• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bladesy
    • Feb 2019
    • Norah head

Gen 2 bull bar fitting

Hi there can anyone tell me if a 97 model Pajero bull bar would fit into a 2000 model NL Pajero
    Thanks
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

FWIW, I bought a new Poly bullbar for my NL. This was supposed to fit a 94 model from memory, but it fitted my NL perfectly. The only problem you may have is if the NL model was one of the blister mudguard models (Exceed), but if it is a standard model, it should fit.

Comment

• Just Cruzin
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2014
      • Pakenham

A 2000 model would be an NL escape with the bolt on flares, yay or nay?
      99 NL Exceed with air in tyres

Comment

• tomwithannl
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2010
        • Maria Coast Tasmania.

No, it can still be an Exceed in 2000 (blister side)

Tom
        1998 NL GLS 3.5 Auto. Bocar alloy bar with 13000lb I-Max winch & engine watchdog.
        1953 Morris Minor ute
        1990 Nissan Scargo van (The SNAIL)
        2005 Mercedes ML350 Special Edition 4Matic

Comment

• erad
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Cooma NSW

My NL Pajero was a 2000 model Escape, and the earlier model bullbar fitted straight onto it no problems.

Comment

• Just Cruzin
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2014
            • Pakenham

All the bull bars fit, it's the bar width that differs between the GLX and GLS, but the Exceed and Escape should both be the wider bar.

Comment

• gemster
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2012
              • Gold Coast

The answer to the OP's Q... Yes they will fit...........The Loops on a GLS and Exceed, both are widebody, has a slight bend in them to clear the lights and indicators... The bar I have on ATM has no bend in the loops and is off an Escape or GLX... The Bars are all the same fitting wise, just the bend in the loops is different... If you google Wide body Bars and Escape bars you will see the difference around the Headlight/Indicator area...

Gemster....
              Last edited by gemster; 11-03-19, 08:49 PM.
              YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
              And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
              ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

• gemster
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2012
                • Gold Coast

GLX/Escape bar...
                YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...

Comment

• Just Cruzin
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2014
                  • Pakenham

An Escape is a GLX with flares and therefore uses the wide body/GLS/Exceed bar, but they are all the same fitting wise except the NL had the body lift and needs packing between the bar and chassis rails, (not 100% necessary but advisable if winching off it)
                  There is a filler piece that may need to be trimmed in the corners when going one way or the other.

Comment

• gemster
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2012
                    • Gold Coast

GLS/Exceed bar...

Comment

• na1291
                      • Oct 2018
                      • Sydney

Haha that last pic is exactly like my girl.. need that bullbar now HMMMM

Comment

• gemster
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2012
                        • Gold Coast

Good luck, they go for a fair price.... One reason I didn't get another ARB bar is the weight issue.... By the time you mount a winch on them they weigh a fair bit and that is not the best on an IFS 4x4... By going alloy and a winch plate welded on the Frame, you lighten the load and the winch fits further back for better weight distribution....

Gemster...

Comment

• aussieguy
                          • Oct 2015
                          • Brisbane

Originally posted by gemster View Post
                          Good luck, they go for a fair price.... One reason I didn't get another ARB bar is the weight issue.... By the time you mount a winch on them they weigh a fair bit and that is not the best on an IFS 4x4... By going alloy and a winch plate welded on the Frame, you lighten the load and the winch fits further back for better weight distribution....

Gemster...
                          Apart from the statement about moving the weight back, the rest dosesn't make sense, weight is weight regardless of where it sits in front of the the front wheels so it will have the same impact on the suspension. YES alloy is lighter than steel, but a winch has the same impact on the suspension, a the few inches forward or back wont have that great an impact om weight distribution due to the height, but as always I could be wrong and woould be happy to be proven so.
                          05/97 NK 3.5L DOHC - DEAD
                          02/00 NL 3.5L SOHC

Comment

• gemster
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2012
                            • Gold Coast

where my winch is going to be is about 8" further back than if it was on a winch bar... Makes a difference... Every bit helps...

LW....

Comment

• aussieguy
                              • Oct 2015
                              • Brisbane

Originally posted by gemster View Post
                              where my winch is going to be is about 8" further back than if it was on a winch bar... Makes a difference... Every bit helps...

LW....
                              So underneath the radiator?
                              05/97 NK 3.5L DOHC - DEAD
                              02/00 NL 3.5L SOHC

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X