Below Nav Bar

Collapse

What did you do to your Challenger today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ozzyal
    • Sep 2017
    • Rushworth

I see it , thanks , I think I need some go go gadget arms

Comment

• itsamitsi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2015
      • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by Ozzyal View Post
      Interested in the results , I'm waiting for one to be delivered myself .
      The one I ordered was about $250 , from a German company .
      I already run one of their chips in my ssangyong with good results .
      Yeah I haven't had a chance to drive it yet really. I threw it in and took it for a quick spin around the block but that's it. I'll crank it up a bit now the boss has racked a few K's up on it now. She hasn't said anything and I haven't told her....
      Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• itsamitsi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2015
        • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
        Look at the engine cover, rear passenger corner.

Drop down about 400mm and you'll see a plug and sensor on the rear end of a long silvery sausage shaped apparatus that has all the injector lines connected to it.

The CR pressure sensor is lcoated between the CR and the fire wall.

There's a tab on the CR sensor plug that must be depressed firmly in order to release the plug from the sensor. It may take some wiggling while dragging it rearwards before the plug releases from the sensor.

Have some bandaids and swear jar at the ready.
        Tell me about it..... SHEEEZUZ! I found pulling the splash flap and removing front left wheel was the best option. I tried from the top and bottom too.
        Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• Ozzyal
          • Sep 2017
          • Rushworth

Originally posted by itsamitsi View Post
          Yeah I haven't had a chance to drive it yet really. I threw it in and took it for a quick spin around the block but that's it. I'll crank it up a bit now the boss has racked a few K's up on it now. She hasn't said anything and I haven't told her....
          So is your chip adjustable/tunable ?

Comment

• itsamitsi
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2015
            • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by Ozzyal View Post
            So is your chip adjustable/tunable ?
            Yes it is. Can up and decrease the tune. I'll wind it up on the weekend and see what it does.

Comment

• Last Mohican
              • Mar 2016
              • Sydney

Yes it is. Can up and decrease the tune. I'll wind it up on the weekend and see what it does.
              I bought one late last year , If I’m honest I can’t really tell the difference !
              December/2015 PC LS Challenger (last one)

Comment

• Ozzyal
                • Sep 2017
                • Rushworth

The one I bought is from the same German company that I bought the one in my ssangyong from .
                It made a very impressive difference in the ssangyong in its std setting , with the ability to up it a bit more .
                If this chip does the same thing for the Challenger I'll be very pleased .

Comment

• Last Mohican
                  • Mar 2016
                  • Sydney

The Black One , tuning box from Germany is the one I purchased .
                  December/2015 PC LS Challenger (last one)

Comment

• Ozzyal
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Rushworth

Mine is Tuning kit , probably the same thing but I paid more

Comment

• Ozzyal
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Rushworth

Okay, fitted up this morning . Wow what a PITA to get to those connections .
                      Short drive , barely warmed up , so not really tried out yet , but all okay with no fault codes .
                      I will report after a decent drive/test .

Comment

• itsamitsi
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2015
                        • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by Last Mohican View Post
                        I bought one late last year , If I’m honest I can’t really tell the difference !
                        Wouldn't surprise me. I'm not expecting miracles but a little something would be nice.

Comment

• nj swb
                          Resident
                          • Jun 2007
                          • Adelaide

Wouldn't surprise me. I'm not expecting miracles but a little something would be nice.
                          I'm still trying to figure out how these things make a difference. At a fundamental level, the electrical connection between pedal and ECU, they can't remove any "lag" - but so many people report a marked improvement that they can't all be delusional.

Others have reported that simply stomping on the pedal doesn't reproduce the improvement, so I'm leaning towards it's something to do with adaptive learning, and how the various ECUs "learn" the behaviour of a sedate driver versus an enthusiastic driver - and adding one of these devices causes the ECUs to adapt to "enthusiasm", even when pedal application is sedate.

1. Does somebody who traditionally uses full throttle during the daily drive perceive less improvement than somebody with a more sedate pedal application?
                          2. Is part of the difference to do with transmission response? Does the transmission learn to hang on to lower gears and/or kick down more readily once one of these devices is installed?

Any feedback from manual drivers would help me with point 2.
                          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Kingbrown
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2012
                            • Port Augusta - SA

Checks prior to an upcoming trip revealed that the reverse direction on my winch had stopped working. Poo.

I traced the problem to lack of continuity in the relevant solenoid coil.

Digging deeper (and as 'fortune' would have it) the break was at the connection to the topmost layer of the coil, so I was able to repair it (ie unwind one turn of the coil and reconnect).

Reason for failure ?
                            The coil bobbins could rotate a little bit, so guess what ended up restraining the movement ?
                            Yep, the fragile coil leads.
                            CoiIs have now been prevented from moving and the winch is working as it should.

This is the second problem that I've had with this winch solenoid. First time the solenoid pounded one of the control wires flat, to the point that it broke. All due to the solenoid pack being inadequately restrained within the solenoid box and control wires getting caught between the solenoid and the box.

Solenoid is a 7yo TG Thompson model that was supplied with a Tigerz winch.
                            2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Ozzyal
                              • Sep 2017
                              • Rushworth

Luckily you have good brain , these days of cheap winches everywhere , most would have thrown it away and bought another one .

Comment

• itsamitsi
                                Valued Member
                                • Aug 2015
                                • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                                I'm still trying to figure out how these things make a difference. At a fundamental level, the electrical connection between pedal and ECU, they can't remove any "lag" - but so many people report a marked improvement that they can't all be delusional.

Others have reported that simply stomping on the pedal doesn't reproduce the improvement, so I'm leaning towards it's something to do with adaptive learning, and how the various ECUs "learn" the behaviour of a sedate driver versus an enthusiastic driver - and adding one of these devices causes the ECUs to adapt to "enthusiasm", even when pedal application is sedate.

1. Does somebody who traditionally uses full throttle during the daily drive perceive less improvement than somebody with a more sedate pedal application?
                                2. Is part of the difference to do with transmission response? Does the transmission learn to hang on to lower gears and/or kick down more readily once one of these devices is installed?

Any feedback from manual drivers would help me with point 2.
                                Are you talking about throttle controllers? Yes I do have one of them and yes it has improved it's driveability. I'm always sceptical with these things and don't usually follow suit unless I can be shown it does what it says it does. This other tuning chip connects on the CR connector but am unsure of what it does exactly"ie" increase rail pressure etc. I put it in and left it set on factory settings for a few hundred k's as they ask for in the destructions. I didn't notice and performance increase at that setting. It has 25 turns up and 25 turns down. I wound it up 10 turns this morning and it has increased it's performance. I did a 130K round trip and found it accelerated quite a bit harder and was considerably zippier. That was with the auto mate on. On the way home the boss was whinging how can I like it being so clunky around town so I turned the auto mate off and drove it in D. I approached a passing lane and decided to pass 2 cars so gave it a bit of right boot to which it went to limp mode when it hit about 3500 rpm, check light and trac lights on and no go. Pulled over and restarted it, all OK except check light on. Got home and it had no codes stored but when I reset them anyway it went away. All I can assume is it overboosted and shut down which it's never done before. I can only assume it's the tuning module has caused this and I was going to wind it up another 5 turns too. Might not do that now.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X