• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike DiD
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007

NS Security Alarm

At long last the Pajero has a Security Alarm fitted - but it's not activated on delivery normally.

If the Alarm is activated, then a red light will flash at the front centre of the dash after you press the Lock button.

To enable/disable the Security Alarm -
    1. Open the Drivers door.
    2. Remove the key from the lock
    3. Pull and hold the Windscreen Wiper lever towards you
    4. After 10 seconds it will beep - wait for it to stop
    5. Press Unlock on the Key Remote.
    6. One beep indicates the Alarm is disabled, three beeps indicate the Alarm is enabled.
    7. Press Unlock again to change the state.
    8. Let go the Windscreen wiper lever.

The alarm will trigger if the bonnet is opened, or if the doors are opened without using the Unlock Remote
    Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.
  • Scar
    • Aug 2007

Is it just me, or is this the lamest attempt at making a sound with an alarm.

I enabled my alarm shortly after I recieved the car however was underwhelmed with the sound generated. I think I need to add Air horns to make some decent noise.
    Kudos to MM for actually adding the alarm. I think the flashing light is probably more of a deterrent than the small noise made when it actually goes off.

Just my thoughts,

Jason.

Comment

• freddysolar
      • Aug 2007
      • Bribie Island, Queensland

Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
      At long last the Pajero has a Security Alarm fitted - but it's not activated on delivery normally.

If the Alarm is activated, then a red light will flash at the front centre of the dash after you press the Lock button.

To enable/disable the Security Alarm -
      1. Open the Drivers door.
      2. Remove the key from the lock
      3. Pull and hold the Windscreen Wiper lever towards you
      4. After 10 seconds it will beep - wait for it to stop
      5. Press Unlock on the Key Remote.
      6. One beep indicates the Alarm is disabled, three beeps indicate the Alarm is enabled.
      7. Press Unlock again to change the state.
      8. Let go the Windscreen wiper lever.

The alarm will trigger if the bonnet is opened, or if the doors are opened without using the Unlock Remote
      Cripes......
      I have difficulty with my TV remote control!
      What next do I have to learn to operate/safeguard my new vehicle?
      No wonder I like to go for a spin in my Morgan (my other 'non-sensible' car).
      Fred.
      NS Exceed DiD, 08/2007 build, Hayman Reece Towbar & Hitch, Tekonsha Voyager brake controller, GME TX3440 UHF, TJM dual battery tray, TJM 0321BSKIT dual battery Controller, Supercharge deep cycle/starting capability second battery, Milford rear cargo barrier, ECB alloy bullbar.

Comment

• Para Ordnance
        • Jul 2007

Good to see pre-delivery halfwits are still not activating the alarms on the Pajeros like they are meant to. It's in the check sheet for the PD check of things which need to be carried out. Then again, you pay peanuts, you get..........

Comment

• Mike DiD
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Scar View Post
          Is it just me, or is this the lamest attempt at making a sound with an alarm.

I enabled my alarm shortly after I recieved the car however was underwhelmed with the sound generated. I think I need to add Air horns to make some decent noise.
          Jason.
          The alarm horn is located near the ABS unit and it would be easy to replace it with another horn, or add a relay to drive air horns.
          Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

• Nova Artist
            • Jul 2007
            • Perth

On the topics of horns;

I used mine the other day to remind someone in the other lane that trying to change lanes into the position I currently occupied might not be such a good idea. How they could not see me I don't know, but I digress - the horn sounds like it belongs on a Colt, or whatever is Mitsubishi's smallest car these days.

It is an embarrassment - how are you supposed to be taken seriously when this large car emits a Wheeep sound from inside the engine bay when you press the horn. It's Asthmatic.

Back on topic, I laughed when reading the manual on how to activate the horn (no indication from the dealer that it even had one - never mind that it was delivered off) - imagining some weird contortions that would be needed to activate the silly thing - but in practice it was not that hard to do. I think it is quite neat that it emits a subtle 4 beep sound the next time you put the keys in the ignition, if the car has been entered, but the vehicle left with the doors closed again after the alarm is set, to let you know that someone has been in the car (or under the bonnet) even if you were not around to hear the original alarm. I've set the security alarm off on purpose and the post alarm warning does seem to work well, to let you know someone has been messing with the car while you have been away.
            Mar07 build NS LWB VRX Auto

Comment

• Mike DiD
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Nova Artist View Post
              I laughed when reading the manual on how to activate the horn (no indication from the dealer that it even had one - never mind that it was delivered off) - imagining some weird contortions that would be needed to activate the silly thing - but in practice it was not that hard to do.
              That's why I wrote out the instructions here in plain English.

Like most descriptions or instructions in the Owner's Manual, they look as if they've been written by the person who designed the software and has never actually watched someone trying to follow the instructions.

There are quite a few features that aren't mentioned in the brochure e.g the Reversing Sensor has something I haven't seen in any aftermarket unit - a reduced-sensitivity level for when fitted with a towbar. Hill Start Assist isn't mentioned (shift to Manual - 2nd gear).

Comment

• Scar
                • Aug 2007

Yeah i saw the tiny horn that is used for the alarm system. Need to hook up a relay which electrifies the whole car
                Have to agree with you Mike.
                Seems to be a bit left out of the manual.

I tried looking through the manual for how some of the MATT stuff works and really couldn't finad any helpful information.

I started to wonder if the poverty pack even had the MATT smarts even though there is a nice sticker on a rear door window saying i have

Taking mine off road this weekend into some decent bush trails etc so will be interesting to see how the MATT stuff works.

Cheers
                Jason..

Comment

• athino
                  • Jun 2007

Mine came with the alarm turned on so I didn't have to follow the convoluted instructions.

I initially changed the little horn for a larger one but that wasn't enough. I now also have the airhorns connected.
                  NX Exceed

Comment

• matthewfnorbert
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by athino View Post
                    I now also have the airhorns connected.
                    good work.. do they play "la cucuracha" too ?

do you have a photo?
                    SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• athino
                      • Jun 2007

No "la cucuracha". Next time I take off the grille I'll take a couple of photos.

It is mounted with a bracket I made up on the right side (looking from the front) and connected to the normal horns. If I momenterily press the horn on the steering wheel the normal horns go off. The air horns do not get enough pressure to make a sound. If I keep the horn button pressed there is enough pressure for all of them to scare the bejesus out of all peanuts trying to occupy the same space in the universe as the Pajero.

I am looking for an AhhhOoooGaaah Horn - the old blue type - for adition to the normal horns leaving the air horns to the alarm.
                      NX Exceed

Comment

• Geekay
                        • Aug 2007
                        • Wodonga Vic

Thanks for the heads up.

Mine wasn't activated but is now.
                        Geekay
                        SWB R DiD

Comment

• snoop75
                          • Jul 2007
                          • Melbourne West

This sounds class!!! Might try to see if I can buy an air horn off ebay or something.

[QUOTE=athino;5141]It is mounted with a bracket I made up on the right side (looking from the front) and connected to the normal horns. If I momenterily press the horn on the steering wheel the normal horns go off. The air horns do not get enough pressure to make a sound. If I keep the horn button pressed there is enough pressure for all of them to scare the bejesus out of all peanuts trying to occupy the same space in the universe as the Pajero.
                          QUOTE]
                          NS Shortie, Petrol Guzzler, Tow-Bar, Nudge-Bar, Rear Diff Lock, Rhino Sports roof bars, Newbee 4x4 Driver.

Comment

• peterdeg
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • NW Sydney

Originally posted by snoop75 View Post
                            This sounds class!!! Might try to see if I can buy an air horn off ebay or something.
                            An the range of tunes available from one seller:
                            • THE GOD FATHER
                            • DIXIE (DUKES OF HAZARD)
                            • RIVER KWAI
                            • LACARACHA
                            • CAVALRY CHARGE
                            • WEDDING MARCH
                            • MACARENA
                            • TEQUILA
                            • OH SUSANA
                            • JINGLE BELLS
                            • FRANCE POLICE

Peter
                            2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

• jmi
                              • Oct 2007
                              • Whyalla, SA

I was reading through my manual the other night and came across the alarm part. So i looked if mine was activated, and it wasn't
                              Thats a bit poor i think. If i hadn't read that part of the book or found this thread i would have been thinking that it was on.

Anyway i just thought i would put in a comment and bring this post back up the top for other new owners to read and check theirs.
                              * NS GLX 3.2L White Manual Poojero
                              * Uniden UH015sx UHF, Smartbar, Spot Lights
                              * Roof Rack, Dual Batteries, Water Bladder
                              * Kings 2", Diff Breather, Silent Armors
                              * Comming Next: A For Sale Sign!
                              * Pajero now sold!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X