• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simon.bigguy
    • Apr 2019
    • Redfern

A return to Pajero

Simon here...

Pajero GLX owner in the early 90's, I have returned with a purchase last week of a 2018 GLS.

Single in my 20's, spending a little money wasn't a big problem, although 4 wheel driving was equal with a few other interests. Now here I am in my early 50's, wife and 3 kids and I have to be smart with my $$$$.

Plan is to (from Sydney) explore beaches, relatively 'easy' trails and a few longer drives through the interior. The plan is also not to place myself in situations where my lack of mechanical ability puts the equipment at risk. But at the same time see and enjoy our great country.

First step over the next month is to get the recovery gear for beach driving and plan out what bigger purchases are really needed (i.e. winch bar, winch, tow bar/recover hitch, snorkel, suspension). And look at joining a local club.

If I can get all those items past the Leader of the Opposition plus all the minor spending I reckon we'll get to do all those things I didn't do last time and a few more.

See ya.
    Last edited by simon.bigguy; 13-05-19, 12:42 PM.
  • Ian H
    Valued Member
    • May 2015
    • Melbourne

Good choice of car
    2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Welcome to the forum. Before you race out and buy all the fruit...install a catch can a torque converter lock up kit and an Ultragauge engine monitor. I,d have any of these before a bullbar or winch. Also read through the various threads on the forum regarding your model and it will help you better understand its running. Good luck and smart choice for a long term , value vehicle.
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X