracks & vortex bars | DIY rear drawers | Waeco CF40 | 60L water bladder | 2.5m awning | Vlad TC mod | UH8060.
--SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II