• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • claytspb
    • Jun 2018
    • maryborough

Up grading reverse lamps

After backing out of the long driveway Weds night I struggled to see the gateposts. I have not had the Challenger long so it hadn't bothered me until then.

So today I decided to up grade the OEM lamps with LED bulbs. I had previously done it to my GU Patrol so I found two more led bulbs and in 5 minutes had fixed that problem.

What I thought I would do is let everyone know what type I used and where to get them.

They are known as BA15S 50 SMD 3W LED Cool White Type 1156. Available on eBay from Aussie suppliers for $8 for 4 of them. They run cool and last for ages.
    Careful how many you replace as the Mechanic knocked them back on my Patrol in the Parkers, indicators and side lights when I went for a RWC. What the new owner did with them after the sale was not my problem!

Kerry
  • Quinno
    • May 2008

Kerry - and did they give you a vast improvement?
    2010 PB Challenger. Kings KCRR23 and 55H, sliders, front bar, warn winch, light force HID, 90L aux tank donated from NH Paj.

1992 NH GLX, 2.5L TD. Tough Dog lift 2", Alpine Engineering IFS mod kit, DieselGas, Piranha dual battery, ARB bar with Warn M8000, Outlander roof rack & boat rollers, 10ft tinny with 6hp, GME TX4000 UHF & Electophone SSB CB, custom fridge slide & false floor, window tint & Airflow snorkel.

Comment

• westvic
      • May 2016
      • Ballarat

Originally posted by claytspb View Post
      After backing out of the long driveway Weds night I struggled to see the gateposts. I have not had the Challenger long so it hadn't bothered me until then.

So today I decided to up grade the OEM lamps with LED bulbs. I had previously done it to my GU Patrol so I found two more led bulbs and in 5 minutes had fixed that problem.

What I thought I would do is let everyone know what type I used and where to get them.

They are known as BA15S 50 SMD 3W LED Cool White Type 1156. Available on eBay from Aussie suppliers for $8 for 4 of them. They run cool and last for ages.
      Careful how many you replace as the Mechanic knocked them back on my Patrol in the Parkers, indicators and side lights when I went for a RWC. What the new owner did with them after the sale was not my problem!

Kerry
      Thank you. Ordered yesterday

Comment

• Peebee
        • Jan 2011
        • South Fremantle

Ordered two of these (or similar) and they’ve taken about two weeks to get here. Installed them now, a very easy job, and they are much brighter. Anyone know if the same size will fit the interior - roof lights and doors?

Comment

• claytspb
          • Jun 2018
          • maryborough

Reverse lamps

Originally posted by Quinno View Post
          Kerry - and did they give you a vast improvement?
          Hi, Yes they made a huge difference. Well worth the effort in ordering and fitting is easy.

Comment

• claytspb
            • Jun 2018
            • maryborough

led upgrade

Originally posted by Peebee View Post
            Ordered two of these (or similar) and they’ve taken about two weeks to get here. Installed them now, a very easy job, and they are much brighter. Anyone know if the same size will fit the interior - roof lights and doors?
            Hi, I doubt very much if they are the same. The interior lamps will be low wattage . There will be a LED replacement and I will look it up and post answer.
            There is a slight chance that some LED will cause interference with your radio as I have experienced once before. I am not sure it is ok to replace all interior lamps with LED. They can be very bright and you may lose that ambience lighting and get theatrical flood light effect.!

Comment

• Peebee
              • Jan 2011
              • South Fremantle

You’re probably right. Might be nice to have more light in rear area and when you turn on the map light.

Comment

• erad
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2015
                • Cooma NSW

The reversing light in my Pajero (and presumably your vehicle as well) are 10 mm base, whereas the interior lights are much smaller - probably 5 mm. They won't fit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X