• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pittsy87
    • Dec 2015
    • Melbourne

Rooftop console

Hi all

Has anyone installed a rooftop console between driver and passenger to mount uhf and things.
    Just wondering what it looks like and how easy it was to mount and also which brand you went with.
    Enquiring for a 2014 NW VRX

Cheers
    2014 NW VRX
    ARB Deluxe bar colour coded | Bushskinz rock sliders | Rasslar brush bars | Bushskinz under body protection and rear bar | DominatorX 12,00lbs winch | 9" LED spotties | 32" Lightbar mounted on roof | 2" Billstein Lovells combo lift | 7 din rocker switch mod | Dual battery readout in cab | Boo Boos intercooler guard | EGR block | Provent 200 catch can | LED interior conversion | Dual batteries | Redarc SBi12 | Spare wheel lift | Factory MM towbar | Donaldson secondary fuel filter
  • Paul (SA)
    • Apr 2013
    • Australia

I've had one on another vehicle.

It became redundant after a while and was never really used. Apart from that I kept banging my head on it getting into and out of the car etc.

They look the business but not for me.

Comment

• Scouter1
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2013
      • Sydney NSW

Saw one installed in an NS when I was looking at vehicles a few years - the owner was very happy with the fit & quality http://www.consoles.com.au/Mitsubish...NS_deeplow.htm

Cheers,
      Stephen
      2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• NFT5
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Canberra

I have one.

Would I get another? Probably not. I'd say the most expensive UHF mount I've ever had.

That said, I do like the UHF up there but the rest of it is a bit useless, or I just don't use it. It also hangs down a long way - enough to be mildly irritating when using the rear vision mirror, sometimes.

It took me a whole afternoon to match the colour so that it would look 100% "factory" and I'm very happy with the result on that. Could not imagine having one in the horrible grey that it came in.

The LED lights are good. I've never hit my head on it.

Chris

Comment

• ticky
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2015
          • Adelaide

Off Topic a bit, but if it's just to mount your UHF, have you considered a unit tucked up under the dash with all controls on the Mike.

Just a thought

Steve
          2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• Pittsy87
            • Dec 2015
            • Melbourne

Fair enough.
            Thanks for the responses.
            Think i will give it a miss by the sounds of things and find somewhere else for the uhf
            Cheers
            2014 NW VRX
            ARB Deluxe bar colour coded | Bushskinz rock sliders | Rasslar brush bars | Bushskinz under body protection and rear bar | DominatorX 12,00lbs winch | 9" LED spotties | 32" Lightbar mounted on roof | 2" Billstein Lovells combo lift | 7 din rocker switch mod | Dual battery readout in cab | Boo Boos intercooler guard | EGR block | Provent 200 catch can | LED interior conversion | Dual batteries | Redarc SBi12 | Spare wheel lift | Factory MM towbar | Donaldson secondary fuel filter

Comment

• Pwoffey
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2013
              • Adelaide

I have mine installed in the centre console slot just forward of the drinks holder. Haven't had a spill (yet ). I have a piece of split bicycle inner tubing to protect it when not in use. Passenger has access to all controls, which is handy.
              Attached Files
              BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front, Dobinson IMLrear shocks with Kings 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X