• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
    No OJ. Nothing noticeable at all. Purely driving feel.
    Thanks.
    Did it happen at all speeds and gears or just certain gears and speeds?

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• jimiw
      • Jan 2017
      • Brisbane

how do you know its pre 2010? The ebay description says 2009-2014? I haven't seen anything saying pre 2010 or after 2010 its all 2009 onwards or before 2009

It's on the passenger side at the back of the fuel pump. There's a grey or blue plug going into it. If you looks down over the battery you can't miss it. Only 2 bolts and the plug to remove it. New SCV comes with a replacement gasket.

It's even cheaper than I remember

I believe there's 2 variants. Check with the seller before purchasing. I think the change over was mid 2010. The one above is pre mid 2010.
      2012 PB challenger 4WD, pretty much stock, Munji EGR electronic block, Rhino Rack SX roof platform system, Rhino Rack 2.5m X 2.5m awning.

Comment

• jimiw
        • Jan 2017
        • Brisbane

It's on the passenger side at the back of the fuel pump. There's a grey or blue plug going into it. If you looks down over the battery you can't miss it. Only 2 bolts and the plug to remove it. New SCV comes with a replacement gasket.

It's even cheaper than I remember

I believe there's 2 variants. Check with the seller before purchasing. I think the change over was mid 2010. The one above is pre mid 2010.
        This one really cheap?

not a dense though if that matters?
        2012 PB challenger 4WD, pretty much stock, Munji EGR electronic block, Rhino Rack SX roof platform system, Rhino Rack 2.5m X 2.5m awning.

Comment

• starjunk
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2011
          • Sydney

Genuine denso is only 20-30 bucks more, so why risk it.... Especially if you need to relearn each time you change it.
          '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
          '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
          '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
          '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

• Toddyh
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2013
            • Lalor Park, NSW

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
            Thanks.
            Did it happen at all speeds and gears or just certain gears and speeds?

OJ.
            Mainly on slight inclines was when I noticed it most but also when at highway speeds.

Originally posted by jimiw View Post
            how do you know its pre 2010? The ebay description says 2009-2014? I haven't seen anything saying pre 2010 or after 2010 its all 2009 onwards or before 2009
            They told me there was a difference when I bought it. They sell both for the same price. You just need to specify when you purchase it.
            2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• jimiw
              • Jan 2017
              • Brisbane

sorry newbie question......im not 100% over cars......where do I find the fuel pump to get the number starting in 294 to check the SCV is compatible?

can't see anything with a number like that

thanks guys

Comment

• alexyjh
                • Aug 2017
                • Whyalla SA

I to am finding surging when im cruseing I feel and see it on the taco at 60km when cruse control is on quite bad

Comment

• coughy
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2014
                  • Redlands Brisbane QLD

there is a number on the back of the scv
                  that best way to replace with
                  there are a few different same looking ones so becarefull
                  the updated pumps have a purple looking scv that is longer that the newer cars use a denso agent will tell you if you can use which one
                  there is a number on the pump give that to agent they can advise which to use
                  mine was a old beige style one with a short appearance
                  now is the long purple one which is better for the fuel control
                  My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
                  New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.

Comment

• jimiw
                    • Jan 2017
                    • Brisbane

blue SCV

Hey guys,

I have a longer one with a blue end not a beige, all the cheap ones on eBay are beige so should i go for the $180 blue genuine one?

coughy whats the purple one u got

photo won't upload but heres a low res one instead
                    Attached Files

Comment

• coughy
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2014
                      • Redlands Brisbane QLD

yes thats it m8 the blue / purpleish looking one that is what you need
                      i have a old biege one that i just pm you but u need a newer bigger one

Mitsubishi Triton GLX, GL, ML, MN, 2.5L 4D56T. 2008-2017 Mitsubishi Triton GLX GL ML MN 2.5L 4D56T 07/2010 --> Denso Common Rail long unit. 2008-2017 Mitsubishi Triton GLX ML MN 2.5L 4D56T 07/2010 --> Denso Common Rail long unit.

and these guys are great to deal with i have bought a bit of gear from them

ask for garret and tell him you from the newtriton.net forums he give you discount
                      My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
                      New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.

Comment

• jimiw
                        • Jan 2017
                        • Brisbane

Thanks Coughy I messaged them. What are all the extra bits (plastic caps, extra screws) e.t.c. that are on that listing but not the first or others for?

thanks mate

Comment

• darreljourgenson
                          • Apr 2017
                          • AU

Before you get too excited, have you tried cleaning the MAF and MAP sensors? When I've had surging, I've pulled over straight away while it's happening and cleaned the maf on the side of the road, resolved the issue straight away.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Comment

• jimiw
                            • Jan 2017
                            • Brisbane

i clean the MAF regularly mate.....

my car drives like shit.....maybe thats just the challenger though

Waiting till next mechanic service to ask them their opinion I don't know if it bothers me that much

wheres the MAP sensor haven't heard of that one

Comment

• Ozzyal
                              • Sep 2017
                              • Rushworth

I just picked up a 2010 Challenger last week , surging slightly at 1800 to 2100 rpm with light throttle.
                              I put a heavy dose of Chemtech Super Diesel additive in the tank and drove it hard for 200kms .
                              Maybe too early to be confident, but no surging this morning on my 100kms to work .

Comment

• itsamitsi
                                Valued Member
                                • Aug 2015
                                • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by Ozzyal View Post
                                I just picked up a 2010 Challenger last week , surging slightly at 1800 to 2100 rpm with light throttle.
                                I put a heavy dose of Chemtech Super Diesel additive in the tank and drove it hard for 200kms .
                                Maybe too early to be confident, but no surging this morning on my 100kms to work .
                                I double dose all my diesels every service with Chemtech. I'm not a snakeoil believing kind of guy and am very skeptical on injector cleaners and the like. 2 products I truly believe actually work and one is no longer available(Toyota Diesel Injector cleaner, it would crystallize in the can after being opened) and it's replacement was no where near as good, and 2 is Chemtech. I have no affiliation with them just a satisfied customer for many years. You can feel the difference after using it.
                                Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X